Cheat Your Own Adventure -- 2018 PbF New Player Initative
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
Microbadge: I love random tables!Microbadge: Dear Optimist, Pessimist and Realist: While you were busy arguing about the glass of water, I drank it!Microbadge: Dice (d6) fanMicrobadge: Oh No! I forgot to post to my PbF!Microbadge: Dreams about board games
Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
Welcome to Cheat Your Own Adventure -- The Forest of Misery!

To check out the rules, look here.

Quick rules, if you don't want to read the link:

This game requires some limited use of the GeekRoller. 2d6 are rolled for Stamina checks, which happen during each time the game progresses. Stamina starts at 1 and the game ends when it reaches 12. Stamina increases with each successful addition to the geeklist.



1. The narrator writes a short piece of second-person fiction as a geeklist item.

2. The other players will present options as comments to the geeklist item.

3. After 24 hours, the narrator will choose an option.

4. The writer of the chosen option will create a new geeklist item for their Stamina roll and narration. If the Stamina roll is a success, go to Step 1.

5. If the Stamina roll fails, the original narrator will choose a second option. The writer of that option will create a new geeklist item and assume control of the narrative, returning to Step 1.

6. After your turn as narrator is complete, please add links to the new geeklist options that follow from your section so that others can easily follow the game. To do this, click on the number by the geeklist entry, then look at the url. You embed the list item number from the url in your text by including [ listitem=XXXX ][ b ]page ??[/b][/listitem] (without the spaces). I recommend using the strikethrough option ([ - ][/-], again without the spaces) to show how we cheated our way past any failures!



Don't forget to subscribe to this geeklist and thumb posts once you've read them.

The main list comments at the bottom of the page will serve as the OOC thread for the game.



Stamina Target: 12
Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2018 [+] 2018_pbf_newbie_initiative [+] [View All]
  • [+] Dice rolls
1. RPG Item: Book 03: The Forest of Doom [Average Rating:6.99 Overall Rank:934]
RPG Item: Book 03: The Forest of Doom
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
Microbadge: I love random tables!Microbadge: Dear Optimist, Pessimist and Realist: While you were busy arguing about the glass of water, I drank it!Microbadge: Dice (d6) fanMicrobadge: Oh No! I forgot to post to my PbF!Microbadge: Dreams about board games
External image

Page 1

Billy said it would be fun. Billy said it would be an adventure. After three hours wandering off the trail, however, this is NOT fun, and only an "adventure" if that means getting lost and isolated in a place you've never been to before without an clue how to get back to the car. Billy's tone has changed from enthusiasm, to trepidation, to primal fear. He's not holding it together very well, and ironically, is now looking to you for a solution the problem he got both of you into. It looks like there is an animal trail up ahead, snaking off into the dimly-lit horizon. The sun is almost fully set at this point, and it's getting harder and harder to make out any detail.



If you wish to slap some sense into Billy and tell him to "Man Up", turn to page 25.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loading... | Locked Hide Show Unlock Lock Comment     View Previous {{limitCount(numprevitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
{{error.message}}
{{comment.error.message}}
    View More Comments {{limitCount(numnextitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} / {{numnextitems_calculated}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
2. RPG Item: Book 03: The Forest of Doom [Average Rating:6.99 Overall Rank:934]
RPG Item: Book 03: The Forest of Doom
jeremy Losek
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Dungeons & Dragons player
Page 25

You grab Billy giving him a firm shake. You tell him, "You were in scouts for seven years. Surely you can remember what to do.

Billy sobs, "All I can remember is making a bird feeder with pines cones and peanut butter." You give him a satisfying slap across the face. He just stares at you for a few seconds in awed silenced before he speaks again,"Ok, I think i'm better now." He pulls out his compass and holds it directly in front of his waist. "All we have to do is go north." He points in the direction directly behind you, "and we should be out in no time". You go over to get a closer looker at the compass. He turn to show you. "See, north is..." he points in a different this time and his voice starts to sound uneasy "is in ... that direction"

You soon realize that Billy has been holding the compass next to his large metal belt buckle the entire time. You yell at him that the compass has been pointing to his belt the whole trip. At this point you hear the sound rustling and its getting closer. It appears your argument has drawn something's attention.

---------

To throw Billy towards the noise and book it out of there by yourself, turn to page 73.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1237850. Number27
  • 1d6 + 1d6 =
  • (5) + (5) =
  • 10
  • Wed Feb 7, 2018 2:57 am
Loading... | Locked Hide Show Unlock Lock Comment     View Previous {{limitCount(numprevitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
{{error.message}}
{{comment.error.message}}
    View More Comments {{limitCount(numnextitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} / {{numnextitems_calculated}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
3. Board Game: Banners of Betrayal [Average Rating:0.00 Unranked]
Board Game: Banners of Betrayal
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
Microbadge: I love random tables!Microbadge: Dear Optimist, Pessimist and Realist: While you were busy arguing about the glass of water, I drank it!Microbadge: Dice (d6) fanMicrobadge: Oh No! I forgot to post to my PbF!Microbadge: Dreams about board games
Stamina 2d6 = (2 + 5) = 7 (made it!)



Page 73

Billy got you into this mess, and he's not going to drag you down any longer. You quickly assess your options, then decide to clock him in the gut and shove him towards the rustling. He barely has time to react and looks at you with a sharp expression of confusion, but you've already turned and started to run. The exciting burst of adrenaline fueling your fight or flight response carries you for almost ten minutes. The cold wind rushes past you, but the scenery doesn't change. The woods continue to stretch out in the dim light, mist swirling around your feet.

There is what looks like a small stream up ahead, and you think you can cross it without breaking stride.



You quickly make the decision to cross the small stream- the farther you get from whatever was making that noise the better!

If you cross the small stream turn to page 18.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1238798. Annowme
  • 2d6 =
  • (2 + 5) =
  • 7
  • Stamina
  • Thu Feb 8, 2018 1:35 pm
Loading... | Locked Hide Show Unlock Lock Comment     View Previous {{limitCount(numprevitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
{{error.message}}
{{comment.error.message}}
    View More Comments {{limitCount(numnextitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} / {{numnextitems_calculated}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
4. RPG Item: LA-SP4-11: Stream of Consciousness [Average Rating:0.00 Unranked]
RPG Item: LA-SP4-11: Stream of Consciousness
Heather Gray-Losek
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Coffee addictMicrobadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Video Game Music Score fan
1d6 + 1d6 = (6) + (2) = 8 -success!

Page 18

You want to get as far from whatever was making that noise as you can. Many creatures hate the water so you decide to make your way across the stream. You manage to cross the stream with little issues, but pause on the opposite side when you hear someone (Billy?) cry out your name. The cry seems to come from everywhere and no where all at once and there is not enough light to see clearly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
You've been friends with Billy for years and you know that, if push comes to shove, Billy would help you out if he could.

If you call out, announcing where you are, turn to page 33.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1239713. clarinet00
  • 1d6 + 1d6 =
  • (6) + (2) =
  • 8
  • Fri Feb 9, 2018 9:26 pm
Loading... | Locked Hide Show Unlock Lock Comment     View Previous {{limitCount(numprevitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
{{error.message}}
{{comment.error.message}}
    View More Comments {{limitCount(numnextitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} / {{numnextitems_calculated}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
5. RPG Item: Forest of Doom [Average Rating:0.00 Unranked]
RPG Item: Forest of Doom
Michael Romine
msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: I donated to the Hurricane Harvey relief effortMicrobadge: Math GeekMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: Arkham Horror: The Card Game fan
Stamina = 7 (made it)


Page 33

You call out to Billy telling him that you are located under a large oak tree next to the stream. You hear him yell back to you that he is coming to meet you and for you not to move from where you are standing. You are happy to hear his voice, but you have a nagging feeling that something is wrong. It suddenly occurs to you that his voice is coming from the opposite direction of where you left him when you started running.

You begin looking around to find a place to hide – just in case that it is not Billy that is coming to meet you!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Looking around you see a large bush that looks perfect to hide in and yet still see who or what is coming.

If you decide to hide in the bush, turn to page 45
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1240172. darthromine
  • 1d6 + 1d6 =
  • (4) + (3) =
  • 7
  • Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:46 am
Loading... | Locked Hide Show Unlock Lock Comment     View Previous {{limitCount(numprevitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
{{error.message}}
{{comment.error.message}}
    View More Comments {{limitCount(numnextitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} / {{numnextitems_calculated}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
6. Board Game: Mulberry Bush Game [Average Rating:5.00 Unranked]
Board Game: Mulberry Bush Game
betsy cox
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
If I mention Spirit Island again my gaming group is leaving...
Avatar
Microbadge: University of OregonMicrobadge: Michigan State UniversityMicrobadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: Detroit Red Wings fanMicrobadge: Detroit Lions fan
1d6 + 1d6 = (6) + (1) = 7 (whew. just barely)

pg. 45

Looking around you see a large bush that looks perfect to hide in. The leaves should cover you and yet still allow you to see who or what is coming.

You scramble under the bush and peer out into the gloom. You don't have long to wait. You hear footsteps quickly approaching. Billy bursts into the opening - coming in from the opposite direction than where you left him last.

Just before you step out of your hiding spot you notice that Billy is wearing a jacket you don't recall him having with him at the start of the hike.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You decide that is not Billy. You believe that you can remain hidden in the bush and wait until imposter Billy wanders a bit away. To remain hidden turn to page 14

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Take 2:

You have decided that enough is enough - it is time to get some answers. If you confront the imposter Billy, turn to page 64.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1241077. penguin_girl
  • 1d6 + 1d6 =
  • (6) + (1) =
  • 7
  • Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:49 pm
Loading... | Locked Hide Show Unlock Lock Comment     View Previous {{limitCount(numprevitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
{{error.message}}
{{comment.error.message}}
    View More Comments {{limitCount(numnextitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} / {{numnextitems_calculated}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
7. RPG Item: Avalon Adventures Vol 2 #06: Hidden Evil [Average Rating:0.00 Unranked]
From gallery of BoardGameGeek
Heather Gray-Losek
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Coffee addictMicrobadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Video Game Music Score fan
1d6 + 1d6 = (1) + (2) = 3-ugh! fail!

Page 14

You know in your gut that can't be your friend-regardless of what your eyes are telling you. You crouch low and wait for the impostor Billy to wander away. You can hear the blood pumping through your ears as your heart races. Something is very wrong here!
After some time impostor Billy grunts and begins to wander further down the stream.
A strong part of you wants to know what happened to your friend, and who or what this other Billy is. On the other hand your body's fight or flight response has kicked in...BIG TIME.

You dart out from under the bush and start running the oppisite direction of the impostor. The last thing you remember is a bright flash and the ground seemingly rising to meet you and then all goes dark.

You Died. Return to previous page.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1241920. clarinet00
  • 1d6 + 1d6 =
  • (1) + (2) =
  • 3
  • Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:00 am
Loading... | Locked Hide Show Unlock Lock Comment     View Previous {{limitCount(numprevitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
{{error.message}}
{{comment.error.message}}
    View More Comments {{limitCount(numnextitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} / {{numnextitems_calculated}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
8. RPG: In the Forest [Average Rating:0.00 Unranked]
RPG: In the Forest
Michael Romine
msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: I donated to the Hurricane Harvey relief effortMicrobadge: Math GeekMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: Arkham Horror: The Card Game fan
Page 64

You walk out from behind the bushes and yell “Billy! What is going on?”

Billy slowly turns around to you and you see that he is really pale and his eyes are glowing. “I am not the Billy that you know. I am the spirit of the forest. I need your help. Please go to the center of the forest – you will find a small cottage. Inside that cottage lives a giant hermit who has stolen the heart of the forest from me. Please steal it back from him and throw it into the lake near the cottage. When that has been accomplished, I will have the power to destroy the hermit and bring peace back to this forest.”

Billy points in the direction that you need to travel to find the cottage and slowly disappears. Right before he completely disappears he says, “Once you have completed your mission, I will return Billy to you…”

You decide to help the spirit of the forest and begin to walk in the direction of the cottage. After walking for an hour, you come upon a clearing in the forest and you can see the cottage. There is a light on in the cottage and smoke rising from the chimney.

You need a way to get into the cottage without being seen by the hermit.

-----------------------------------------------
Maybe the best way to get into the cottage is to make the hermit come out! You believe you can get up to the roof easily enough...

If you cover the chimney to smoke the hermit out, turn to page 8.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loading... | Locked Hide Show Unlock Lock Comment     View Previous {{limitCount(numprevitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
{{error.message}}
{{comment.error.message}}
    View More Comments {{limitCount(numnextitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} / {{numnextitems_calculated}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
9. Board Game: Smokey [Average Rating:0.00 Unranked]
Board Game: Smokey
Mike Lewis
United States
Cedar Falls
IA
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: "I am not throwing away my shot!"Microbadge: April Fool's Day Easter Egg Finder 2011Microbadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Doctor Who fanMicrobadge: Plays Games With Family
Stamina - 2d6 = (4 + 6) = 10

Page 8

Avoiding the window, you pull yourself up onto the roof of the cottage. Moving slowly and carefully to avoid making noise, you reach the chimney. It occurs to you now that you don't really have anything to cover the chimney with, but you're determined to follow through on your plan, so you take off your jacket. Balling it up, you're able to stuff it into the chimney's opening. A small amount of smoke still escapes, but you know that most of the smoke must be backing up down below.

It is taking longer than you had hoped for there to be any reaction from anyone in the cottage, and you're getting cold without your jacket. Just as you're about to abandon this plan, the door to the cottage opens and, coughing, the hermit steps out. Framed in the light from the door, you're surprised to see that the hermit is a woman, only a few years older than yourself.

You realize that your position on the roof is the first place she's going to look to figure out what's causing the smoke to back up.

———————————————————————
You realize that this can't be the hermit-the spirit of the forest referred to the hermit as a "he". If you decide to introduce yourself (while remaining on the roof) and explain your situation turn to page 63

———————————————————————
To pretend to be the hermit, yourself, and perform a ceremonial dance on the roof, turn to page 1,187.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1243792. IcculusTheWise
  • 2d6 =
  • (4 + 6) =
  • 10
  • Stamina -
  • Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:24 pm
Loading... | Locked Hide Show Unlock Lock Comment     View Previous {{limitCount(numprevitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
{{error.message}}
{{comment.error.message}}
    View More Comments {{limitCount(numnextitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} / {{numnextitems_calculated}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
10. RPG Item: Who Are You? [Average Rating:0.00 Unranked]
RPG Item: Who Are You?
Heather Gray-Losek
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Coffee addictMicrobadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Video Game Music Score fan
1d6 + 1d6 = (1) + (3) = 4 -Ugh! we die again!

Page 63

Feeling fairly certain this isn't the hermit the Spirit referred to... you decide to announce your presence to the woman below you.
"Psst! Up here!"
The woman looks up at you with an incredulous look on her face. "What are you doing?" she demands loudly, placing her hands on her hips and addressing you with a scowl.
You decided that honesty is the best policy and you explain your current quest and how it involves a hermit, a stolen heart, and this cottage.
"Well, good thing for you that he's not here presently-also, I believe you haven't been told the full story. He's far from a "hermit" and he didn't steal anything. Now, if you would please unplug my chimney and come down here we can have a conversation like civilized people!"

You decide to scramble down the side of the cottage immediately. The woman turns to you and cackles. The last thing you remember is a bright flash and all goes dark. You have died, please return to page 8.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1245344. clarinet00
  • 1d6 + 1d6 =
  • (1) + (3) =
  • 4
  • Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:19 pm
Loading... | Locked Hide Show Unlock Lock Comment     View Previous {{limitCount(numprevitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
{{error.message}}
{{comment.error.message}}
    View More Comments {{limitCount(numnextitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} / {{numnextitems_calculated}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
11. Board Game: Angelina Ballerina Dance With Me Game [Average Rating:3.50 Unranked]
Board Game: Angelina Ballerina Dance With Me Game
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
Microbadge: I love random tables!Microbadge: Dear Optimist, Pessimist and Realist: While you were busy arguing about the glass of water, I drank it!Microbadge: Dice (d6) fanMicrobadge: Oh No! I forgot to post to my PbF!Microbadge: Dreams about board games
Multi- Auto-Pass!

Page 1,187

You realize that this could all be a farce--the "hermit" doesn't look how you expected, but now you're passing yourself off as him, anyway, despite being a pre-teen boy. All's fair in love and getting lost in creepy forests, you guess.

Opening your coat to pull out the two lighters you have tucked away inside, you call out in a squeaky chant while sparking alight a little flame in each hand. Scuttling back and forth on the roof, you wave your arms and continue squawking gibberish.

The young woman tilts her head to the left, cocks and eyebrow, and says, "wait, haven't we met before?"



"Of course we have met before" lying through your teeth you continue "I just had to make sure They haven't gotten to you yet. Thats why i had to test you." You make a couple of quick head turns to the left and right" They have eyes everywhere"

If you climb down and continue the farce, turn to page 571.

Stamina is now 10.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loading... | Locked Hide Show Unlock Lock Comment     View Previous {{limitCount(numprevitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
{{error.message}}
{{comment.error.message}}
    View More Comments {{limitCount(numnextitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} / {{numnextitems_calculated}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
12. RPG: The Chrysalis Revolt: 2709-2710 [Average Rating:0.00 Unranked]
RPG: The Chrysalis Revolt: 2709-2710
jeremy Losek
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Dungeons & Dragons player
1d6 + 1d6 = (6) + (6) = 12

page 571
"Yes my dear it is me." You say as you try to climb down off the roof. Halfway down you lose you grip and face plant into a pile of mud. As you spit mud and twigs from your mouth. "I had to take care of some trespassers. Two kids. I took this form to trick them. They'll be lost for days"

She eyes you suspiciously "Are you sure you are him?" She ask as she holds her hand out towards you.

"They must have a secret handshake," you thing to yourself, "this is bad". You go to grab her hand but she recoils in disgust.

"I think you landed in some kind of poop" she says. "Come on let get you cleaned up." She says as she walk into the cabin beckoning you to come.

-------

'She bought it' you think. If you gladly follow her into the cottage, turn to page 848

If you knock her on the head and run into the cottage, turn to page 196.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1247657. Number27
  • 1d6 + 1d6 =
  • (6) + (6) =
  • 12
  • Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:50 pm
Loading... | Locked Hide Show Unlock Lock Comment     View Previous {{limitCount(numprevitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
{{error.message}}
{{comment.error.message}}
    View More Comments {{limitCount(numnextitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} / {{numnextitems_calculated}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
13. Board Game: A Day of Choices [Average Rating:0.00 Unranked]
Board Game: A Day of Choices
betsy cox
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
If I mention Spirit Island again my gaming group is leaving...
Avatar
Microbadge: University of OregonMicrobadge: Michigan State UniversityMicrobadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: Detroit Red Wings fanMicrobadge: Detroit Lions fan
1d6 + 1d6 = (6) + (2) = 8

pg. 848

'She bought it' you think to yourself. You've finally caught a break in this nightmare you're trapped in. You gladly follow her into the cottage. Upon entering she turns to you and giving you a closer stare states "If you really are who you say you are, you'll know where you hid the heart of the forest." She gestures around the cottage, clearly inviting you to go and grab the heart of the forest. Looking around, you see a small box hidden under the bed. You grab the box and open it at the woman's urging. The last thing you notice before a blinding white light is that the box was empty.

You die. Please return to pg. 571 and try again.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1249750. penguin_girl
  • 1d6 + 1d6 =
  • (6) + (2) =
  • 8
  • Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:22 am
Loading... | Locked Hide Show Unlock Lock Comment     View Previous {{limitCount(numprevitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
{{error.message}}
{{comment.error.message}}
    View More Comments {{limitCount(numnextitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} / {{numnextitems_calculated}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
14. RPG: Trapped! [Average Rating:0.00 Unranked]
RPG: Trapped!
Michael Romine
msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: I donated to the Hurricane Harvey relief effortMicrobadge: Math GeekMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: Arkham Horror: The Card Game fan
Stamina – auto pass

Page 196

As the young woman turns to walk back into the cottage, you bend down and pick up a log. You swing at her head and hear a “twack!” She falls to the ground unconscious. You quickly run into the cottage and place the cross bar across the door securely locking it in place.

You look around the cottage and see that there are two beds on the left of the cottage, to the right is a kitchen with a large array of knives, and directly ahead is the fireplace and two chairs. You begin looking around the beds, then move to the fireplace and finally to the kitchen. You can’t seem to find the heart of the forest.

You quickly look outside to see if the young woman is outside and notice that she has disappeared. You begin to panic – you have no idea where she has gone. You redouble your efforts to find the heart and leave the cottage before she returns with reinforcements.

As you make a second pass through the cottage, you see a glowing green light coming from under the floorboards in the kitchen. You pry up the boards and success – you have found the heart of the forest.

You look again outside the cottage to see if anyone is there. You don’t see anyone so you quietly open the door and step out of the cottage. You begin to move towards the lake when you see standing before the lake the young woman and a very large man carrying a double-bladed axe!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You've seen too many football movies to pass this up.

If you "Hail Mary" the heart over their heads into the lake, turn to page 7.



Gathering your courage (and hopefully the element of surprise), you shout and rush towards the lake.

If you decide to 'Leroy Jenkins' this adventure, turn to page 33 1/3.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loading... | Locked Hide Show Unlock Lock Comment     View Previous {{limitCount(numprevitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
{{error.message}}
{{comment.error.message}}
    View More Comments {{limitCount(numnextitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} / {{numnextitems_calculated}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
15. Board Game: The Bomb [Average Rating:0.00 Unranked]
Board Game: The Bomb
Mike Lewis
United States
Cedar Falls
IA
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: "I am not throwing away my shot!"Microbadge: April Fool's Day Easter Egg Finder 2011Microbadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Doctor Who fanMicrobadge: Plays Games With Family
1d6 + 1d6 = (4) + (5) = 9 - Interception! Death!

Page 7

You take a couple running steps and cock your arm back for a colossal throw. Time seems to go into slow motion, and you see several things at once. Ahead of you, the man with the axe raises it over his head and begins a charge toward you, while the young woman waves her hands and starts an incantation. To your right, you see the spirit of the forest, still in Billy-form, step out from the shadows of the trees. Behind the spirit comes Billy, the actual Billy, looking safe and happier than you've seen him all night.

You feel a breeze on your face; you know you've got this. The lake is right there, behind the young woman but within an easy distance for your long pass over your enemies' heads. You release the heart and it begins its arcing path toward its watery destination...

Time speeds back up. There is a bright flash that comes from the woman's hands, and the axe descends quickly into your field of view. You're not sure which one of these deals the killing blow, but the last thing you see is the heart falling pathetically short of its target and landing directly at the young woman's feet.

You have died.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1251975. IcculusTheWise
  • 1d6 + 1d6 =
  • (4) + (5) =
  • 9
  • Fri Mar 2, 2018 1:52 pm
Loading... | Locked Hide Show Unlock Lock Comment     View Previous {{limitCount(numprevitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
{{error.message}}
{{comment.error.message}}
    View More Comments {{limitCount(numnextitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} / {{numnextitems_calculated}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
16. Board Game: Arcadia Quest: Leeroy [Average Rating:7.75 Unranked] [Average Rating:7.75 Unranked]
Board Game: Arcadia Quest: Leeroy
betsy cox
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
If I mention Spirit Island again my gaming group is leaving...
Avatar
Microbadge: University of OregonMicrobadge: Michigan State UniversityMicrobadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: Detroit Red Wings fanMicrobadge: Detroit Lions fan
pg 33 1/3

Gathering your courage (and hopefully the element of surprise), you sprint towards the lake, shouting 'Leeroy Jenkins' at the top of your lungs, and waving your arms crazily. The man and woman pause in utter disbelief as you come barreling towards them hollering like a mad man on fire. Before they can even react to your presence, you are past them, and making the last sprint to the water. You heave the stone as hard and as far as you can.

The heart of the forest makes a satisfying splash and sinks into the depths of the lake. The lake starts giving off a glowing green light. The spirit, still wearing Billy's likeness, rises out of the water. "Be gone" he intones at them, spreading his fingers widely at them, and the next moment they've shattered into dust.

The spirit thanks you and points towards a patch of trees. "Keep walking in that direction for an hour and you will find your friend and your car. He won't remember a thing about today." As you start walking in the direction the spirit gave you, you hear a faint 'thank you' in the wind.

You have saved the forest.
4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loading... | Locked Hide Show Unlock Lock Comment     View Previous {{limitCount(numprevitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
{{error.message}}
{{comment.error.message}}
    View More Comments {{limitCount(numnextitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} / {{numnextitems_calculated}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
Loading... | Locked Hide Show Unlock Lock Comment     View Previous {{limitCount(numprevitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
{{error.message}}
{{comment.error.message}}
    View More Comments {{limitCount(numnextitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} / {{numnextitems_calculated}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}