Botanical Video Game Challenge!
So that got me thinking... I have a lot of video games with various plants... where collecting plants is even part of the game! One thing led to another, and so I came up with this challenge!
• Real world plants and fantasy plants work for the challenge - as long as the game indicates what you are collecting is a plant.
• No games may be used twice on the list, even if they have multiple plants you can collect.
• Collected plants do not need to be used for anything, your character just needs to have the plant in some way.
• Plants may be collected in an inventory system (for games with an inventory), or handed to a character in a cut-scene, or picked up and automatically consumed by a character.
• Plants may be sentient creatures (Bulbasaur in Pokémon, Lichen in NetHack, Tamed Snaptrap in Shattered Planet).
• This is an on-your-honor challenge - I'm not going to be checking if each plant for everyone's personal challenge is collectable!
Collect 20 different plants from 20 different games!
Collect 10 different plants from 10 different games!
In Minecraft you can collect Carrots and Beets... which would only work for B or for C, but not both. And in Tibia you can collect Blueberries. So if I play both Minecraft and Tibia, I can use Minecraft for Carrots completing C, and Tibia for Blueberries completing B.
In Skyrim there is Nirnroot, which would work N.
Examples of possible plants:
Tree | Fruit / Vegetable | Flower | Seed / Berry | Fantasy plant
A: Alder | Applea / Asparagus | Azalia | Acorn | Athelas
B: Birch | Bananas / Beets | Bluebell | Brazil Nut / Blueberry | Burb Root
C: Cedar | Cantaloupe / Carrots | Chrysanthemum | Cashew / Cranberry | Cloud Flower
D: Dogwood | Dates / Daikon | Daffodil | Dewberry | Dragonthorn
E: Eucalyptus | Endive | Echinacea | Elderberry | Ebonwood
F: Fir | Fig / Fennel | Foxglove | Filbert | Fireberries
G: Guava | Grape / Garlic | Geranium | Gooseberry | Gysahl Greens
H: Holly | Horseradish | Hyacinth | Hazelnut / Huckleberry | Hyrule Herb
I: Ironwood | Indian Plum / Iceberg Lettuce | Iris | Indian Beechnut | Iboga Petal
J: Juniper | Jackfruit / Jicama | Jasmine | Juniper Berry | Jungle Tree Sapling
K: Kiwi | Kumquat / Kale | Knotweed | Kola Nut | Kernal-pult
L: Lilac | Lemon / Leeks | Lavender | Lotus Seed / Lingonberry | Liferoot
M: Maple | Mango / Mustard | Magnolia | Mulberry | Macadamia | Moondrop Flower
N: Northern Pine | Nectarine / Nettle | Narcissus | Nutmeg | Nirnroot
O: Oak | Orange / Onion | Orchid | Oats | Orange Bloodroot
P: Poplar | Pear / Pumpkin | Peony | Pistachio | Paopu Fruit
Q: Quaking Aspen | Quince | Queen Anne's Lace | Quinoa | Quickening Seed
R: Redwood | Rambutan / Radish | Rose | Raspberry / Rye Berry | Razorvine
S: Sassafras | Star Fruit / Squash | Snowdrop | Strawberry / Sunflower Seeds | Songbell Plant
T: Tuliptree | Tamarind / Turnip | Tulip | Thimbleberry | Tribarrel Cactus
U: Umbrella Tree | Ugli fruit | Urn Plant | Ugniberry | Umbel Hops
V: Viburnum | | Valerian | Vanilla Seeds | Voltfruit
W: Witch-hazel | Wild Ginger | Waterlily | Walnuts / Wintergreen | Winter Root
X: Xylosma | Xoconostle | Xylobium | Xanthoceras Seeds |
Y: Yew | Yam | Yarrow | Youngberry | Yseralline Seed
Z: Zebrawood | Zucchini | Zinnia | Zig-zag Vine Fruit |
- [+] Dice rolls