From the back of the box
Assume the role of a U.S. Navy or Marine Corps F/A-18 fighter pilot and fly joint operations for the West with your Air Force F-16 brethren. Hornet: Naval Strike Fighter is the only fighter simulation that lets you create cooperative missions with F-16 Falcons in seven Falcon 3.0 theaters of war: Panama, Israel, Kuwait, Korea, Japan, India and Bosnia. It's you and your squadron against the Soviet MiG-29 squadron and its complement of supporting aircraft and ground forces. Whatever you and your wingmen decide, this fight will be the ultimate test of your dexterity, agility and teamwork.
The completely authentic F/A-18 cockpit design features a large Head-Up Display and three multi-function displays including easy-to-read engine monitors, Hughes AN/APG-65 multimode radar, Maverick missile targeting display, and combined Horizontal Situation Indicator/Color Map. Test yourself with challenging carrier landings, complete with standard naval 3/4-mile approach, "meatball" electro-optical landing guidance system, and hook-and-wire arrests with four wires (can you catch the #3 wire for a perfect landing?). Once you take off, there's no turning back. Your wingmen are counting on you.
- F/A-18's fast acceleration and tight turns allow "turn and burn" team tactics against enemy MiGs
- Challenging carrier landings with digitized radio calls from the LSO for lineup and graded landing
- Team play on a network with teams of Marine Corps F/A-18s and Air Force F-16 aircraft vs. the deadly MiG-29s
- New theater of war: Bosnia
- Compatible with Operation: Fighting Tiger and MiG-29: Deadly Adversary of Falcon 3.0