Euroquest 2012 Math Trade (Pikesville Maryland)
- Eric Sokolowsky(esok)United States
Current Status: Open for want list submission
Discuss this math trade or ask questions here
This is a no-shipping math trade during Euroquest 2012, held November 1-4 at the Hilton in Pikesville, Maryland. For more information on the event, please follow this link: http://euroquest.gamesclubofmd.org
Timeline (all times Eastern Time):
Open for posting games: Now open
Closed for posting games/Open for want list submissions: Monday, October 22, 9:00 pm
Closed for want list submissions: Monday, October 29, 9:00 pm
Results will be posted about an hour after.
The actual trade will take place at Euroquest, at 5:00 pm on Saturday November 3. If you cannot make this time, then please make arrangements with the people you are trading with to meet at another time. Note that in most cases the transfer of games takes just a few minutes. If you or your proxy are not present and you do not make other arrangements, you will be responsible for all shipping costs to send and receive the games you traded.
1. The Online Want List Generator (OLWLG) will be used for this trade since it reduces errors and makes generating want lists so much easier. However I will also accept manual submissions by geekmail if you cannot use the OLWLG. One of the benefits of using the OLWLG is that it makes adding games from your BGG "Trade List" very easy. I am available to answer questions and there are guides on how to use it here on the geek. Please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support.
2. Board games, Video Games, RPG items, Geekgold, and game-related gift certificates are all allowed. Other geeky stuff like DVD sets are not allowed for this trade. Use the game item Outside the Scope of BGG for gift certificates and geekgold, and include an alternate title such as "+altname+250 geek gold-altname-" in the description. These make it easier to handle in the OLWLG.
3. Please describe your items as fully as possible, including publisher, edition, language, completeness and condition of the game. It is NOT enough to include a picture and say "as pictured," because this does not provide enough information for your fellow traders. Err on the side of too much information. Remember that you want people to pick your items, and the more information they have the more likely they will put your items on their want lists. But don't write a book for each game. Long disclaimers are not pleasant to read either.
4. All items in an offering are to be listed using either the GAMEID formatting (Power Grid) or a link to the game's page (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/2651). Do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG.
5. If you've been reported as a bad trader, you cannot participate. If you discover bad traders posting games, please let me know. If you had previously been reported as a bad trader but have made amends, then I will give you a second chance and you may participate.
6. Please do not delete items or sweeteners once you have listed them. You can always submit a blank want list for an entry if you've traded it away before the deadline.
7. Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. Use of the OLWLG will hopefully reduce any such errors. In the case of problems after the results are posted, they will at most invalidate only the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire result set. In addition if a problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that will be the preferred course of action.
8. Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. SEED=74951, ITERATIONS=30, METRIC=USERS-TRADING
9. When generating want lists you may not request gift certificates in exchange for other gift certificates, or geekgold for geekgold (this is called arbitrage). You may request gift certificates for geek gold and vice versa.
10. If you are not able to meet at the designated trade time, please list the days you are planning on attending. This will help others plan their want lists.
If you are new to math trades, check out the following links for a primer on how they work. Feel free to ask specific questions after you have a sense of what they are about. To get started, just add the games that you want to trade as items in this geeklist, one game per item. If you want to offer multiple games as one item (trading it as a bundle) you should add all of the game links to the same geeklist item.
These two cover the same material, but in different learning styles:
The Math Trade wiki page
Math Trades for Dummies
If you need to learn about the online want list generator (OLWLG):
The OLWLG wiki page
Chris' geeklist on How to use Duplicate Protection with the OLWLG
EuroQuest is an official event of the Boardgame Players Association ("BPA") managed by the Games Club of Maryland ("GCOM").
Deadline-Offers: Monday, October 22, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Monday, October 29, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
- [+] Dice rolls