An Extra Day to Trade in 2016 - US Only Shipping Math Trade
- Submissions close: Sunday, February 21, 2016, 8:00 PM EDT
- Wants due: Monday, February 29, 2016, 8:00 PM EDT
- Results posted: As soon as I can after close
Discussion thread: An Extra Day to Trade in 2016 - US Only Shipping Math Trade (DISCUSSION)
Requests Geeklist: An Extra Day to Trade in 2016 - US Only Shipping Math Trade (REQUESTS)
PLEASE READ RULES CAREFULLY. IGNORANCE OF THE RULES IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR NOT FOLLOWING THEM. RULES VARY BY MODERATOR AND CHANGE FROM TRADE TO TRADE TO PLEASE ALWAYS READ THE RULES. THANKS.
1. All shipping costs are covered by the person listing the item. You must have a U.S. address to receive games. There will be no international shipping of items. You may, at your discretion, impose some restriction or cost limitation on items with regards to Alaska and Hawaii, per the terms and conditions of the OLWLG. IE, you may exclude AK/HI, or offer to cover the first $X to ship there. You may not make any other exclusions or restrictions with regards to shipping for this trade. Also bear in mind that it is still encouraged to ship everywhere for free. You may, additionally, discuss/negotiate with your recipient issues such as including extra items (for example, if you are listing "Smash Up" plus expansions and all fit in the base box, you may offer to additionally ship the empty expansion fees for the difference in postage.)
2. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/ is required for this event.
3. Do NOT delete any entries or sweeteners after they have been listed. You can always submit a blank want list for an entry if you've traded it away before the deadline or decided to keep that item.
4. Board and card games, BGG-related items, RPG items, video games, DVDs/BluRays, books, gift certificates, and Geek Gold are allowed in this math trade. However, each user is limited to two (2) total LISTINGS of just Gift Certificates. This limit is placed upon item listings, not total number of Gift Certificates -- in other words, you may use the %Copies% option to offer multiple gift certificates of the same value in excess of this limit. If there are any questions about this, please feel free to inquire in the Discussion Thread or Geekmail me. This limitation does not apply to Geek Gold in any way.
If you intend to "want" a gift card, paypal, or any form of currency in exchange for your item, please be aware that per the terms of BGG that is considered a sale and must be operated through the Marketplace such that BGG gets its 3%. If you are concerned about how to do so, please refer to Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them) for further details. Note: This only impacts you if YOU are the recipient of the cash equivalent.
5. You must describe, as accurately as possible, the condition of both the components and box, language and edition of your item and any sweeteners. You must also inventory the game's components and list anything missing and/or damaged. If you do not, the game is expected to be complete, in like-new condition and be the most recent English edition. You are also responsible for packaging and sending your game correctly -- any damage incurred in the course of shipping must be addressed and resolved by the sender. In other words, if you do not adequately package your game, and it arrives damaged, the onus is upon YOU to correct the matter to the satisfaction of the recipient, which may include up to replacing the damaged item with a new one that is not damaged. Please see the link below for some helpful tips about shipping.
6. Sweeteners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown or you can manually insert the GAMEID using BGG formatting. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly. Do NOT list any item, using a Geek Link if that item is itself not included in the offering. The OLWLG will pick this up as an item that is being included. Similarly, if you are listing something which is a component, promo, or accessory of a game, list it either with its own BGG entry or using “Outside the Scope of BGG”. DO NOT LIST IT AS THE ITEM, IF YOU DO SO THE WANTLIST FOR THAT ITEM WILL BE BLANKED TO AVOID CONFUSION.
7. You are required to periodically check your entries for comments and respond to them appropriately. The OLWLG will let you know if any of your items have unanswered comments. If you need to add a comment which can in any way be construed as "lessening" the value or desireability of the game, you should instead edit the entry to blank it out and re-enter it. This also goes for edits of the main item. Any downgrades of an item after it has been posted will not be tolerated and may result in that item's want list being blanked by the moderator, at the moderator's discretion.
8. Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. In the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, the trade will be re-run with the issue addressed.
9. Decisions to anything that comes up regarding this math trade are decided by me. If you do not agree to me making such decisions, then don't participate in the math trade.
10. If you have demonstrated the propensity to be a bad trader in another math trade previously run by me, I reserve the right to ask you to not participate, and if you do participate, I reserve the right to blank out your want lists. I highly doubt this will impact anyone, but as there have been a few "bad traders", they will not be permitted to be involved with this one.
11. No geekgold or gift certificate arbitrage. You may not put geekgold on the want list for your geekgold entry, and you may not put a gift certificate on the want list for your gift certificate entry. There are no exceptions. Any occurrences of arbitrage of either GG or GCs in the end results will result in that user's entire wantlist for all entries to be removed.
12. Timeframe. By entering into this Math Trade, you are committing to being available to ship your items out in a timely fashion. It is expected that within one (1) week of the results being finalized, you will submit all of your trade requests to the individuals receiving your games. Do NOT submit any trade requests until the results have been announced as permanent by the Trade Moderator, to allow for time for potential issues to be resolved. It is also expected that within (2) weeks of the trade results being posted or within (1) week of receiving a trade confirmation for your outgoing game you will ship the game to your recipient. Similarly, if you are due to receive a game, you are required to respond to the trade request within two (2) weeks time. If after this time you have not acknowledged the trade request and provided your trade partner with your address, you shall forfeit the item. Obviously, emergencies come up, but if something happens that deviates from this time frame, please communicate that. This is a guideline; if your trade partner is willing to hold your game for an additional period of time, that is up to them, but must be agreed upon.
13. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ENTERING INTO THIS MATH TRADE IS A COMMITMENT TO TRADE THE ITEMS THAT YOU ARE INDICATING YOU ARE WILLING TO TRADE FOR YOUR ITEM. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DOUBLE CHECK DUPLICATE PROTECTION AND CHECK BOXES. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TRADE ONE OF YOUR ITEMS FOR ANOTHER ITEM, DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN YOUR WANTLIST. THE RESULTS ONCE POSTED ARE BINDING.
JeffyJeffs new TradeMaximizer with threading option will be used (unsure what version number this one is using)
Math_Trades http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades- If you're new to math trades, follow this link to learn the ropes.
Math Trades for Dummies http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/287152/math-trades-for-d...- Another good intro.
OLWLG http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG- Read here for help using the On-Line Want List Generator to submit your want list.
Math Trade Video Tutorials http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/568078/math-trade-video-...
Rahdo Runs Through Math Trades video http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/32552/outside-the-scope-o...
Packaging Suggestions and Guidelines https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/196679/guide-packaging
Math Trade FAQS for Newbies https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/181401/math-trade-faq-new...
Make sure to drop by the discussion thread if you have any questions. Math trades might look a bit complicated at first, but they're really easy and fun once you get the hang of them.
Good luck and happy trading!
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, February 21, 2016, 8:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Monday, February 29, 2016, 8:00 PM EDT
- [+] Dice rolls