From publisher blurb:
Horizon scanning real tech for your game
What is Five Minutes into the Future? (5MF)
5MF are a series of short guides scanning the horizon for cutting edge technologies being developed in the real-world right now. Each issue will present one piece of nu-tech and some ways that you can use it in your roleplaying games.
Volume 1.2 features the Dream Incubator, a device that can influence people's dreams.
Inside you'll find details of:
- how the technology works in real life,
- a mind-twisting heist setting,
- a darkened-mirror cyberpunk setting where every smart device uses the technology to advertise in your dreams,
- a techno-horror setting where the manipulated dreams are used to deliver a ritual that frees a dream-demon, and
- a post-apocalypse setting where linked dreams cause the collapse of the human shared psyche and the birth of a maelstrom.
5MF is largely system neutral, and presents ideas suitable for a variety of modern and near future genres, including:
- near future,
- modern horror,
- hard sci-fi, and
Finally, I finish each guide with just a little bit of crunch so you can use the technology (with rules and related character options) in a handful of popular, different systems including;
- Powered by the Apocalypse, and
- D20 modern systems.