The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Portal 2
One Finger Death Punch
Minecraft
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer
Kitty in the Box
Mario Kart 64
Dead Space
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Team Fortress 2
Path of Exile
Crusader Kings II
San Juan
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Payday 2
Destiny
Sentinels of the Multiverse
Wars and Battles
Mushroom Hunting
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Portal
Fallout 3
Final Fantasy VI
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Mirror's Edge
Super Smash Bros.
Eye of the Beholder II: The Legend of Darkmoon
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Planescape: Torment
Plants vs. Zombies
Quake
Baldur's Gate
Slaves to Armok: God of Blood Chapter II – Dwarf Fortress
Tetris
StarCraft
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Unreal Tournament III
The Secret of Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Diablo III
Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time
God of War
Dragon Age: Origins
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Braid
The Battle for Wesnoth
Recommend
185 
 Thumb up
 Hide
502 Posts
[1]  Prev «  17 , 18 , 19 , 20 , 21  Next »  [21] | 

Gaucho - An Interactive Geek Western» Forums » News

Subject: Gaucho - An Interactive Geek Western (July 29th - August 5th, 2012) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That reminds me, I wonder how many people got the Zork reference. I was lmao over that one. I actually don't get many of the references (or what I assume to be), but... I've had a few good laughs over some of the responses I get, which almost appear to be for us old-timers who will say just about anything.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I'm starting to wonder if I should kill the piano with my bare hands.
8 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Viera
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think I've figured out everything I need to score 100% except for
Spoiler (click to reveal)
the "flecks of something glinting" I need for the machine. I can look at it but I can't pick it up, or move it. Can I get a hint please?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YAH! Finally finished, 100% 1131 moves. I bet 300 of those were all my nonsense. :-) (And only one little hint.)
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani (@rpggeek)
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TerminallyChill wrote:
I think I've figured out everything I need to score 100% except for
Spoiler (click to reveal)
the "flecks of something glinting" I need for the machine. I can look at it but I can't pick it up, or move it. Can I get a hint please?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Try MOVE DIRT TO MACHINE. The verbs are a little tricky in this area.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com Potato free since 2014
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
The answer to your question is hinted at below. GM me for more details.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I must have missed this in the previous 20 pages.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I'm in the darkened mine shaft. I've found what I think is the lantern stuck in the wall, but have no idea how to get it out. Digging, pulling and lubing don't seem to help. I'm sure I'm not supposed to light the dynamite here!


I feel like I'm so close!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani (@rpggeek)
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Erniepaul wrote:
Ok, I must have missed this in the previous 20 pages.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I'm in the darkened mine shaft. I've found what I think is the lantern stuck in the wall, but have no idea how to get it out. Digging, pulling and lubing don't seem to help. I'm sure I'm not supposed to light the dynamite here!


I feel like I'm so close!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
You're going to need something much more powerful. Something with some real BANG!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com Potato free since 2014
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
The answer to your question is hinted at below. GM me for more details.
mbmbmbmbmb
98%! angry
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani (@rpggeek)
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Erniepaul wrote:
98%! angry

You're just missing the one thing visible in your current avatar. It's found indoors in the main part of town!
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Davis
United States
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you actually going to keep this open for a few more days like you suggested that you might? Or should I try to finish it this afternoon?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani (@rpggeek)
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
foggybottom wrote:
Are you actually going to keep this open for a few more days like you suggested that you might? Or should I try to finish it this afternoon?

I'm working on the wrap-up thread now. I'm extending the main adventure for 2 more days (Tuesday - 6PM EDT) but not the Transmitter Key bonus area.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Goyes
Colombia
Bogota
Cundinamarca
flag msg tools
It’s true hard work never killed anyone, but I figure, why take the chance? - Ronald Reagan
mbmbmbmbmb
99% complete but I have no time to play it more before tomorrow
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric M. Aldrich I
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
How much longer to finish today? Almost done....
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani (@rpggeek)
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ealdrich wrote:
How much longer to finish today? Almost done....

I'm extending until Tuesday (but not for the super-secret Morse Code Transmitter Key)
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric M. Aldrich I
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, finished, now need to type in my code....
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani (@rpggeek)
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaucho - An Interactive Geek Western » Forums » News
Re: Gaucho - An Interactive Geek Western (July 29th - August 5th, 2012)
Gaucho - Sunset, The Closing of the Saloon and Event Wrap-Up
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
N. Pigeon St. | Size to roll up: 14cm9mm
badge
A poisonous frog. Better not eat this then...
mbmbmb
I give: I found
Spoiler (click to reveal)
the lantern

But have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it! I swear I've looked EVERYWHERE!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani (@rpggeek)
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColdFrog wrote:
I give: I found
Spoiler (click to reveal)
the lantern

But have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it! I swear I've looked EVERYWHERE!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Nothing! It's just a microbadge.
8 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
N. Pigeon St. | Size to roll up: 14cm9mm
badge
A poisonous frog. Better not eat this then...
mbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
ColdFrog wrote:
I give: I found
Spoiler (click to reveal)
the lantern

But have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it! I swear I've looked EVERYWHERE!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Nothing! It's just a microbadge.

Oh crazy - I could've sworn that when I found it my score didn't increase at all. Ah well then!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quaid Slauson
United States
flag msg tools
There are great things afoot.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgoyes wrote:
99% complete but I have no time to play it more before tomorrow

The last 1% is for successfully sleeping. (I think that's already been written here, so I'm safe to write it again.)

8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quaid Slauson wrote:
(I think that's already been written here, so I'm safe to write it again.)

FWIW the OP says: "The only people authorized to give out (subtle) hints are: (wavemotion) (vestige) (TheEbonyTurtle) ... Please do NOT post any spoilers to this thread".

(But I think the adventure is basically over now anyway...)
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani (@rpggeek)
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Quaid Slauson wrote:
(I think that's already been written here, so I'm safe to write it again.)

FWIW the OP says: "The only people authorized to give out (subtle) hints are: (wavemotion) (vestige) (TheEbonyTurtle) ... Please do NOT post any spoilers to this thread".

(But I think the adventure is basically over now anyway...)

Yes, spoilers are fine at this point. I'm allowing an extra 2 days (until Tuesday 6PM EDT) for people to finish up.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Quaid Slauson wrote:
(I think that's already been written here, so I'm safe to write it again.)

FWIW the OP says: "The only people authorized to give out (subtle) hints are: (wavemotion) (vestige) (TheEbonyTurtle) ... Please do NOT post any spoilers to this thread".

(But I think the adventure is basically over now anyway...)

I suppose we can let this one slide.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
She is blazing in the thick of the fight, she's beaming with might, ferocious and bright,
badge
Scorching fire burns faces to ashes, all terror she smashes, one blink and she flashes!
mb
Thanks for extending the deadline on this, as I just found out about it today! An awesome text adventure; lots of fun! Bravo.
11 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani (@rpggeek)
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MichMedia wrote:
Thanks for extending the deadline on this, as I just found out about it today! An awesome text adventure; lots of fun! Bravo.

Good work, Paul! You just snuck in with only 2.5 hours left!

Be sure to check out: Gaucho - Sunset, The Closing of the Saloon and Event Wrap-Up
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
She is blazing in the thick of the fight, she's beaming with might, ferocious and bright,
badge
Scorching fire burns faces to ashes, all terror she smashes, one blink and she flashes!
mb
wavemotion wrote:
MichMedia wrote:
Thanks for extending the deadline on this, as I just found out about it today! An awesome text adventure; lots of fun! Bravo.

Good work, Paul! You just snuck in with only 2.5 hours left!

Be sure to check out: Gaucho - Sunset, The Closing of the Saloon and Event Wrap-Up

Whew, that was close! Hopefully next time I can play at more of a mosey. surprise

(Will check out that thread, too - thanks!)
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  17 , 18 , 19 , 20 , 21  Next »  [21] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.