Command your army and shape the course of history!
In the visually stunning world of the Fire Emblem Awakening game, you command and fight alongside an army of spirited heroes standing against an enemy with the power to destroy empires; a dark dragon whose agents include armies of the undead. Plan your attack, customize your forces, and guide your heroes as you forge alliances that strengthen your resolve in battle and shape the course of history. Lead a team of distinct characters with unique abilities, rich backstories, and evolving relationships that guide the path of your quest. Plan your attack carefully – the lives of your soldiers and the future of the world depends on it.
- IMMERSIVE STORY AND VISUALS:The deep and immersive fantasy storyline is told throughbeautiful 3D visuals and movies.
- DEEP CAST OF CHARACTERS: A massive selection of characters are at your command,withal with a unique personality and background story and different class types and skill sets.
- DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT: An extensive selection of downloadable content will be available for purchase and will offer opportunities to acquire new maps, new story elements, new playable characters, new classes, and rare items and weapons.
- CUSTOMIZATION: Create your own personalized character and fight alongside heroic characters on the battlefield.
- BONDS GROWN IN BATTLE: Team up characters to strengthen their friendships on the battlefield. The closer they grow, the better these friends and allies will fight together. Some characters can even get married!
- TEAM UP: Team up with your friend and fight against a group of enemies in the local multiplayer mode.
- The StreetPass™ featureallows you to exchange your team data. Recruit or battle against the other player’s team or purchase rare items they might carry.
- The SpotPass™ feature allows you to receive new maps, items and legacy characters to battle against in random battle and local multiplayermode.
To enjoy the 3D effect of Nintendo 3DS software, you must experience it from the system itself. All screenshots and videos on this website have been captured in 2D mode. Use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under.
Source: The Publisher Website.
Fire Emblem Awakening
Fire Emblem Awakening (Japanese: ファイアーエムブレム 覚醒 Hepburn: Faiā Emuburemu: Kakusei) is a tactical role-playing video game developed by Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 3DS. It is the thirteenth game in the Fire Emblem series, and the second Nintendo developed 3DS title to utilize paid downloadable content. The game was released on April 19, 2012 in Japan, February 4, 2013 in North America and April 19, 2013 in Europe, available both at retail and digitally through Nintendo's eShop.
See also: Gameplay of Fire Emblem
The game is a turn based tactical role playing game, where the player must move their characters within a grid. The game involves moving characters into positions in order to attack the opposing side, or defend against their attacks. Characters possess a certain number of health points; when attacked, they are subtracted, and the character is defeated on losing them all. Battles are typically won by attacking the opposing side until all enemy characters have lost all of their health points.
Many new features, or features rarely present in the series, have been added to the game. The "Avatar" system, originating from Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo: Hikari to Kage no Eiyū returns in greater detail, allowing the player to create and customize their own playable character.
In between battles, the player can explore the overworld map and converse with non-playable characters or buy items to be used in battles.
The game also features a class system, where different classes possess different skills, strengths, and weaknesses, with the player having the ability to change character's classes as seen in Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. Upon reaching a certain level, units can promote to a new class and the player can select between branching choices. There are over 40 classes available in the game. Characters can have up to five skills at one time, with surplus skills held in the character's skill bank. The game features a new option to perform a Dual Strike attack with a supporting character. Adjacent characters also have a chance of performing a Dual Guard, a defensive technique which cancels out an enemy's attack altogether.
Characters, while battling together, have the ability to develop emotional ties to one another. Some characters are even able to pair up and have children. The player-created avatar is able to pair up and marry any opposite gendered character, eventually having children which can be used in battle. More information about the characters can be found at List of Fire Emblem Awakening Characters.
The player has the choice of several difficulty levels, including "Normal", "Hard", and even harder modes "Lunatic" and "Lunatic+". Additionally, separate from the difficulty levels, there are "Classic" and "Casual" modes; "Classic" mode involves the permanent death feature the series is known for, where characters can never be revived after dying, while the "casual" mode allows characters to automatically revive post-battle.
Additionally, if two players interact with each other through StreetPass, their Avatar's party will appear both of their worlds. Players then can buy items from the party or recruit the leader either by paying or battling the team; battling increases the player's renown which is also shown to other players via StreetPass. A local multiplayer mode known as "Dual Tag" allows players to pair up to fight enemies to earn renown and items.
Source: Wikipedia, "Fire Emblem: Kakusei", available under the CC-BY-SA License.