BGG member since early 2010.
I’ve been a gamer all my life. When I was very young, I began playing videogames and console games, then I continued with card games (MTG) and now (since late 2009 when I played Dominion) I´M IN LOVE
with boardgames. I love boardgames so much that I try to play at least three times a week face to face and I play daily over the internet
.About my gaming preferences:
1. I will play anything twice.
2. I prefer heavy complex games with lots of hard decisions.
3. I love games with hidden depth and a high playtime as long as the downtime is short.
4. I love highly thematic games.
5. If the game is long and heavy, I strongly believe it should have limited, minimal or controlled luck. In general I dislike high luck games but there are exceptions.
6. My favorite number of players is 2 followed by 4. I (almost) never play solo games, if I want to play a solo game I play a videogame.
7. Although I prefer to play heavy games, I also love to play party games and/or light games with my non gamer friends. Those are so fun and they serve my goal to infect as many people as I can with the boardgame virus
8. My favorite game mechanism is Hidden Roles.
9. I hate to be a beta tester or to test raw designs, I always prefer to play the finished product.
10. I love expansions and more often than not I buy them for my games, however I always want to play the base game without the expansion for at least 10 times.Some of my Geeklists.Jgoyes´ Top 100 Games of All Time (2015 Edition)Jgoyes` Top Ten Games Metalist by Year.My Unplayed Games.Too many games. How to decide which game to play next.Comments and ratings.
I always log my plays and comment on them. My goal is to comment every game I have ever played. Also I never delete my comments, instead I make continuous updates as my gaming taste changes over time.
I rate every game I have played with few exceptions. If I have not rated a game is because I don’t feel I could give it a fair rating. For example I once played Forbidden Island and it was very late on the night so I fell asleep, thus I have not rated it yet.
I do follow the BGG rating guide and I rate only in 0.5 increments.If I added you as a geekbuddy:
1. I like to read your comments and ratings when I analyze a game.
2. You live in my city or otherwise I have access to your game collection
3. I want to subscribe to your posts.The gaming scene here in Bogotá, Colombia:
Where I live, there are few gamers who know and like boardgames so I try to play with as many people as I can. In fact (with a friend) I created a Facebook group to promote the hobby.https://www.facebook.com/groups/boardgamesbogota/
Our goal is to spread this wonderful hobby to as many people as we can. So if you are in Bogota I would love to play with you!! Send me a message so we can arrange time and place!!Recently played Games:My Top Ten: Games on my Radar for Future Play or Purchase: