October 2018 VideoGameGeek Review Contest
Welcome to the geeklist for the October 2018 VideoGameGeek Review Contest!Recommend
This contest is open to all registered users on VGG who post a video game review during the contest month.
This month's optional theme is HALLOWEEN. Earn bonus geekgold this month by writing a review for a game that has something to do with Halloween / Horror / Monsters.
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.
October 2018 winners:
ForbiddingUnited StatesAnimals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to. –Alfred A. MontapertThese computers on our desks are turning into portals to other realms of existence…realms that will one day be preferred to earth. –Edward Castronova
How to Participate:
Write a review for any video game and submit it to the appropriate game's database page on VGG during the contest month. Add a link to your review as a new item on this geeklist before the last day of the month. Add a separate geeklist item for each entry.
Earn geekgold! If your review is around 500 words or more (and, ideally, contains images) you will receive a 2 door prize simply for entering it in the contest. You will receive a 1 door prize if your review is very short.
Earn more geekgold! There is an optional theme each month. Any reviews meeting this theme will be awarded an extra 3 entry bonus. Simply state in your entry whether or not you meet the optional theme.
Tips to this geeklist are appreciated!
How to Win:
A voting poll will be opened for one week after the geeklist is closed for new entries. The winner will be determined by the results of the poll.
Any and all registered users are allowed to vote in the poll, including users who submit a review for the contest. Feel free to invite other B/RP/VGGers to vote in the contest poll, but...
Do not create accounts to vote multiple times and do not solicit votes for a specific review!
1st Place: 60 and the exclusive winner's microbadge
2nd Place: 40
3rd Place: 20
4th Place: 10
All participants are eligible to receive the Video Game Review Contest Participant microbadge. (This microbadge is also available for general purchase.)
Subscription Thread - Subscribe to receive notifications of new contest geeklists, voting polls, and contest results.
Discussion Thread - Post any queries, ideas, celebrations, or just general chat.
VGG Review Contest Wiki Page - View the history of the VGG video game review contest.
The Fine Print: (last updated August 2017)
- There is no minimum word count requirement. The geekgold door prize is awarded to all entries that are near to or exceed 500 words.
- Users may enter any number of reviews they wish each month. Users entering multiple reviews may receive multiple awards in the same month.
- Soliciting participation for the contest as a whole is acceptable and encouraged. Soliciting votes for a specific review is prohibited, and may result in disqualification.
- Any user may vote in the poll regardless of whether or not they submitted a review. Each user may only vote once. Creating additional accounts for the purpose of voting is prohibited.
- Winning an award one month does not prohibit a user from participating in subsequent months.
- Award placement is determined by a weighted majority vote. Votes for 1st place earn 4 points, 2nd place 3 points, 3rd place 2 points, and 4th place 1 point. Placement is determined by points following the vote.
- Ties in award placement will be broken by the number of votes for 1st place, followed by number of votes for 2nd place, then 3rd place, and lastly 4th place. If the tied reviews received exactly the same number of votes in all categories, then the tied reviews will remain tied and earn the same award placement. The subsequent award places will be skipped. (E.g. if 2 reviews tie for 2nd, there will be no 3rd place award.)
- [+] Dice rolls