- Tavis ParkerUnited States
WisconsinAre you a game designer? Join over 215,000 users in our community who love designing games and playing indie games!
The Flux Capacity (http://www.thefluxcapacity.com/) is an up and coming board game publisher in Canada with two great titles under their belt, and more to come soon. TFC is looking for another game to add to their line-up and that’s where you come in. This is another great board game design contest at The Game Crafter! (https://www.thegamecrafter.com)
All TFC games have significant replay value with a strong theme and solid mechanics. Their games are targeted at families with players aged 13 or older.
At TFC a strong theme means that the players are immersed in an experience that leave the players feeling that they were there, participating in the world that the game is about. The theme should be be threaded through the mechanics, art, and story of the game to unify the journey that the players take.
Solid mechanics means no fluff. Every choice has an impact on how the rest of the game plays out. There needs to be meaning behind each decision and the decisions should feel as though they belong in the world that the theme has created.
To qualify, your game must comply with all of the following rules:
* While the implications of the rules can and should be complex, the explanation of the rules must be simple (can be learned and/or taught in less than 15 minutes).
* It cannot be a cards-only game. It must use other components such as pawns, boards, tiles, etc.
* It should also not be a small game, but rather something with substance that the players can immerse themselves in time and again.
* Play time must be less than 2 hours, and ideally 60-90 minutes.
* It must play 2 to 6 players.
* It must be a competitive game, not co-op. However, it cannot have an elimination mechanic.
* The game must have a cost of $39.99 or less.
* You are welcome to use any components available in The Game Crafter shop. (https://www.thegamecrafter.com/parts)
* A rules document or booklet must be downloadable from your game’s shop page and must also be included in the game itself.
* The game must be publish ready, meaning it has a logo, backdrop, shop ad, action shots, description, and cool factors. It must also have all images proofed, and have packaging (any of our boxes will do).
* This must be a new game created for this contest. It cannot have existed on TGC prior to the contest.
* All artwork must be your own, commissioned by you, licensed to you, or in the public domain.
* All entries must be submitted through the game editor at The Game Crafter (by clicking on the “Contests” button) no later than Noon UTC on May 27th, 2014. Contestants may submit multiple entries to this contest. Each entry will be judged separately.
The winner shall receive a publishing contract with The Flux Capacity for their game with intentions to produce the game in 2015.
The second place game designer shall receive a pack of games from The Flux Capacity.
The third place game designer shall receive a copy of The Flux Capacity’s most recently produced game, Give it to the King!
PS - The Flux Capacity has another kickstarter launching shortly for Gone Viking. Go check it out at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/underwaterjosh/20383692...
- [+] Dice rolls
- Brian BaierUnited States
This is cool, but...
Why is this board game contest posted on RPGGeek and not BoardGameGeek?
- [+] Dice rolls
- Eric Jome(cosine)United States
elucidarian wrote:Why is this board game contest posted on RPGGeek and not BoardGameGeek?
The Publisher category is shared by both sides of the site.
- [+] Dice rolls