From the Publisher:
Getting Out of Your System!
If you've got a spaceship, you likely want to leave our solar system and travel to new worlds. This month's Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- can help by providing new planets to explore and ways to get there! This passport to the unknown includes:
- "Ostara," a colony of outcast Earth troublemakers who have turned into something else, thanks to a psionic-inducing plague. Presented by David L. Pulver (co-author of GURPS Bio-Tech), this setting features the planet's history, situation, and GURPS stats for its oft-dangerous native life.
- "The Vanishing Sun," detailing an entire solar system that somehow ensnares ships. Christopher R. Rice describes this enigma's backstory, its system features, a new GURPS template for the curious Quicksilver-Born, plus adventure and crossover ideas for bringing this challenge into your campaign.
- "The SkipTime Hub of the OceanWe," a new systemless alien culture that's willing to bestow slivers of their precognitive abilities for a bit of culture.
- "Halfway to Anywhere," an in-depth look at calculating the delta-V required to traverse between worlds. Use its formulas (or the included spreadsheet) to maneuver from planet to planet in the best hard-science tradition. Rely on Hohmann transfers, gravity slingshots, and other maneuvers or techniques to make the most efficient use of your limited resources. And its calculations are all fully compatible with GURPS Space and the GURPS Spaceships series!
- "Homeward Unbound," an intriguing new way for a person to travel across the galaxy almost instantaneously . . . even if the trip back is more challenging.
This month's Pyramid also delivers a Random Thought Table that looks at building interplanetary mysteries, plus an Odds and Ends with more goodness we couldn't fit elsewhere in the issue. With this issue of Pyramid, the gate to the heavens is open!