ConnCon 2014 No Ship Mathmagic Super Awesome Mega Trade
ConnCon 2014 MATH TRADERecommend
This year we're trying something a little different: tighter deadlines. Years past the list has gone up early and just sat around with everyone forgetting about it and losing momentum. Now you see the list, and you better get your act together! As this seems to be the 5th year I've personally been in charge of the Math Trade, impress me with making this the most successful ever! Remember, trade hard, no shipping means you've got nothing to lose!
ConnCon is a yearly gaming convention held in Stamford CT. This year it runs from March 14th to March 16th. For more information about ConnCon, go to http://www.conncon.com/ This is a no ship math trade which means that you (or someone you have designated) must at the very least be able to get to the con. (You don't need to actually buy a badge and attend the con, but you need to be able to hand off and collect games in person at the hotel or possibly meet me in New Haven CT a few days before)
This Math Trade is open to all types of games, game accessories, RPGs, Video Games and whatever other nerdy stuff you feel like trading (comics, action figures, DVD sets etc.). If you wanna trade a car for a copy of Dune, who am I to stop you! (That said, seriously, don't list a bunch of nonsense.)
This list is where you post your offerings for trade. If you are new to Math Trades in general, please check Math_Trades for further information on how this works. Please also feel free to GeekMail me (Matt Loter) if you need assistance getting started. We would love to have as many people take part as possible, so don't be shy about asking for help or clarification!
Questions and Comments
For the benefit of your fellow traders, please direct all general questions and comments to the forum thread reserved for this math trade. Please do not use the comments for this geeklist. Although, you can comment for individual offerings if you have questions about them.
The discussion thread is: 2014 Math Trade Discussion
Deadline to add games: 03-05-2014 11:59p ET
Summary posted: No later than 03-06-2014 03:00p ET
Want lists due: 03-10-2014 11:59a ET
Results posted: No later than 03-11-2014 11:59p ET
Method of Finding Trades
We will be using TradeMaximizer 1.4 with Linear Priorities and Dummy Protection.
For more information you can read the TradeMaximizer wiki page or ask me directly.
OLWLG is required. If for some reason you aren't able to post on BGG, let me know and we'll figure something out. The wiki for the OLWLG is here: OLWLG and again, don't be shy about asking for help making it work for you. It really makes everything easier for everyone involved to use it.
Direct link to our trade at the OLWLG:
Rules and Restrictions
* You must accurately describe your game's condition, language, edition, etc. You should specifically state if any portion of your game is not in English.
* You should choose a photo that best represents the game you are trading (language, edition, and the like). If there are none suitable in the database, pick the one that's closest and make a note in your item listing.
* Duplicate games are allowed, even from the same user. If you are listing multiple copies of the same game, please make a comment to that effect so that we know you didn't accidentally add the game twice (or more!)
* Game sweeteners/Sets of games must be listed using either the GAMEID formatting (for example: gameid=1 inside square brackets yields Die Macher) or you may alternately use a link to the game's page (like http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/1). Including images is also helpful.
* Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953) or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985) and must include the " +altname+ brief description -altname- "format in the description of your item. (more info on this is in the OLWLG wiki)
* This is a local trade, with no shipping.
* Only errors by the moderator (me) will invalidate the results. You are responsible for checking the full set of want lists when they are posted to ensure that yours are properly registered. This must be completed by the deadline for Want Lists Confirmed.
* You can continue to add items to the list up until the close of submissions (Mar. 5th just before midnight).
* Please do not delete items from the geeklist. If you do this, I will find you and kill you at ConnCon. If you no longer wish to trade an item, edit the item to say so and submit a blank want list.
* I am usually REALLY easy to find at the convention, and making this math trade go smoothly is one of my main priorities of the convention, so don't hesitate to talk to me, ask to drop stuff off early, feed me shots, or anything else you might want to see my Pretty Pretty self for.
* I am the ultimate arbiter of any disputes unless you wish to fight to death in which case you care a whole lot more than I do and I'll leave you to it.
* You should plan to deliver your traded games some time on Friday and pick up your games on Saturday. If you are only attending Saturday, plan to deliver early that morning. If you are only attending Sunday, geekmail me. More details about specific times and meeting locations will be posted with the results. This is to minimize any confusion about who's meeting who where and for what etc. and make the trades go smoothly.
* I reserve the right to remove games from the list for whatever reason. If you are on the bad traders list, your games will most likely be removed.
* Use the related forum thread for questions and discussions of this math trade (however, for questions on individual items, please leave comments on the item itself, here on the list).
Put up great stuff, the worst that happens is you don't end up trading it away. The better stuff you put up, the better stuff other people will put up. Also, trade aggressively, no shipping means this is the time to really clear out your shelves of anything you don't play and get some fresh stuff in there for free!
Deadline-Offers: Wednesday, March 5th, 2014, 11:59 PM EST
Deadline-Wants: Monday, March 10th, 2014, 11:59 PM EST
- [+] Dice rolls