Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I got from the trailers and reviews the plot seems to revolve around erasing the evidence of the alien invasion (along with defeating the aliens in the first place).

In contrast:
wikipedia wrote:
Declassification is the process of documents that formerly were classified as secret ceasing to be so restricted.
So basically that would mean the exact opposite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fits the game: It plays in the past but has more modern equipment than the other "new" XCOM game that plays in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Harlekin wrote:
Fits the game: It plays in the past but has more modern equipment than the other "new" XCOM game that plays in the future.
In what way does that solve the contradiction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't solve it. It just fits as the game is full of it. IMHO "declassified" sounds more like "bad version". Never understood why they took that name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Birzer
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always took it that since it takes place years in the past, that the information for the program's activities has been declassified. It is reflective of the time period it is set in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooops wrote:
TheLongshot wrote:
I always took it that since it takes place years in the past, that the information for the program's activities has been declassified. It is reflective of the time period it is set in.

Yup! that was my reasoning as well.

It's pretty much I could come up with as well. But still it feels weird. It would be like calling "Assassins Creed" "Crusades: Resurrection" under the reasoning that you're reliving all those missions in order to revive the targets in the modern world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls