Benjamin von Allmen
Switzerland
Zuchwil
Zuchwil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hello.
i played diablo 2 a lot as necromancer and then guild wars 1.
now i'm really finished with that and i search new games, where you can summon dead creatures or be a really evil character.
the plattform doesnt matter, but i would prefer consoles (ps1234, xbox+360, all sega, all nintendo) and handhelds (3ds, ds, gba). of course i prefer the current gen, but when its good it can be a older gen.

-in the game i would love to be summon something bad and my char is evil. Or its evil and he can weaken enemys. the necro of diablo 2 made my image of a necro.
-vampires are also cool, but i dont want "twilight"-vampires. on "vampire bloodlines (PC)" they are awesome. but no summon-skills sadly.
-no superpowers-game like prototype or infamous.

have you recs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Overlord and its sequel jump to mind. You can summon different goblins to do your bidding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bryce
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
admin
I currently have a PS3, PS2, Wii, XBox 360 and an Amiga 1200 all connected to my TV
badge
HMS Astute on Sea Trials
mbmbmbmbmb
More comedy evil than really evil, but two classics where you play evil characters are Dungeon Keeper and Dungeon Keeper 2.

Build a dungeon to attract evil creatures and use them to defeat pesky adventurers trying to stop your reign of terror!

Both are available from www.gog.com and can now run on modern PCs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not what you're looking for, but it does have a necromancer.

Necromancer

I loved that game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second Overlord as exactly the type of thing you're looking for.

Other options include:

Cthulhu Saves the World is an indie game on both Steam and XBOX, in the style of an old-school 16-bit jRPG, where you play as Cthulhu and can summon demons.

Path of Exile is like Diablo2 but better. (also: Free, but you'd never know it from the amazing graphics). And it doesn't matter which main character you choose -- all of them are evil (exiled for committing murder under various circumstances), and all of them can learn to summon zombies, skeletons, and spectres (although it will be more effective for the Witch/Templar/Shadow).

TES: Oblivion is a fantastic RPG that might not immediately come to mind, but you can absolutely play as an evil character, summon undead creatures, and even become a vampire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fable series. You can be as bad as you want. IIRC there is even some summoning going on.

Eador: Masters of the Broken World is a turn based fantasy game where you can chose your destiny. You can focus completely on Necromancy which is also IMHO the easiest way to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls