Cheat Your Own Adventure -- 2018 PbF New Player Initative
Welcome to Cheat Your Own Adventure -- The Forest of Misery!
To check out the rules, look here.
Quick rules, if you don't want to read the link:
This game requires some limited use of the GeekRoller. 2d6 are rolled for Stamina checks, which happen during each time the game progresses. Stamina starts at 1 and the game ends when it reaches 12. Stamina increases with each successful addition to the geeklist.
1. The narrator writes a short piece of second-person fiction as a geeklist item.
2. The other players will present options as comments to the geeklist item.
3. After 24 hours, the narrator will choose an option.
4. The writer of the chosen option will create a new geeklist item for their Stamina roll and narration. If the Stamina roll is a success, go to Step 1.
5. If the Stamina roll fails, the original narrator will choose a second option. The writer of that option will create a new geeklist item and assume control of the narrative, returning to Step 1.
6. After your turn as narrator is complete, please add links to the new geeklist options that follow from your section so that others can easily follow the game. To do this, click on the number by the geeklist entry, then look at the url. You embed the list item number from the url in your text by including [ listitem=XXXX ][ b ]page ??[/b][/listitem] (without the spaces). I recommend using the strikethrough option ([ - ][/-], again without the spaces) to show how we cheated our way past any failures!
Don't forget to subscribe to this geeklist and thumb posts once you've read them.
The main list comments at the bottom of the page will serve as the OOC thread for the game.
Stamina Target: 12
- [+] Dice rolls