Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb

It's a shot in the dark, but I have a nearly mint copy of MET that I'd like to swap out for Skyrim. Only played once.

Please help me avoid Ebay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Etkin
United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb

No takers, huh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep 'em both imho. Can't go wrong with owning the two of the best science fiction and fantasy gaming series out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Etkin
United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb
Aniketos wrote:
Keep 'em both imho. Can't go wrong with owning the two of the best science fiction and fantasy gaming series out there.

Nah, I think I'm being unclear... I'm trying to get a used copy of Skyrim Legendary in exchange for Mass Effect Trilogy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MOTHDevil wrote:
Aniketos wrote:

Nah, I think I'm being unclear... I'm trying to get a used copy of Skyrim Legendary in exchange for Mass Effect Trilogy.
Oh I know what you were saying, I just worded my reply wrongly. But keep Mass Effect and buy the Skyrim Legendary edition at a nearby Gamestop or some such similar store that sells video games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Etkin
United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb
Aniketos wrote:
MOTHDevil wrote:
Aniketos wrote:

Oh I know what you were saying, I just worded my reply wrongly. But keep Mass Effect and buy the Skyrim Legendary edition at a nearby Gamestop or some such similar store that sells video games.

Honestly...? I just really, REALLY didn't like Mass Effect.

I bought the game on recommendation, and I hate chase view POV games with a burning of a thousand suns. I also don't like real-time squad management, and the menu interface is about the clunkiest and most confusing I've played in a long time. It's very clearly a PC game, not a console game. The story might be awesome (which is primarily why I bought it), but I'll never find out. C'est la vie.

So the game is effectively a very pretty and near-mint brick on my shelf.

Skyrim, OTOH, I know I'll like, because I rate Oblivion and Morrowind as probably one of my top 5 games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
mbmbmbmbmb
MOTHDevil wrote:
Aniketos wrote:
MOTHDevil wrote:
Aniketos wrote:

I bought the game on recommendation, and I hate chase view POV games with a burning of a thousand suns. I also don't like real-time squad management, and the menu interface is about the clunkiest and most confusing I've played in a long time. It's very clearly a PC game, not a console game. The story might be awesome (which is primarily why I bought it), but I'll never find out. C'est la vie.

Skyrim, OTOH, I know I'll like, because I rate Oblivion and Morrowind as probably one of my top 5 games.
I also played a few of the series, but couldn't get more than a few hours into the game. I was even playing it on a PC!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Etkin
United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb

Live and learn. I completely recognize it's a stellar and influential game for many people. It just wasn't for me.

I'm still hoping to find a PS3 game that's essentially Skyrim or Oblivion, except with a sci-fi wrapping. Kind of like Halo, except sandboxy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
mbmbmbmbmb
MOTHDevil wrote:

Live and learn. I completely recognize it's a stellar and influential game for many people. It just wasn't for me.

I'm still hoping to find a PS3 game that's essentially Skyrim or Oblivion, except with a sci-fi wrapping. Kind of like Halo, except sandboxy.
Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but have you checked out Borderlands 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MOTHDevil wrote:

Fair enough

Military Muskrat wrote:
MOTHDevil wrote:

Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but have you checked out Borderlands 2?
Well, that or the STALKER series are the only ones I can think of in that genre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls