Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ANDREAS MILIOPOULOS
Greece
KOROPI
ATTICA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, I would like to thank all of you for your questions! During this past week, many fond memories of the past became beautiful moments in the present. It has been great being VGGeek Of the Week!

It is now time to pave the path that leads to tomorrow. I introduce you the new VGGeek of the Week

Kennan Ward
United States
California
flag msg tools
Angry Joe Show Army
badge
"We were fighting like men"
mbmbmbmbmb

Legolas_Katarn wrote:
Hello, I'm Legolas_Katarn, or Kennan. I'd like to thank echelon for choosing me as VGGeek of the Week. I've had this username for about 10 years. I was never good at thinking of names so when I joined a website I just used the names of characters I was playing as in the games I was playing, Legolas in The Two Towers (PS2) and Kyle Katarn in Jedi Outcast. I've kept the name since then for almost any video game related website I join.

I started playing video games around 20 years ago. I got started when I was three playing on the PC and on my first console the SNES. Some of the earliest games I remember playing were Aquanoid, Super Mario All Stars, Wolfenstein 3D, Duke Nukem, and Hocus Pocus. Video games have been my main hobby for most of my life, it's only been in the last few years that I have gotten back into board, card, and tabletop RPG games with the help of this website. Now that I've moved to Idaho two weeks ago it looks like video games will be taking up most of my time again, at least, until I can find another gaming group. I was able to fit an SD TV into my room to hook up some of my older consoles (SNES, Gensis and Sega CD, Saturn, and PS2), it will be nice to finish some of the games I haven't gotten to playing on those system.

I've kept all the games I've had since I was a kid and have created a descent sized collection over the years, with over 1060 games (including digital), soundtracks, artbooks, special edition cases and figures, etc. I try to beat every game I own but ever since finding Humble Bundle and becoming a member of Steam and seeing their sales I've started to have a descent sized backlog. I own just about every console and handheld since the Genesis/SNES with the exceptions of the Virtual Boy, CDI, Jaguar, 32X, and Dreamcast. I don't own any older games or systems but I have played games on the Atari 2600 and NES before. It's very difficult to do a top 20 games list anymore, having to pick five for this won't be easy.

My favorite genres of games, and the games that helped me discover them, are tactical shooters (Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon), SRPGs (Ring of Red/Ogre Battle 64), space flight sims (Tie Fighter/Descent Freespace), and western RPGs (Baldurs Gate/Fallout/Planescape Torment). I have enjoyed games from all genres though, with the exception of racing/driving games, likely due to my dislike of cars. I started playing games online near the end of 2001 with Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, a lot of great player made content from the online community helped to make me always appreciate games that allows fans to easily create and edit additional content.

I have only just found this site a little over two years. The only website I have remained an active member with for a long period of time is with Gamespot, which I joined in 2003 and used since 2002. I hope that I will continue to use and enjoy this website for the same amount of time, and longer.

- What is the worst game you ever played (and why)?

It would be easy to list some terrible almost unplayable game but most of those games don't hurt anyone, I'll have to mention one whose very existence offends me. Fallout Brotherhood of Steel. My roommate at the time and I were planning to do a video review of the entire Fallout franchise, we both thought that Fallout 3 was easily the worst and that the storyline and world was offensively bad for fans of the old games. That was until we played the one game that neither of us had played before, the Xbox/PS2 game Fallout Brotherhood of Steel. Not only was everything about it terrible but it was also one of the most boring games we ever played. We had to take turns between ourselves and another guy to avoid falling asleep while playing. Even doing that I still managed to doze off a few times, only to be woken up by the sound of the mines that I was stepping on. Ignoring everything else wrong with that game I don't think I've ever played anything that was so bad it put me, and two others, to sleep.

- What is your favorite video game-related memory?

While playing Baldurs Gate 2 online with four other people and some mods to add new enemies we ended up in an area where the only way to damage some magical enemy was to use an enchanted weapon. The problem was we either didn't have anything or they didn't have a high enough enchantment. I was in the back of the formation since I was playing as a sorcerer, I damaged it as much as I could but I was unfortunately low on spells at the time. After the monster killed everyone else and was moving towards me I figured if I couldn't kill it I might as well let it kill itself. By using a combination of stoneskin to protect myself when hit and fire shield which damages anything that hits me I was able to get the creature to kill itself. Wasn't sure what to do for my fallen party though, I wasn't a cleric. I've always thought that was pretty funny.

- How long was your longest single VG-playing-session ever (and what game(s))?

Some games I've played for almost a full day without stopping would probably be Baldurs Gate 1 and 2, Halo 2, Ogre Battle 64, Tales of Vesperia, Jagged Alliance 2, Dibalo 2, and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 and 2.

- What is your current platform of choice?

It's always been the PC for me. With the ability to easily use console controllers, free online, and the ability to hook your computer up to an HDTV this generation I don't know why it wouldn't be the ideal choice for everyone. My main console has been the 360 for this generation (even though the PS3 ended up with much better exclusives) and for the next it looks like it will be the PS4.

- What are you playing now, and what will you be playing next?

Right now I'm playing Dragon's Crown (PS3), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Tales of Xillia (PS3), and when my friends send me an invite FIFA 13 (360) and Halo 4 (360). I'm also waiting on the Berlin expansion for Shadowrun Returns (PC) as well as some good player made mods, although it looks like that was just pushed back from October to January. I've been playing a lot of different games on a lot of systems. I'll probably try to finish my copy of Popful Mail and Shining Force CD on the Sega CD soon and then get started on Shining Force 3 or Dragon Force on the Saturn.

- Do you use cheat codes?

Not really, if I did it would be to just mess around, not to make things easier when trying to finish the game. I almost never did in older games and it's rarely an option at all anymore. The only two games I remember using them all the time was in an older GTA to spawn things and in Star Wars Jedi Outcast to slow the games speed down to play like I was in bullet time. Doing a cartwheel and directing my roll in slow motion to make blaster shots go between my arms and legs was pretty fun, more games need to let you do that.

- What is your favorite contribution (of yours or of another user) to VGG (provide a link, if possible)?

I've added a lot of games, mostly more obscure ones, but my favorite contributions in general are anyone posting about a good Kickstarter campaign. I've been a huge fan of that for the last two years and have supported a lot of great video games, board games, RPGs, movies, etc and I am always happy to find someone posting about something interesting or spreading the word about something I want to see supported.

Poll
Which of these 5 games will echelon select as the one game he would keep if he could have no other games the rest of his life?
Ogre Battle 64 Person of Lordly Caliber
Suikoden 2
Baldur's Gate 2
Bastion
Crusader Kings 2
      16 answers
Poll created by echelon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ANDREAS MILIOPOULOS
Greece
KOROPI
ATTICA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: VGGeek of the Week #125 - Kannan Ward (Legolas_Katarn)
...and I'll start this off by asking the first question:

What does the Katarn part of your user name stand for?

Congratulations Kennan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
If you have some sanity left...
badge
...come and join me in the tavern I buy you a mug of beer.
mb
Congratulations !

My usual questions:

1. What is the strangest video game you have ever played?
2. What's you're favorite meal?
3. What's you're favorite drink?
4. Do you (or have you ever) played Board or RPG Games?
5. Will you congratulate you're BGG and RPGG counterparts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Someone from ex:el
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
Have you played Primetris yes?
badge
Yeah, didn't think so...
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations.

Any chance we'll see that Brotherhood of Steel review, here on VGG? Sounds like it'll be a fun read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hodkinson
Canada
Kemble
Ontario
flag msg tools
admin
兵者,詭道也。
badge
mb
Congrats Kannan! Here are some questions.

1. How do you feel about video games being called "the pre-eminent art form of the 21st century"?
2. From what does your avatar come -- wait, that's Orlando Bloom from the Lord of the Rings-- scratch that question?
3. What have been your experiences, if any, with Massively Multiplayer Online games?
4. Your dislike of cars is in video games, right? I mean, you're in Idaho now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
The City - Arthur's apartment
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
I love my sugar with her tea.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Kennan!

1. What is the most underrated game in your opinion?
2. What would you like to change about the gaming industry?
3. What do you love most about gaming?
4. Given unlimited resources, what game would you like to see developed?
5. What is it about current gaming that has you excited?
6. What do you like most about where you live?
7. Tell us about some of your other hobbies.

Have a great week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kennan Ward
United States
California
flag msg tools
Angry Joe Show Army
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
echelon wrote:
...and I'll start this off by asking the first question:

What does the Katarn part of your user name stand for?

Congratulations Kennan!

I mentioned that in the introduction, the name was from Kyle Katarn form Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast. Also from Dark Forces, Dark Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight, and Jedi Knight 3 Jedi Academy. Also some of the Star Wars books I guess but I never read those.

Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
Congratulations !

My usual questions:

1. What is the strangest video game you have ever played?
2. What's you're favorite meal?
3. What's you're favorite drink?
4. Do you (or have you ever) played Board or RPG Games?
5. Will you congratulate you're BGG and RPGG counterparts?

1: Hard to say because I know of a lot of strange games that I never actually played. From my collection, unfortunately, one of the strangest games that comes to mind is Catherine.

2: I usually prefer Mexican food. Something spicy

3: I would usually prefer a shake or smoothie to anything else.

4: I've played card games for years but only started playing board games in the last three. Some of the ones I own and have played are Descent and one of its expansions, the new Descent, Panzer Blitz, Star Trek Fleet Captains, Earth Reborn, Middle Earth Quest, and Mage Knight. For card games I own and have played Lord of the Rings and Star Wars Decipher games, Magic, Fantasy Flights Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Warhammer. I've supported the kickstarters for and own Sedition Wars, Tammany Hall, D-Day Dice, and Divided Republic but have not played those yet.

For RPG games I started getting some books for Pathfinder early this year. I own nine of the Pathfinder books, beginner box, GM screen, and Rise of the Runelords adventure book and it's pawn collection. I was playing it for a few months with my roommates and some of their friends, since I just moved from Texas to Idaho I'll need to find a new group though. I also own one of the older Star Wars Core Books from 96 I think, but I never played it and I supported Numenera's Kickstarter and will be getting all the books from that.

5: Yes

Ooops wrote:
Congratulations.

Any chance we'll see that Brotherhood of Steel review, here on VGG? Sounds like it'll be a fun read.

None. My roommate and I were planning to make an internet show, something in the style of what you could see on thatguywiththeglasses.com. That's actually where the Vault Hamsters title by my name came from, that's what we were going to call the series. We had planned to do reviews on Heavy Rain, the Fallout series, and some Sega CD and Saturn games but we ran into a few problems and now I've moved. He was the expert on Fallout and the lore of the series so alone I have very little to say about the game other than if you or your kids are having trouble sleeping I would recommend you try this game before the warm glass of milk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kennan Ward
United States
California
flag msg tools
Angry Joe Show Army
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewhodkinson wrote:
Congrats Kannan! Here are some questions.

1. How do you feel about video games being called "the pre-eminent art form of the 21st century"?
2. From what does your avatar come -- wait, that's Orlando Bloom from the Lord of the Rings-- scratch that question?
3. What have been your experiences, if any, with Massively Multiplayer Online games?
4. Your dislike of cars is in video games, right? I mean, you're in Idaho now.

1: I don't know about putting it higher than books, plays, paintings, etc I probably wouldn't put any one thing above the other but I definitely consider them all equal art forms. Although I've actually never been effected at all by looking at paintings, statues, etc. I think we've seen games with excellent stories and characters for years in games like Planescape Torment, we've seen artstyle, narration, and gameplay come together to make something wonderful in games like Bastion, Gone Home has really connected with a lot of people and reminded them of very personal experiences so I can definitely understand why someone would say that.

2: I should see if I can find an avatar of Legolas from Fantasy Flight's card game.

3: I've played Guild Wars, Tera, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars KOTOR, and very little of Final Fantasy 14. I've owned the special edition of Guild Wars 2 since release but have not been able to play it due to some problem my computer has running a lot of games it should be able to run. I don't spend much time with them, unless I find a group of people to play with I would often rather be playing something else.

4: No, I hate cars/vans/trucks/motorcycles/etc. I can't stand driving and one of the reasons why I didn't play board or card games for years was that I wouldn't drive the 10 minutes to get to my nearest gaming shop. I don't know why being in Idaho would matter. I did have to drive from Texas to Idaho, and then back to Texas, and then back to Idaho when we were unable to get all of our stuff in one trip. If anything that has made me dislike driving even more. I usually don't leave the house, unless I go for a walk or to work, and if I go somewhere with somebody I always ask them if they are driving.

tickmanfan wrote:
Congratulations, Kennan!

1. What is the most underrated game in your opinion?
2. What would you like to change about the gaming industry?
3. What do you love most about gaming?
4. Given unlimited resources, what game would you like to see developed?
5. What is it about current gaming that has you excited?
6. What do you like most about where you live?

Have a great week!

1: More people should know of the Ogre Battle, Ring of Red, Phantom Dust, and Bushido Blade games.

2: In the last year I think all I want for the industry is a guy added who just travels around the world backhanding Cliff B, Phil Fish, Warren Spector, Peter Molyneux, and everyone from Nintendo and Microsoft whenever they say anything stupid, insulting, or crazy. It would probably take more than one guy.

3: I've met a lot of great people over the years. Friends and people who's opinion about the industry I've enjoyed reading about over the years. When it comes to just playing the game it's hard to say any one thing as I'm usually looking for something different depending on the genre I'm playing.

4: Well one of the reasons I love Kickstarter is that I'm seeing a lot of the kind of games I love being made with Project Eternity, Wasteland 2, Torment Numenera, and Star Citizen. As well as seeing two of my favorite people making the games they want Brian Fargo and Chris Avellone.

I suppose if resources were infinite I would really like to see a lot of things from different games combined into something great. Some of my favorite features have been creating units from your army where different formations do different things like in Ogre Battle. The choices given to you in games like Planescape and games like it. Permanent death in games like XCOM and Fire Emblem. The events based on what is going on and character traits in Crusader Kings 2.

I think I would really like to see a kind of strategy game, I think Star Trek would be the best example. Something where you commanded a force and were able to create units or squadrons, assign different people to captain or to support the captains of other ships, have those ships act somewhat independently based on who is in charge of them and their personalities, possibly with different random events like in Crusader Kings 2. Then have different options available to accomplish your objectives combat, stealth, diplomacy, etc with different outcomes depending on how you handle situations, dialogue choices, and what your other commanders did.

5: The rise in indie development, consoles supporting indie devs, and Kickstarter. That is where almost all of the games I am most interested in are coming from.

6: I just got here. So far. It's not Abilene. It should be colder. Some very good places to eat. About an hour away from Sun Valley, very nice there. :looks up news: Well apparently there is a massive fire and they have evacuated over 2000 homes.....so, it was nice there?

7: Video games and roleplaying games are really my only hobbies. I used to read a lot when I was younger but I don't really do that anymore (with the exception of reading RPG books and things on the internet or in games). I've never liked any physical activities or being outside in the daytime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Kennan!

Enjoy your week of fame and glory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kennan Ward
United States
California
flag msg tools
Angry Joe Show Army
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:

I did referee paintball as a job throughout all of High School and played quite a bit as well. Even though I don't enjoy physical activities I was one of the better and faster players there, also made use of my experience playing tactical games to take command of my team sometimes, was one of the few people there not bothered at all by getting shot, had good balance so I was always able to run on any terrain, I also often did some of the more crazy things such as diving through windows, over barricades onto rocks, sliding along rocks, jumping out of lookout towers, etc. My interest ended very quickly in playing though. I would have preferred to just have been playing video games instead, the games taking place in often humid areas and in a hot area of California didn't help me to enjoy it. I might not like being out in the morning but out in the morning in 115 degree weather wasn't much fun for a lot of us. If I was playing with the right people and if I was playing in an area where it was cold, especially if it was snowing or foggy I would probably like it enough to make it a hobby. I would likely prefer to stay more in back and give orders to my team though. One of the things I liked best was having a lookout tower I could give orders from on one of the old fields.

papiklfish wrote:
Congratulations Kennan!

Enjoy your week of fame and glory.

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tenpence nonthericher
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
She is blazing in the thick of the fight, she's beaming with might, ferocious and bright,
badge
Scorching fire burns faces to ashes, all terror she smashes, one blink and she flashes!
mbmbmbmbmb
Grats, Kennan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Reed
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As one of my first posts back on VGG after a long absence, I'd like to say:

Congratulations on being VGG this week! I hope you enjoy it. thumbsup
And I'm watching the Two Towers on TV this very moment.

I see from your Interests list that you have quite a few instruments there. Do you play them? What's your thoughts on videogame music in its different guises?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kennan Ward
United States
California
flag msg tools
Angry Joe Show Army
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ncik wrote:
I see from your Interests list that you have quite a few instruments there. Do you play them? What's your thoughts on videogame music in its different guises?

No, I've never attempted to learn any instrument. I've never met a person with less interest in music then me. I enjoy listening to the piano, violin, cello, harp, and some jazz music but I rarely ever do and I never listen to anything else unless I play video game music from the NES/SNES era, but that's rare for me to do as well. Other than that I really don't think about or pay much attention to music in games at all, Bastion and Soul Sacrifice are really two of the only games in years where the music made me enjoy the games a lot more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Kennan!

1) Star Wars or Star Trek?
2) Two door or four door?
3) CFL or incandescent?
4) Cruel or unusual?
5) Real or imaginary?

Enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kennan Ward
United States
California
flag msg tools
Angry Joe Show Army
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Congratulations Kennan!

1) Star Wars or Star Trek?
2) Two door or four door?
3) CFL or incandescent?
4) Cruel or unusual?
5) Real or imaginary?

Enjoy your week!

1: I was never much of a Star Wars fan but they have released a lot of excellent games for it. When it comes to Star Trek I'm really only a fan of Deep Space 9, The Wrath of Khan, and I love Picard (not movie Picard though). I guess I would take Star Trek when it comes to movies and shows and Star Wars for video games.

2: Four

3: CFL

4: Unusually cruel

5: Imaginary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Kennan!

Why PS4, and not Xbox One?

Well I will go with PS4 myself, just interested.

Actually, I was hoping for a really good machine from Nintendo, with good graphics, and backcompatible with NES Ah, Metroid!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kennan Ward
United States
California
flag msg tools
Angry Joe Show Army
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:
Congrats Kennan!

Why PS4, and not Xbox One?

Well I will go with PS4 myself, just interested.

Actually, I was hoping for a really good machine from Nintendo, with good graphics, and backcompatible with NES Ah, Metroid!

Microsoft's entire announcement and PR strategy was an embarrassing mess so I don't really want to support them for that. Sony did what was most important to me said that they would be supporting indie devs and Nintendo and Sony have been doing a lot to get indie games, even ones in development, for their console. Other than that PS+ is cheaper and offers much more value for the money with all the free and discounted games I will get (since my friends have always been on the Xbox and 360 Live I have never been a member before), it will also apply to my Vita. There is the possibility that the PS4 will also be or at least be somewhat backwards compatible. I really enjoyed listening to the designer of the PS4 talk about creating it and what he and developers felt was important. The PS4 is also $100 cheaper and Sony ended up with much better exclusives this generation and has better first party developers.

From a recent news story it looks like the PS4 will also be getting Twitch support now so it will have that and Ustream. Which reminds me that the more news that comes out about the Xbox seems to be them fixing things people complained about (except for them cutting their already low number of supported countries in half) while news for the PS4 seems to be revealing more good news.

Most likely I will end up with everything at some point though but a PS4 and PC upgrade come first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Kennan! Have a great week!

Also, I agree with you completely in your most recent comments vis a vis the PS4. Which exclusive for that system intrigues you the most?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kennan Ward
United States
California
flag msg tools
Angry Joe Show Army
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spirit of 70 wrote:

Also, I agree with you completely in your most recent comments vis a vis the PS4. Which exclusive for that system intrigues you the most?

There's really not many exclusive games I am interested in right now, that have a confirmed date, or that I know to be exclusives.

N++ and Hotline Miami 2 are probably the only next gen games I'm really interested in (assuming they aren't also on the PS3 or Vita), I don't know if they are exclusive though (I'm sure they will be on PC at least). I think the Xbox and Wii U have the only two exclusives I'm interested in which are Dead Rising 3 and Fire Emblem vs SMT.

I know the Kickstarter developers of some games like Among the Sleep, C-Wars, Liege, and I think Shovel Knight were talking to Sony and Nintendo about getting their games on their systems but I don't see any reason why those wouldn't be on the PS3 or Vita and they wouldn't be exclusive anyway with the PC and possible Nintendo release.

For next gen I'm interested in Watchdogs and Assassins Creed because I liked the navy combat of the last one and I like the multiplayer. I'm not that interested in many next gen titles yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
G'Day Kennan,

Congratulations!

d10-1 Which games, if any, of the Civilization family have you played?
d10-2 Do you have a preference for turn based or real time?
d10-3 What's the most ancient media that you have used to load a game for playing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kennan Ward
United States
California
flag msg tools
Angry Joe Show Army
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
G'Day Kennan,

Congratulations!

d10-1 Which games, if any, of the Civilization family have you played?
d10-2 Do you have a preference for turn based or real time?
d10-3 What's the most ancient media that you have used to load a game for playing?

1: I'm pretty sure I played 2 and 3 and I own 5 and its first expansion. I saw four being played by a friend but never played it.

2: Turn based, with SRPGs being my favorite genre and games like Fallout 1 and 2 and Jagged Alliance 2 probably being in my top 10 or 15. If I play a real time strategy game I prefer it to be at least partially turn based and to have massive battles like in the Total War or King Arthur The Roleplaying Wargame games. Assuming we are talking about strategy games I've never been a big fan of most RTS games other than Company of Heroes, the Warhammer 40K games, and I would assume World in Conflict if I had ever played it.

3: The oldest console that I own is a model one Genesis/Mega Drive but when I was younger I knew someone with a NES and an Atari 2600 that we played games on. So the Atari 2600. I believe it was the all black version from 1982.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
very manly muppet
badge
muppet of a man
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Kennan!

What's the hardest video game you've ever beaten? What video game related accomplishment are you most proud of?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kennan Ward
United States
California
flag msg tools
Angry Joe Show Army
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hirocon wrote:
Congratulations, Kennan!

What's the hardest video game you've ever beaten? What video game related accomplishment are you most proud of?

1: I don't know I don't remember any games standing out. I guess some of the more recent games I've played and beaten that people say are hard have been Mega Man 9, Contra, and Super Contra.

2: Finding a cheap copy of Suikoden 2 and its guide book years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kennan Ward
United States
California
flag msg tools
Angry Joe Show Army
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legolas_Katarn wrote:
Spirit of 70 wrote:

There's really not many exclusive games I am interested in right now, that have a confirmed date, or that I know to be exclusives.

N++ and Hotline Miami 2 are probably the only next gen games I'm really interested in (assuming they aren't also on the PS3 or Vita), I don't know if they are exclusive though (I'm sure they will be on PC at least). I think the Xbox and Wii U have the only two exclusives I'm interested in which are Dead Rising 3 and Fire Emblem vs SMT.

I know the Kickstarter developers of some games like Among the Sleep, C-Wars, Liege, and I think Shovel Knight were talking to Sony and Nintendo about getting their games on their systems but I don't see any reason why those wouldn't be on the PS3 or Vita and they wouldn't be exclusive anyway with the PC and possible Nintendo release.

For next gen I'm interested in Watchdogs and Assassins Creed because I liked the navy combat of the last one and I like the multiplayer. I'm not that interested in many next gen titles yet.

I don't know how I could forget to say The Witcher 3, I think I was just thinking of that as a PC title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.