SENTINEL Descendants in Time is a puzzle-oriented, first-person, 3D adventure game based on the work of award-winning science fiction writer Terry Dowling. It rewards the player for logical, careful thought rather than quick reflexes. No action elements. No timed puzzles. No tricky jump sequences. Just slow, steady exploration of the beautiful worlds of Tastan civilization.
Integrated into its fantastic and beautiful worlds are puzzles to solve and traps to avoid in order to unlock the mysteries the dangerous Tomb 85 and learn the secrets of the Dormeuse, the Sleeping Woman.
• Written by award-winning Australian science-fiction writer Terry Dowling based on his short story "The Ichneumon and the Dormeuse".
• Design and development by developers of the best-selling adventure games: Mysterious Journey and Mysterious Journey II
• Over 20 puzzles of varying difficulty
• 8 brilliant, diverse worlds
• Built-in hint system
• Non-linear game play
• Beautifully created, colorful and rich 3D environments - from snow-capped mountains to a land of hot active volcanoes
• Simple, easy to learn interface
• Intuitive, mouse-based controls (with additional keyboard control for advanced players)
• Built with Touchdown Entertainment's Jupiter 3D engine
Source: The Developer Website.
NOTE: This game was re-released under the name of: Realms of Illusion. Nothing about the game was changed except for the title.