RULES POR PLAYING
the game of
1. Shuffle the pack and deal six cards to each player. Place the remainder of the pack face downwards In the centre of the table The object of the game is to dispose of all your cards by placing them In numerical order along their respective Coaching Route indicated by the coloured band.
2. The player on the left of the Dealer commences the game and must play a "LONDON" card. If this card Is not held than the player must take the top card from the pack. Should this card be a "LONDON" card he places It face up on the centre of the table and the play goes to the next Player on his left and so on. Cards may only be played In rotation. i.e., Number 2 on Number 1 and Number 3 on Number 2 but if any Player does not hold a numbered card he may play a "London" card Instead. A Player holding neither must take a card from the pack.
3. A Player may continue to place any cards down as long as the numbers run consecutively and on the correct route.
4. A Player may play a Highwayman card at any time and on any route after the route has been started, and until that card is covered by a "Bow Street Runner", it is impossible for any other cards to be played on that route.
5. The Player who gets rid of all his cards first Is the Winner, whilst the others total up the numbers on the cards remaining In their hands, counting 10 points for a Bow Street Runner and 20 points for a Highwayman. Scoring In this manner allows for a series of games to be played, the Player with the least score being the Winner.
The Chad Valley Co.. Ltd., Harborne, England.