Consider the Alternatives!
The possibilities are endless with GURPS, and in the latest Pyramid - the PDF magazine for roleplayers - we push the limits of how much awesomeness mortal minds can comprehend! Innovative optional rules, fresh possibilities for making characters, and daring system tweaks can all be found within these pages. Its scintillating selections include:
- "Pointless Monster Hunting," a meaty guide to making characters for GURPS Monster Hunters without character points! Frequent Pyramid contributor Christopher R. Rice shows you what you need to create your champions quickly and easily - plus some new options.
- "Knowing Your Own Strength," a guide from GURPS grandmaster Sean Punch that shows how you can rescale the GURPS Strength attribute to make it logarithmic - including insight into how that affects the rest of the system!
- "Playing With Health," this month's Eidetic Memory offering from GURPS Basic Set co-author David L. Pulver. Discover how you can make the Health attribute more active, by linking it to Perception and defining skills based on Speed.
- "Schrödinger's Backpack," a fun tweak for speeding up play by keeping heroes' gear undefined until they need it, presented by GURPS Martial Arts: Technical Grappling author Douglas H. Cole.
- "Possessions Under Control," new optional rules that let you use the foundation of the Technical Grappling system to wrestle with demons, aliens, and other entities that would seek to dominate or destroy your soul!
This issue also provides a Random Thought Table that loads the dice in new and interesting ways, plus an Odds and Ends with even more randomness. Regardless of whether you like your GURPS with minor add-ons or major overhauls, you're sure to find something to enhance the envelope-pushing prospects with this issue!
- Publisher's description