The Precision Simulator 1.x series, also known as "PS1", is being developed in cooperation with 747-400 experts from all over the world. The latest version, 1.3, surpasses, by far, all previous updates. PS1's user base ranges from leading airlines, NASA research centers, universities, to pilots of all categories who use PS1 during their transition training to "glass" or, regularly, at home, as a refresher. Also, students who want to be prepared for airline interviews and sim checks, instructors who "test-fly" new scenarios on the PC before going into the full-flight sims, maintenance specialists, Human Factors labs, avionics designers, flight dispatchers, air traffic controllers and many other aviation professionals rank among PS1's user base since its introduction in 1997.
The PS1 concept resembles that of a full-flight simulator rather than that of a conventional "one-topic-at-a-time" CBT station. Whether you're practising IFR procedures using the FMC and EFIS tools, or playing "what if" with the hydraulics, electrics, pneumatics, etc., all system simulations are permanently interacting with each other and may develop into enormously complex situations.
- Complete Autopilot / Flight Director mode logic and accurate Thrust Management System.
- Simulation of the entire 744 FMC: HOLD, VNAV, FORECAST, OFFPATH DES, FIX INFO, All INIT/REF pages, LEGS, RTE DATA, WINDS, ROUTE 1 & 2, DEP/ARR, PROGRESS, etc. All pages are fully functioning.
- IFR Training on “glass”. All EFIS symbols are being generated, e. g. Trend Vector, Energy Management Circles, Offset Route, Fix Info etc., incl. Failure Flags.
- Highly accurate aerodynamics simulation. Exact 744 pitch/power/path and fuel flow ratios etc.
- Precise and highly detailed Systems Simulations: Electrical, Hydraulics, Fire & Ice Protection, Gear & Flight Controls incl. alternate controls, Doors, EEC, IRS incl. alignment simulation and drift errors, Fuel System Management, Pneumatics, etc.
- Random or user defined malfunction scenarios.
- Fully functioning EICAS message logic with hundreds of alert, memo & status messages.
- Secondary EICAS: All Synoptics & Displays.
- Video recorder/player: Training videos may be created! Text bars and sounds can be added.
- TCAS (Traffic Alert & Collision Avoidance System) with authentic Resolution & Traffic Advisories. External traffic can be simulated to demonstrate the various aural and visual TCAS alerts and system logic.
- GPWS (Ground Proximity Warning System).
- The simulator can be switched to specific airline configurations. This affects engine types (GE, RR, P&W), fuel system, hydraulics and other aircraft systems, also EFIS/EICAS symbols (Cross-Bar or V-Bar Flight Director, TDZ etc.), GPWS sounds, as well as copilot call-outs.
- Weather generator: Fog, CBs, rain, windshears/microbursts, volcanic ash, ice and more.
- Flying area is the entire world (ca. 1500 runways).
- Navaid & airway world database by Swissair.
- Semi-random ATC model: Pushback, vectors, step climb & descent clearances, holdings etc. Different accents, recorded by real controllers.
- User programable ATC vectors scenarios.
- Copilot Simulations: Specific checklists & calls, recorded by 744 pilots of different airlines.
- Analysis functions: Take-off & approach profiles, and zoom-able track plotting across the world.
- Data output for external add-on programs.
- Comprehensive Operations Manual (English, 350 pages, robust glossy paper in sturdy wire binding).
Source: The Publisher Website.