4 Posts

Alien Frontiers» Forums » General

Subject: The iOS version has a hilarious AI rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
the dare978devil
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just learning the game, so set up a 3 player game with 2 AI cadet opponents. About halfway through the game, I started to notice the AI would drop all 5 of its dice into the Maintenance bay instead of at the very least, soaking up some more resources. It was almost like, "OK, to make sure you win, I'll forgo this turn." I won that game 13-3-2.

The next game, I bumped them up a rank, from cadet to private. In the middle of the game, the same thing happened! Both opponents dumped their dice into the Maintenance bay effectively giving me 2 free turns in a row. Again, I won and it wasn't even close. The third game, I made my opponents Admirals, and although they didn't dump all 5 dice in the Maintenance Bay, they certainly didn't play to win. I had one colony in Asimov the entire game, and they never challenged me for it. I could use and reuse that ability until I simply got all my colonies out first. There was a big fight for the desert (4 to 3 to 2), which I finally locked down with a Repulsor device they never got rid of despite one of them having the Gravity Manipulator card. They also never moved any of their colonies, effectively meaning the ones in the desert weren't helping.

At any rate, it is a great way to learn the game despite the somewhat easy AI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Doerr
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
HeathCon Fall 2019 Oct 10th - 13th
badge
Unplayed Countdown: 23 left to play
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen the dumping of all dice to the Maintenance Bay too. I thought it was a bug, not 'easy AI'. I don't think anyone would program an AI to just give up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I only consider this app a really nice 'trainer'. I *really* wish the developers would beef up the AI, and add asynchronous multi-player support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Alien Frontiers BGG to VGG>> Alien Frontiers