The 2019 Videogame Challenge!
De Haan...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
For this purpose and the succes of this years challenge we are repeating the challenge!
Let VGG'ers beat at least 5 games which accumelate to at least 50 hours of game time.
Enter a geeklist item in the geeklist before starting the challenge, games you beat before entering the challenge count but only for the regular challenge. Only games and hours played in 2019 count. To let them count for the hardcore challenge you need to enter the challenge before playing the games.
Optional: You may make up a list of videogames you tend to beat this year. If you are able to complete this challenge with the same ten games you have listed you will be eligable for the hardcore challenge microbadge.
- As soon as you choose your list and updated your geeklist item then copy the list and post it as a comment under your geeklist item. Do not change this anymore as this is the way we can check if you kept to your list and are eligable for the hardcore microbadge.
- You may add 3 alternate games that to this hardcore list so that if you get a game that you really don't like you don't have to play it to the end. Alternates have been limited to 3.
As soon as you beat a game, tell us about it on VGG. Where you talk about it is up to you. This can be as a short review (we like that a lot) or just on the beaten videogames geeklist, but it could be in a play thread on the videogame page, ... but talk about the game, that's what VGG is for.
Adjust your geeklist item entry and make a list of which game you have beaten and how long you took to do it.
As soon as you have beaten 5 games and have at least 50 hours of combined gametime (you can play shorter games but need more entries then) you will receive the Complete challenge microbadge.
If you either hit at least 10 games beaten and got 100, 150 or 200 gamehours you will get another special microbadge for that.
When you enter the challenge or hit a goal, post about it in the thread. I don't monitor the list.
You can find the thread here: The 2019 Videogame Challenge!
Microbadges that can be earned: - new ones have been ordered
- earned by participating
- earned with 5 games beaten and 50 hours of gametime
- earned with 10 games beaten and 100 hours of gametime
- earned with 10 games beaten and 150 hours of gametime
- earned with 10 games beaten and 200 hours of gametime
- earned by beating the 10 games on your hardcore list.
- [+] Dice rolls