Monthly Video Game Geek Review Contest- August 2013 - Swords
This is the geeklist for the August 2013 Video Game Geek Review Contest!Recommend
CLOSED FOR ENTRIES
CLOSED FOR VOTING
WINNERS ANNOUNCED BELOW
Full contest rules (and subscription thread) are here. But the gist of it is:
1) Write a review that fits the current category,
2) Post it to this geeklist by the 25th August 2013,
3) Vote in the poll, and then
4) all entrants: 2 in addition to geekgold earned via geekmod!
1st place: 40 and an exclusive microbadge:
2nd place: 20
3rd place: 10
This month's category is Swords. Please review a game that features swords in someway.
Submissions are due by 25/08/2013 10:00 PM GMT, at which point a week-long voting period will begin. Good luck!
1. 500 words minimum
2. Ideally contains images (preferably use images from the game’s entry, then from your personal gallery, and external images with appropriate attribution as a last resort)
3. Review must be posted to Video Game Geek during the duration of the contest. Take into account the amount time it might take to get through geekmod. Reviews already on the site will not be accepted!
4. The review can't have been published anywhere (Geek or elsewhere) else before it is submitted to the contest.
5. Must fit within the contest’s category, broadly considered.
6. Winners must wait one contest period (i.e. one month) from their time of winning before submitting another entry.
Please link to your review using the [ thread=][ /thread] geeklink.
The contest of blades is over and the mightiest sword wielder has been decided. Please rattle your scabbards for
First Place with 40 points -Andrew HodkinsonCanada
Second Place with 32 points - N/A
Third Place with 30 points -☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆(frumpish)United States
MinnesotaLooking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. WellsHumankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
Thank you to everyone who entered.
There is also a discussion thread which can be found here
- [+] Dice rolls