Spring into Math Trades -- a Green Mountain Gamers no-ship math trade
This math trade is for those attending the Green Mountain Gamers Spring MEGA Meltdown in Fairlee, Vt., April 2, 2016. For more information about GMG, see http://www.greenmountaingamers.com/Recommend
Key Dates & Times (EASTERN STANDARD TIME)
Open for posting games: Immediately until Friday, March 25 (9:00 p.m.)
Want list submission period: Friday, March 25 (9:01 p.m.) until Tuesday, March 29 (9:00 p.m.)
Results about an hour thereafter!
Game exchange: Saturday, April 2, starting at 12 p.m. inside the MEGA Meltdown.
Important: The On-Line Want List Generator ( http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG) will be required for this event. This is a great program that helps make math trades smooth and easy.
Math trades are a great way to swap games you no longer play for games you’d love to add to your collection.
You can read all about math trades here ( http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades) or watch Rhado run through a detailed explanation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA-hiERrMk8), but in short, instead of trading between two people, the computer orchestrates huge trades among many people.
Here’s how things work:
1. Gather together the games you no longer want and are willing to trade. Board games, RPGs, war games, video games -- any type of game or game accessory you think other people would be interested in is good.
2. Let other folks know what you have to trade by listing these games in this Geeklist. Click the ‘Add Item’ link at the bottom of this section to add a game and choose the photo you’d like displayed with your game.
3. You must accurately describe the condition of your game. Is it used, or new in shrink? Is it in great condition, or does it show a lot of play wear? And most importantly, is it complete? Please be accurate when listing your game and take the time to inventory ALL of the parts (unless the game is still in shrink wrap, in which case you can assume it’s complete). Your fellow traders will be depending on accurate descriptions to make their trades.
4. Use the On-Line Want List Generator to mark which games you are interested in getting, and which of your games you would be willing to trade away to get those games.
5. Submit your want lists by clicking on the ‘Submit Your Lists Here!’ button during the want list submission period. You should receive a Geekmail confirming your list.
6. You can reconfigure your want list up until the end of the want list submission period. Please double-check your want list submission -- if you make an error (agreeing to trade your Battlestar Galactica for Monopoly, for instance), you’ll have to live with the trade.
7. Trade results should be available the night of March 29. You’ll see who will get the games you’re trading away and who will give you the games you are receiving in return. You can access the trade results through the OLWLG.
Remember, these trade results are binding -- you MUST trade the games you agreed to trade.
On the flip side, if you post games but don’t see anything you want to trade them for, you won’t be part of any trades. Simply posting games doesn’t obligate you to trade them.
8. It is critical that you bring the games you successfully traded with you to Carnage. Game exchange starts at about noon on Saturday -- if you successfully traded one or more games, you must bring your games to the game exchange and pick up the games you are receiving. The earlier you bring your games to the game exchange area, the sooner everyone will get their new games!
9. A final note -- if you’ve had a successful trade, please consider tipping JeffyJeff ( http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/JeffyJeff), the fellow behind the wonderful OLWLG, some Geekgold.
And here’s a few important tips:
A. You can post as many games as you’d like. Your main item must be a game or game accessory. Remember to accurately describe the condition of each game you post.
B. You may consider adding ‘sweeteners’ to individual game offerings. Sweeteners are bonus games or other items that come with the posted game that are intended to attract more trade interest. Games, game accessories, DVDs and other media are all acceptable sweeteners.
C. Please keep an eye on the items you’re trading for comments and/or questions, and be sure to answer these as appropriate.
D. It’s important that you don’t delete an item once you’ve posted it. If the game is lost or damaged during the math trade, please edit your entry to note the problem and then submit a blank want list (i.e., you don’t accept anything in trade for this item).
E. Finally, cash, Geekgold and gift certificates are not allowed in this trade. My hope for this math trade is for participants to come away with new games.
As math-trade moderator, I reserve the right to settle any conflicts as needed, but if we all use common sense and good manners, I know this will be a smooth, fun event with all participants walking away new games to try.
See you at MEGA Meltdown!
Deadline-Offers: Friday, March 25, 2016, 9:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 9:00 PM EDT
- [+] Dice rolls