Super Programs 2 (for 1K machines) was a compilation released for the ZX81. The programs were an eclectic mix of simple games and utilities:
1. Rings Around Saturn - Escape from Saturn, avoiding its rings and before you run out of fuel.
The game displays a flying saucer and two sets of "O"s, depicting an edge-on view of Saturn's rings. There are gaps in the rings and the aim of the game is to move your saucer through a large enough gap in the rings within a tight time limit.
2. Secret Code - How quickly can you work out the code which the computer has selected?
This is a simple computer version of Mastermind. The computer selects a 4 digit code, using numbers from 1-6. The player guesses the code and the computer responds with an X if a digit has been guessed correctly and is in the correct location, an O if a digit is correct, but in the wrong location, or blank if a guessed digit is completely incorrect. The user has 10 guesses to deduce the correct code.
3. Mindboggling - A solo or party game to create words from computer selected letters.
This is a computer implementation of Boggle, in which the player tries to create words from a 4x4 grid of randomly selected letters. Yet the user does not enter words into the computer - there is no computer checking of the answers. Indeed the instructions state that the user should select how long they want to play, and which rules to use. The computer just displays a grid of letters and a timer.
4. Silhouette - Generate your own computer assisted silhouette
The computer generates a random start point. By using the arrow keys (keys 5-8 on the ZX81) and keys 1-4 for diagonals, the user can draw a line on screen to create a doodle. This is exactly the same as "Doodle" on Super Programs 1, except that the background is black and the line is drawn in white.
5. Memory Test - Can you remember the extraordinary words produced by the ZX81?
The computer displays a "word" made up of random characters. After a short time, the "word" disappears and the user must enter it as they remember it. This is repeated 10 times.
6. Metric Conversion - Easy conversion between yards/feet/inches and metres/centimetres
A simple conversion utility.