Diplomacy has failed, tyranny is on the march, now is the Time of Wrath!
From the front lines in France and Russia to the deserts of North Africa and the airfields and convoys of Britain, the campaigns of World War II are yours to command in WW2: Time of Wrath! This turn-based grand strategy title, the highly improved and expanded sequel to WW2: Road to Victory, puts the player in charge of the political, economic and military decisions of one or more Axis or Allied nations, including minor nations. A diplomacy system based on political points allows you to sway possible allies to your side. An upgraded and expanded naval combat system includes fleet engagements, combat patrols, massive aircraft carriers, elusive raiders and U-Boats as well as a convoy system.
Concentrate precious industrial resources on building, training and upgrading a wide variety of combat units from airborne soldiers and armored divisions up to nuclear weapons! Historical leaders enhance the performance of your armies and hundreds of historical events like the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, Lend-Lease and more give you choices that can change the course of history. WW2: Time of Wrath is fought across turns that vary in length by season and 25 km hexes with divisions and corps, giving the player a broad strategic picture of the war while still leaving enough room for operational decisions.
Source: The Publisher Website.
Time of Wrath gives a fine piece of wargaming for every fan of ww2 era. This strategy allows players to take control over any country during World War 2 era in Europe and North Africa theater. It was designed in a way which allows players who are new to the genre to quickly familiarize with the rules and to start battles with veterans who still remember great classic strategy titles.
Easy rules, deep historical setting and detailed OOB, together with great moddability potential will allow for hundreds of hours of gameplay as any nation or even a whole alliance.
- Europe and North Africa 1939-1948.
- More than 20000 Land Hexes.
- Over 30 countries.
- Weekly Strategic Turns.
- Simplified economic system allowing to focus on military operations.
- Air and Land Combat, including Sieges, Interceptions, Strategic Bombardment, Air Recon, Fleet Air attacks, Bombardment.
- Naval system allowing to build Aircraft Carriers, Battle, Patrol and Submarine Groups. Managing fleets, convoys and raiders in Sea Zones.
- Possible to play as any nation and as any combination of countries.
- Diplomacy focused on three main alliances: Axis. Allies and Commitern. Diplomatic actions allow to haste or slow down war entry, perform elections or Coup.
- Weather system simulates, spring and autumns rainfalls and snow. Beware of General Frost!
- Logistics system controlling supply level of all units.
- Customizable Fog of War, that might be revealed by air recon.
- Hot-seat and PBEM.
- Standard Campaign from 1939 - 1948 as well as other starting campaigns to diverse starting possibilities.
- Hundreds of historical events such as Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, Vienna Dictate, Lend-Lease, and many more.
- Map zooms in and out smoothly.
- Technological race in research of new more powerful units and control power of Atomic bomb.
- Fully historical, detailed orders of battle in all scenarios with historical names for hundreds of land, air and naval units.
- Land units divided into Divisional and Corps size allows to choose tactic of steamroller or maneuvers warfare.
- Possibility to create modern or obsolete units.
- Improved A.I. to perform better in strategic and tactical level.
- Hotkeys allowing for quick access to most important functionalities.
- Mulberry harbors as a helpful and powerful tool in preparation to huge landing operations.
- Paratroopers will help to takeover distant key point locations.
- Music that aids immersion into the game atmosphere.
- Historical commanders boosting commanded units.
- Suez and Gibraltar as an important locations helping to control Mediterranean.
- Customized graphic for major countries units.
- Borders editor together with easy access to game data files allows to change and setup own scenarios.
Source: The Game Website.