Square Heroes is a hilarious comic arena shooter featuring Online, LAN, Co-op and local multi-player; a single-player Tournament; and an arsenal of weapons to blast your friends out of the sky!
After completing the prequel, Square Off, the Gnomic team noticed that the most common feedback was along the lines of "Hey this game is great! With online multiplayer it could be AWESOME". After stewing on this, they realised that despite the technical challenges, this was feedback worth following up on. Development started in earnest at the beginning of 2013 when the team expanded to take on the multi-player vision. During 2014, the team sought and was granted funding by Screen Australia through the now defunct Games Production fund. Square Heroes will be released on PC, Mac and Linux in October 2014 with console platforms to follow.
- Online and local multi-player, at the same time. AKA couch vs couch gaming.
- Cross platform multi-player.
- Unique arms-race gameplay mechanic where chosen weapons are earned during each round by collecting loot.
- Unlockable weapons and hats with stat-buffing perks.
- Various game modes including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Gnome Hunt, Team Gnome Hunt and Survival.
- Numerous challenging Achievements.
- Seven stylish 2.5D arenas of doom.
- Originally scored music and professionally crafted sound effects.
Source: The Developer Website.