Monthly Video Game Geek Review Contest - October 2014 - GLOBETROTTING
This is the geeklist for the October 2014 Video Game Geek Review Contest!Recommend
CLOSED FOR ENTRIES
CLOSEED FOR VOTING
WINNERS ANNOUNCED BELOW
Full contest rules (and subscription thread) are here. But the gist of it is:
1) Write a review that fits the current category,
2) Post it to this geeklist by the 27th October 2014,
3) Vote in the poll, and then
4) all entrants: 2 in addition to geekgold earned via geekmod!
1st place: 40 and an exclusive microbadge:
2nd place: 20
3rd place: 10
This month's category is Globetrotting. Please review a video game that takes place in more than one country, be they real world, off world or fantasy.
Submissions are due by 27/10/2014 10:00 PM GMT, at which point a week-long voting period will begin.
1. 500 words minimum
2. Ideally contains images (preferably use images from the game’s entry, then from your personal gallery, and external images with appropriate attribution as a last resort)
3. Review must be posted to Video Game Geek during the duration of the contest. Take into account the amount time it might take to get through geekmod. Reviews already on the site will not be accepted!
4. The review can't have been published anywhere (Geek or elsewhere) else before it is submitted to the contest.
5. Must fit within the contest’s category, broadly considered.
6. Winners must wait one contest period (i.e. one month) from their time of winning before submitting another entry.
Please link to your review using the [ thread=][ /thread] geeklink.
Bit of a crazy results month this time round:
In 1st place with 22 points isJanBelgium
De Haan...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
and in an unprecedented triple joint second place with 19 points each areDerek GreenUnited States
OhioFull-Motion Video (FMV) games are poised to make a comeback. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.Caroline BergUnited States
Washington...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
There is also a discussion thread which can be found here
- [+] Dice rolls