Quick overview of features in Space Hulk: Ascension Edition:
- Huge Amounts of Content - 103 unique missions spread out across 3 campaign chapters
- New Enemies - new Genestealer variations for you to face in the depths of the Space Hulk.
- New Mechanics - a complete reworking of the board game rules and mechanics. It’s still the Space Hulk game you love, reimagined for a new experience.
- Customisation - RPG-style skill progression and player squad management allow you to create your own tailor-made team of hardened veterans
- New weapons, more complex maps, combi-weapons and flash missions.
- 10 times the amount of content of the original game, with a playtime of 50 - 100 hours.
Notable features and elements for Space Hulk Ascension:
- New Ultramarines Chapter
An all new Space Marine chapter, including a Terminator armed with Cyclone missile launcher.
- Terminator Progression and Customisation
Earn XP during missions and level up attributes and skills, and give your Terminators a personal touch by customising their names, weapon loadout and appearance.
- Campaigns and Missions
100+ missions spread out over 3 complete campaigns, and all new flash missions. These are opportunistic mini-missions encountered as you explore the deep unknowns of the Space Hulk that can yield a tactical advantage or be a deadly trap.
- Exploration and Discovery
Terminators reveal the layout of the Space Hulk as they venture deep into the darkness.
- Additional Weapons, Tactical Options and Game Rules
Game mechanics have been reworked to make Space Hulk Ascension a true video game experience. .
- Genestealer Variations
Genestealers with Fleshhook, Feeder Tendril and Acid Maw biomorphs have been added to the game, each with their own special game mechanics.
Source: The Game Website.
The base game includes three campaigns: Hammer and Anvil (Ultramarines), Fall of Jotunheim (Space Wolves), and The Sin of Damnation (Blood Angels).