So, here we are, in February. We promised you guys that we would re-open the art contest, and we are keeping that promise! We will be changing the theme... but don't worry, we think this one is easier and more fun!
The prize is still the same:
Your choice of any ONE of the following on ONE of the platforms that it is available on.
These were last years' VGG Golden Geek Award Finalists!
Game of the Year
Mass Effect 2
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect 2
Red Dead Redemption
Best Indie Game
Best Mobile/Handheld Game
Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer
Roll Through the Ages
Most Innovative Game
The theme is "Video Game Motivational" (i.e. http://bit.ly/zNpzab)
Now, before you get too carried away, we have a few rules that, by entering this contest, you accept and agree to be bound by:
1.For the "Video Game Motivational," only a "Final Submission" post is required. It can be a scan, picture, etc. We just need to be able to recognize that it's your piece. This rule is in place for a variety of reasons, so don't question it!
2. The contest starts on February 2nd at 12:01am CST and runs through February 29th at 11:59pm CST. Please submit your final piece by then, no exceptions! In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by VideoGameGeek are final and binding. Contest rules are subject to modification by VideoGameGeek.
3. Submissions must be uploaded to this thread under the entrants username and clearly defined as the "Final Submission."
4. The prize is as stated above, and it cannot be exchanged or cashed in for any thing else (such as money, other games, etc).
5. If you live in a state, country or region that prohibits contests of this type, then this offer is void and you may not participate. Employees and immediate family members of employees of BoardGameGeek, LLC are not eligible to participate in this contest.
6. Entrants may submit more than one entry under the same username; each labled "Final Submission."
7. Winners will be notified through GeekMail within 5 days of the completion of the contest (defined by the closing of the voting poll). Winners will be solely responsible for any local, state, and Federal taxes.
8. Entrants may use any medium (digital paint, photo, pencil, 3D, collage etc.) but entrants must not include any material in their submission that infringes upon the copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights of any other party. Entrants must have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, or permissions to submit for online distribution all of the material in their submission.
9. By entering this contest, each entrant forever discharges and releases BoardGameGeek, LLC and its directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with this contest.
10. Winners are selected by popular vote of the registered users of the VideoGameGeek website. A poll will be set up for the submitted pieces after the completion of the contest. Details for the poll will be disclosed later.
11. Most importantly, artistic ability is not required! Just because it's a beautiful piece of art does not mean it will win. It can be silly, serious, or anything in between. Please don't be intimidated and just have fun with it!
Good luck (once more) and I look forward to all of your work! Feel free to ask questions, I will get to them as soon as I can!
This is the news feed for videogamegeek.com
- [+] Dice rolls