NATO and Warsaw Pact forces had been staring at each other across the Iron Curtain for 40 years as the Cold War became increasingly hot. During the mid '80s, the Cold War reached a boiling point as the ideologies of communism and capitalism were in their most confrontational posture. One spark on the world scene would be all that it would take to ignite these powerful military forces and send them crashing into each other. In the south, the danger lay in the Fulda Gap. In the north, it was the tank country of the North German Plain.
NGP '85 Features
- A scale of one mile hexes and three hour turns, with company and battalion-sized units.
- Players control infantry, armor, helicopter, airborne, artillery, special forces, and other specialized units.
- Special rules for Chemical Warfare, Artillery-Delivered Mines,
Electronic Warfare (including jamming and intelligence), and Thermal Imaging Sights.
- Map is over 300 by 190 hexes including most of Northern Germany.
- 35 scenarios are included, ranging from a small starter scenario to up to a full 161 turn campaign scenario involving British, West German, Canadian, French, American, Dutch, Belgian, Russian, East German, and Polish forces.
- Includes the main program, scenario editor, and order-of-battle editor.
Source: The Publisher Website.