Bad Company: Organization Books for Super RPGs
- Lowell Francis(edige23)United States
Indianaexplanation does not equal excuse
In honor of the role SHIELD has increasingly taken in the world of comic fandom, I thought I'd put together a list of organizations- good and bad- with rpg sourcebooks. Viper and UNTIL were the archetypes of these for years, super spies and secret terrorist conspiracies of the Champions Universe. But we've seen more of these and whole books devoted to playing campaigns with just these apparently second-tier characters. I hope you'll find these useful and perhaps be as surprised as I at the relative lack of sourcebooks for these groups from licensed universes like Marvel and DC. For each entry I'd listed the system and the cover blurb defining the organization covered.
SOME GROUND RULES
1. The books should be devoted to big organizations and focus on them. I've left off modules and adventures which happen to include new groups. City and setting sourcebooks are likewise left off. (For more on Supers citybooks see Iniquitous Cities: City Sourcebooks for Historical and Modern Settings and/or Superhero Cities).
2. Organizations usually include agents and operatives-- the support staff perhaps to super-powered leaders. usually they have a particular agenda.
3. The organizations should be the primary focus on the supplement. Collections of super-characters can be found on this list, Supervillains Amok: Superhero RPG 'Monster Manuals'.
4. In some cases I've put an entry for a series instead of each one, usually if it has more than two books. That's especially true for individually released pdf series.
I'm sure I've missed some. If so, feel free to add them and note the system and group.
- [+] Dice rolls