Subject: Newbie looking for Steam friends... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr. Barbie
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hi all!

I normally hang out on the board game geek side of the forums, but I've been on an indie FPS kick lately and would love to meet people to play co-op with.

It's rare enough to find people who have heard of Sanctum, Killing Floor, etc. It's even rarer that they aren't obsessed with their own personal DPS stats rather than playing as a team and beating the levels, or spend the whole time freaking out about there being a girl in the TeamSpeak channel.

I'm also into fiddling around with custom content for games like Torchlight 2 and Neverwinter Nights. It's always nice to meet people who are in the happy medium between mod-hating vanilla players and battle.net hackers who only know how to have fun in god mode.

I know, I'm so picky! Geez...

Hope there are some like minded people out there. Have an awesome night!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
While my group of friends is currently preoccupied with Payday 2 we really play all kinds of stuff. We are also the rare breed of team players who actually, you know, work with each other. Feel free to add me; my profile is http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995157247
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A bunch of us semi-regularly get together online to game on Fri/Sat evenings (US time). Mostly we tend towards co-op games of various kinds. Mostly these thing get organised (insofar as they are), via the Steam Users Guild, namely on the VGG multiplayer game night! thread. You can also add a whole bunch of folks to your friends list from those who have posted on the What is your ID and Nickname? thread.

What online gaming I do has come via these routes. Nobody I have met this way is the ultra-competitive type of gamer. Mostly we're just out to unwind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a fan of the Sanctum series of games... and played Sanctum 2 quite a bit when it came out (would love to finish it some day).
I've tried Killing Floor but never played Multiplayer.

I'm on steam as
http://steamcommunity.com/id/grimwold/
and I'm also in the steam users guild and VGG game night crowd that Luke mentioned... though I haven't played much multiplayer lately it seems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Barbie
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sweet! It sounds like I have a lot of reading and greeting to do! Thanks for the welcoming responses, all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Moved to Steam Users Guild
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Welcome to VGG! We're glad to have you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ellyria,

If you still have room for one more, feel free to add me (Kempeth) as well. Currently I've installed Trine 2 - Goblin Menace, Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 in the Co-Op department but am open to getting something new or dusting off something older too. I have been eye-ing Sanctum 2 or some Left 4 Dead iteration for a while now.

It'd be nice to have TS too for coordination and some friendly banter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ellyria wrote:
Hi all!

I normally hang out on the board game geek side of the forums, but I've been on an indie FPS kick lately and would love to meet people to play co-op with.

It's rare enough to find people who have heard of Sanctum, Killing Floor, etc. It's even rarer that they aren't obsessed with their own personal DPS stats rather than playing as a team and beating the levels, or spend the whole time freaking out about there being a girl in the TeamSpeak channel.

I'm also into fiddling around with custom content for games like Torchlight 2 and Neverwinter Nights. It's always nice to meet people who are in the happy medium between mod-hating vanilla players and battle.net hackers who only know how to have fun in god mode.

I know, I'm so picky! Geez... :)

Hope there are some like minded people out there. Have an awesome night!

Hi, are you a bunch of asterisks named Steven? Because someone sent me an invite, but I wasn't sure who it was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
Hi, are you a bunch of asterisks named Steven? Because someone sent me an invite, but I wasn't sure who it was.
That's probably me. Not sure what the "bunch of asterisks" is though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
celiborn wrote:
Osirus wrote:
Your public name is "*****":
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198082982207/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
celiborn wrote:
Osirus wrote:

Ah, cool, added. Just wanted to make sure it was an actual BGG/VGGer. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turns out you can add nicknames your steam friends.. so there's a few people I'll be adding their xGG username as a nickname.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Roth
Germany
Wistedt
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You didn't know that? I started with adding nicknames ala "BGG|nickname" to all of the guys that I added. But my friend list got horribly crowded so I also pushed them all to a seperate "BGG" group in the friend list.

Edit: I think I should start with changing the nickames to "real name|BGG name" incase someone changes his steam identifier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Astartus wrote:
You didn't know that? I started with adding nicknames ala "BGG|nickname" to all of the guys that I added. But my friend list got horribly crowded so I also pushed them all to a seperate "BGG" group in the friend list.

Edit: I think I should start with changing the nickames to "real name|BGG name" incase someone changes his steam identifier.
I didn't know about the nicknames, but I've had all the VGG'ers in a separate subgroup for a while now.. I tend to keep my VGG group expanded and all my other groups collapsed by default. I had the same thought about people changing their steam identifier, so I've just added a load of nicknames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. Whereas I just changed my Steam identifier to Osirus to make it easier for everyone, as I didn't know about this nickname thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
celiborn wrote:
Osirus wrote:
Your public name is "*****":
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198082982207/
Weird! As much as I like being a man of mystery it's probably time to change that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls