Games to play with co-workers over lunch hour
If you have suggestions, please add them to the comments. I'm looking for games that can handle larger groups of people (minimum of 5), are interactive and engaging, and can be explained and played in less than an hour.
Here are the games that are in the queue once everybody gets back from summer vacations (in no particular order):
- 7 Wonders: Definitely a more complicated game, but it should still fit in a lunch hour. We just need the right group.
- Cosmic Encounter: I want to think we can fit this in an hour. It takes a bit to set up and explain, but I want to try it. The newest expansion with the hidden allegiance mechanic is intriguing, since coworkers love backstabbing each other.
- Escape: The Curse of the Temple: Only 5 players, but real-time games have gone over well, and this one is relatively simple.
- Colossal Arena: Again, only 5 players, but I personally have had a great time playing this over the years, and it might still be interesting to spectate. I'm not sure yet.
- Cornerstone: This only plays 4 players, but it's a great spectator sport. I've only ever played it once, so I'd love to get it to table just to try.
- [+] Dice rolls