VGG 2019 Double Community Challenge: Multi-platform gaming!
- Simon Lundström(Zimeon)Sweden
TäbyCome, come, all children who love fairy tales.
Welcome to the VGG 2019 multi-platform challenge.Recommend
Two VGG community challenges:
1) Have the VGG community as a collective play on 50 platforms or more total!
2) Have at least 30 users play on 5 platforms or more.
I'll award everyone who plays on 5 platforms or more with 50GG! Also, the top five multi-platform players will gain an extra 100GG each!
How to participate:
Simple! When you have played a platform (usually for 5 hours; see below), just post a reply to that platform's entry (and really, do add some comments on the game(s); and/or the platform!). I'll keep track here in the header on what platforms each user's played on, and how many platforms the collective has played on.
(So: Unless you are trying to compete for "most platforms played", there is little to gain on posting on crowded platforms.)
I will work out a simple algorithm to reward users who play on non-crowded platforms.
"Play" on a platform means to spend at least 5 hours on it. However, on platforms that can reasonable sort under "console generation" 1 and 2 only requires 1 and 2 hours each, respectively.
Playing an emulation counts as the emulated platform. Note that remakes are not emulations. However, even if the emulation has details such as a decorative frame, or emulator-based extra save states, it still counts as an emulation. So if you play Super Metroid on the Wii U, that counts as the SNES.
How to help:
1) This list is on a "want-to-participate" basis. Sometimes users post elsewhere on the site about having played on various platforms, but sifting the site for such information would be way too much work for one person. Therefore, I limit myself to updating only on what is posted here, and rely on that all you good folks can friendly poke users to also post a comment here, if they have played on a specific platform.
2) It happens that I miss item comments due to the subscription system only noting one subscription ping per GeekList page (I think). If you see some info that's not updated in this header, just poke me.
Users reaching 5 platforms or higher:Dave B(Jackal2k)Scotland
VGG Top multi-platform players:
Jackal2k (5): Switch, Xbox360, Playstation 2, GameCube, Xbox
thucydides2004 (3): Xbox One, Super Nintendo, Xbox 360
coldfrog (3): Android, Switch, Super Nintendo
frumpish (3): GameCube, Windows, Android
joakim589 (2): Playstation 4, Android
Crazy Catman (2): Windows, Android
urbaer (2): Playstation 2, Xbox 360
Zimeon (2): Wii U, Wii
Cricky (2): Windows, Android
adularia25 (2): Fire OS, iPad
flaeryn (2): Gameboy Advance, Windows
ljacone (2): Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS
mebririth (1): Windows, Android
Taibi (1): Windows
wizcreations (1): iPad
xed2 (1): Android
NeonElephant (1): Nintendo DS
Hirocon (1): NES/Famicon
VGG Top "playing on uncrowded platforms" players:
– based on a silly but simple algorithm that gives more points to less played-on platforms; will be opened at the end of January (when there is more data) –
Platforms played: 18Arcade
Single game device TV
Fairchild Channel F
Bally Professional Arcade
TRS-80 Model I/III
Atari 8 bit
TRS-80 Color Computer
Single game device ptbl
Sega Master System
FM TownsGame Boy
BBS DoorNeo Geo
Sega Game Gear
Super Famicon/SNES (2)
FM Towns Marty
Game Boy Color
Neo Geo Pocket
Neo Geo pocket Color
Playstation 2 (2)
Game Boy Advance (1)
Nintendo DS (2)
Xbox 360 (3)
Fire OS (1)
Nintendo 3DS (1)
Wii U (1)
Playstation 4 (1)
Xbox One (1)
Nintendo Switch (2)
- [+] Dice rolls