Play-By-Geeklist: ACTION CASTLE!
All BGG/RPG/VGG Geek users are welcome to play with the exception of people who have played or read Action Castle! before. Those people are free to read, of course.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with Parsely, it is basically a light co-op/RPG/party game tribute to the old Infocom-style computer text adventures. As the GM, I take the role of the computer and describe things to you. You state what you want to do, in simple language. E.g. "GO NORTH" or "EXAMINE SWORD." Some more complex structures are possible, e.g. "UNLOCK DOOR WITH KEY," "ASK GUARD ABOUT TROLL," or "GIVE FLOWER TO ELF." But nothing beyond that.
All players are collectively controlling the main character.
Here's the rules:
1. I'll post the opening scene of the game as the first item.
2. To play, give the first comment on item #1 a thumbs-up.
3. Any player can nominate a move by entering it as a comment on that item. To make it clear as to which things are moves versus kibbitzing, please enter moves as "> GO NORTH" (with the greater-than and all-caps for that old-school flavor).
4. Once the geeklist gets to the second page, you may nominate multiple actions in one comment. E.g.:Quote:> GET POCKETWATCHThe number of actions allowed in a single comment is equal to the current page of the geeklist, e.g. on page four you may put four actions in a single comment.
> EXAMINE POCKETWATCH
5. Vote for the move you think is best by giving that comment a thumbs-up. You are allowed to vote for your own move, if you like. You can also vote for multiple moves if you think they are equally good.
6. Players will have at least 12 hours to nominate and vote on moves. After at least 12 hours have passed, I'll select the move with the most votes. In the event of a tie, whichever move was nominated last will win.
7. I will post the move and its results in the next item, and the process will continue until the game ends.
8. I reserve the right to end nominating and voting early if one nomination has a simple majority of voters (as determined by thumbs-received versus total players).
9. If you have questions or comments about the game as a whole, please enter them as a comment on the geeklist. For individual moves, please enter them as an item comment.
10. You are free to join any time, or drop out any time.
11. Have fun! If you enjoy the game, I encourage you to support the creator of Parsely by purchasing the game at his online store.
- [+] Dice rolls