From the back of the box:
Swashbucklers: Blue & Grey is a third person action game chronicling the adventures of a young and desperate daredevil Captain Abraham 'Nightingale' Grey. As Captain Nightingale, players lead his 'Warble' cutter through bloody waters of the Caribbean in search of famous Francis Drake's treasures. Gamers can sail the seas of the Caribbean fending off naval attacks from the pirate scourge and English warships embroiled in the War of 1812. Players also can disembark the ship and dual, fight and shoot enemies one on one to capture apposing ships, towns and beach villages or use stealth to escape imprisonment, sabotage enemy fleets or gain valuable information on the elusive Francis Drake's treasures.
The game's narrative uses black humor and irony that follows the feel of the Caribbean in the 19th century when shipbuilding hadn't quite reached its pinnacle but the spirit of the age and the wonder of recent innovations in sailing technology inspired nautical heroes.
- Thrilling atmosphere of political intrigues and treasure hunting in times of last greatest Caribbean piracy renascence
- Blends exhilarating high seas battles with fast-paced third person swordfights and skirmishes
- Character based linear storyline and game structure
- Diverse game play, from sneaking missions to pirate raids and massive naval battles
- Diverse, realistic ship upgrades, including increasing the number of cannons, larger caliber cannons, powder rockets and other 'high end' weapons of early 19th century
- Realistic 'Victorian naval paintings' style of graphics
- Variety of cold-steel bladed weapons and black-powder firearms