This is a commercial Play By Email game some what like the game Civilization with a fantasy setting . It is a multiplayer game played in an ever-expanding world, the objectives is for the players to determine, it is open-ended.
Fate of a Nation is a new open-ended PBeM game set in a fantasy world. The game starts at the beginning of civilisation where the player assumes the role of a strong leader who have risen to power in the capital city. It is the task of the player to decide how the nation develops.
Fate of a Nation features a massive and 'realistic' technology tree, magic, unique racial and nation units and the option to create a trade company to dominate not only with force of arms but with trade as well.
Will you build an empire that will rival the Roman? Will your trade company become as wealthy as the Honourable East India Company? Or will the ruins of your civilisation be forgotten...
- Nations are played in two levels, the Surface and the Netherworld
- Seven unique races with different bonuses and penalties
- Lots of character types with different skills and abilities, incl. the leader of your nation
- A massive and 'realistic' tech tree:
- - More than 250 technologies, ranging from farming to military skills
- - Gain access to new buildings, units, ships and magical skills as you develop new technologies
- - More than 300 basic unit types
- - The possibility for all nations to design their own unique units
- A magic system allowing you to enhance your nation and wreak havoc on your enemies
- Build large alliances or become a conqueror with vassal states
- Trade companies:
- - Discover trade and create your own trade company!
- - Large variety in trade goods.
- - Build trade stations in other nations' towns and cities and dominate their trade, if you can...
- An advanced order editor:
- - An order editor that evolves as your nation evolves
- - An integrated map with detailed information on the known world
- - A personal library with all the information your nation has gathered
- The possibility to convert your results to a html-file
- Neutral threats and towns with their own AI allowing you to test combat before you meet other nations
- An integrated rumour system allowing you to hear bits and pieces of the world around you
- ... and free to play city states!