North Ridgeville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.gamesonthebrain.com
badge
www.gamesonthebrain.com
Might this game ever be ported to a physical, hard-copy version?

I'd LOVE to see that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Marshall
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was - see [=147921][/]. However, this was only offered as a Kickstarter incentive, and Shenandoah Studios has declined to make it available outside of Kickstarter supporters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Harrison
United States
North Ridgeville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.gamesonthebrain.com
badge
www.gamesonthebrain.com
RichardHMarshall wrote:
It was - see [=147921][/]. However, this was only offered as a Kickstarter incentive, and Shenandoah Studios has declined to make it available outside of Kickstarter supporters.

Bummer... I wonder why. I guess they just don't want to get in the boardgame business.

I wonder if the designer licensed exclusive analog rights to Shenandoah, or if he could license them to someone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Marshall
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure...I actually acquired my copy on ebay (and paid way too much for it). I haven't played it yet, but the physical quality is so-so; the map is a bit hard to read, and the counters are thin and bland-looking, though die-cut on a small press, similar to counters in Danny Holte games. My description of the gameplay was chopped by the geekmod people when I submitted the game entry, but it has an interesting variable-length-of-day time mechanic that looked like it could be fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Ward
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shenandoah have no plans to release Bulge or any CiC game as a board game beyond those that were created in-house for the first Kickstarter. We're a mobile development studio.

However we are working with Clash of Arms Games to bring Gettysburg to board game format, again for our Kickstarter backers, so it'll be much better quality than the version produced by ourselves for Bulge.

http://www.shenandoah-studio.com/gettysburg-board-game/

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Sohn
United States
culver city
CA
flag msg tools
Check out my class: https://www.canvas.net/courses/game-design-concepts
badge
How are you today?
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to get the boardgame manual PDF? Not the counters, just the manual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls