Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
5th April 2014, 19:00 UTC – 23:00 UTC

Players

GM nemesis13

Ruach played by schizoid
Catríona played by Kattvippa
Caerian played by steerpike65
Fiona played by IvoryThorns
Filian played by derf_red

Moving On

In the morning there’s a knock on our door. As Ruach answers the door, we see that it’s Melen, who was pounding our door. Ruach asks “What’s going on?” to which Melen answer by saying he could ask the same thing. He goes on about how we first made wild accusations, then did some investigating and now just sleep like nothing had happened. He then proceeds on telling us how the newly elected village council wants to talk to us. I ask him if we could have a moment since we did wake up for that knock on the door. As soon as Melen is gone, we have a little talk about what to do. We all agree on telling the truth, how ever bizarre that might be. Fiona puts on her perfect make-up faster than I’ve ever seen her do that.

As we approach the village hall, we see that Sir Harold’s horse is still here. Great, that proud creature is exactly what we need here. We walk in and see a lot of villagers around. There’s also Melen, Katell and a third man we haven’t seen before. I see Evan and Tomin in the crowd as well. I don’t feel too comfortable with all these people crowded here, but I push that feeling aside and approach Katell, saying “I am sometimes quite impulsive and talk before I think. I said horrible things to you and accused you of things I now know you would never do. Please accept my apology; I am truly sorry for my haste words.” She slightly nods and I guess that is all that I’m going to get or all that I deserve at this point.

Sir Harold starts accusing us of all kinds of things. You can always trust Sir Harold to enjoy trashing other people’s reputation, it seems. He goes on and on about how convenient that the only people that we’re accusing, are missing right now. Katell then speaks for the first time and says Argan has been a respectful member of the village they would have to hear his side of the story as well. Filian asks if Argan had any close friends at the village. Katell blushes slightly and says he was mostly friends with Yuna the huntress, who usually hunts around the waterfall. We ask about the children and Katell says they are dying. They don’t eat or drink or respond to anything.

Caerian goes to the woods to meditate for four hours to be prepared. He wants to try to heal one of the children we rescued. Me and Filian decide to go to Patrig the potter and try to locate his daughter, Solena, while Fiona and Ruach goes to look for Yuna.

Asking around about Solena

Me and Filian go to Patrig and I introduce myself and tell him that we are looking for any kind of information there is to be found about Argan. He says Solena might know, he doesn’t want to talk about these things, we should hear it from Solena. When I ask him if he could take us to her, he says he doesn’t know where she lives, but Tomin the hunter does. I ask him if there’s anything he’d like me to tell his daughter, he shakes his head. I tell him I’m going to tell Solena we saw his father in good health. He just mumbles she should be happy to hear that.

So we walk back to the village hall and look Tomin up. We tell him Patrig said he doesn’t know where his daughter lives and that he sent us over to him. Tomin replies that he never takes anyone to Solena without Patrig’s consent. I ask him if he could ask Patrig then. Tomin smiles and says “You already did, you are back here aren’t you?” I blush and say “Oh, right. Would you mind taking us to her then?” He says it’ll take some time to walk there, so we should get something to eat before we go.

At the Waterfall

In the meanwhile Fiona and Ruach stay with Katell and ask her where Argan usually took the children, when he did take them to field trips. She is not sure, but tells them to check around the waterfall. As they are leaving, Sir Harold approaches Fiona and talks about the upcoming birthday of Lord McIsenor. He says Fiona must go there, else Lord McIsenor will be most disappointed. Fiona says she does everything in her power to make sure she will be back to Seòl in time. Sir Harold very nearly blushes when he asks Fiona if he could have the first dance. Fiona says “sure” and leaves blushing Sir Harold in his day dreaming.

They start toward the woods and follow a small path for some time before they hear noises. The move further and arrive at a small creek that has a waterfall, which just barely deserves the name waterfall. There are huge stones as well, and they decide to move each one of them, to see is something would be hidden under them. After their sweaty work the stones now look like they’ve been moved, which they didn’t look like before, and they found absolutely nothing. They look around and can see both animal and human tracks. The human tracks seem to be coming from the village and lead behind the waterfall. None of the tracks seem to come back from behind the waterfall. They decide it’s time to move behind the watery curtain and in doing so, Fiona’s beautiful make-up and hairdo is ruined. you can be sure that she’s not happy about that.

They come into a small cave that seems to be about 5-6 meters deep and so narrow that Ruach’s both shoulders are touching the cave’s walls. They move forward and suddenly the cave turns into a bigger cavern. He feels around and touches something on the ground that feels like a torch and he lights it and so they can see in the cave. They can see a makeshift bed, a bow and some arrows.

Meeting Solena

Tomin leads us to the forest and let me tell you, he wasn’t kidding when he said it would take some time to walk to Solena’s place. Finally he stops and says “See the rock there?” and points to a big rock. When I nod, he says go around it and down to a small valley. When I ask if he’s coming with us, he says it’s better he didn’t. When I ask if there’s a reason for not going any further with us he just says you will see. I’m starting to be a little bit worried about who this Solena person really is. So we say our thanks to our guide and walk toward the valley. When we arrive at the rock, I can instantly see why Solena would want to live down in the valley. The valley is absolutely gorgeous, lots of pretty flowers and peace and quiet. A Huge raven sits on a rock and eyes us when we approach. The bird circles around us while descent. After a little more descending we can hear sort of singing, or more like humming that ends in a kind of dissonance. We finally arrive at a small hut with a small fireplace. There’s a young woman by the creek, washing some berries. when she hears us, she turns toward us and we can see an eye-patch on her right eye, the other eye is icy blue. She’s not too happy about seeing us here and she let’s us know that too. The conversation is far from polite. When I tell her we’re looking to find any information about Argan, we can see a flash of hatred on her face. She says Argan is a bad apple. I ask her if she would happen to know where in the woods Argan would hide anything that is important to him. She says as a matter of fact she does. She even agrees to show us the place. She picks up her quarterstaff and starts leading us to the forest.

In the Cave

While Fiona and Ruach search the cave they can feel air coming in, so there are ways out of the cave other than the one they came in from. Suddenly they hear someone walking in the cave and then a female voice “Who’s there?” Fiona tells her they are looking for Yuna and the woman asks who they are, so they tell her their names. She walks in and they see a bald woman with spiraling tattoos all over her body and head. Fiona wonder why any woman would shave themselves bald. The woman asks what they are doing there and Fiona explains that Argan might be facing some pretty serious accusations and the villagers would like to hear his side of the story. She finally admits being Yuna and says she knows where Argan usually goes when she wants to be alone. Yuna agrees to take them there after a little persuasion from Fiona. While they are on their way there, they bump into Caerian who has been meditating in the woods and he joins them.

Findings

As we’re walking toward the hiding place Solena said she knows, we hear noises and in no time we see a bald woman leading Caerian, Fiona and Ruach. It’s very clear that Solena and Yuna hate each other’s guts, so we try to keep them as far away from each other as possible. Which they actually do on their own, both leading their own group. It’s us that are more confused about how to deal with this. Obviously we are one big group now, but the two women act like there still are two separate groups.

Solena stops and points at a huge rock and says “This is where Argan used to sit for hours.” I thank Solena for her help and tell her her father is in good health. “Good health you say? Pity.” she replies. Obviously there’s some hatred in there too. I try to ask about Argan and she says she can’t really tell me anything. Caerian approaches her, introduces himself and lets her know he’s a Demorthen. Solena bows to Caerian and gives the perfect Ionnthen to Demorthen greeting, which Caerian answers. Solena explains Caerian how after Neventher’s death Argan had tried to keep teaching her, but he had said Solena should open up to Magience . She says she couldn’t believe in any of that, all it does is destroy the old, perfect ways. So she left. Caerian tells Solena that most of the Demorthens don’t believe the way Neventher and Garland believed and he says he can help her to find a proper Demorthen teacher. Bringing the tradition back to the village would be good, they both agree. All the while Yuna has been staring at Solena in not very kind way. She says that times are changing and we need to change with it, living in the past won’t help us, Argan understood that.

After that talk Solena leaves back toward her own place and we walk to the rock. We all look around, trying to find anything that looks at least somewhat out of place. Filian and Ruach sees a small bush just next to the rock, the bush seems to grow right out of the rock. Filian pulls the bush and it immediately comes off and there’s a hole behind it. The hole has been sealed with a small stone, which Filian pries out with his dagger. He reaches in and pulls out a piece of cloth that has something wrapped inside of it. He unwraps it and it looks like a very small bottle. Filian gives it a little shake and it sounds like there’s still some liquid in there bottle. This probably is what’s left of the medicine.

Things You Wish You Wouldn’t find

Suddenly the others see movement in the forest and Fiona draws her sword, Caerian notices I haven’t seen anything and says “Catríona, run!” Before we start running though, we notice there’s movement, but it keeps happening at the same spot. Fiona walks closer and sees it’s a hanged body and it’s Argan. Fiona asks Yuna’s assistance in cutting him down and carrying him back to the village for burial.

At the Village

The village council is not very happy when we bring Argan’s body back to them. We ask them about Ashen Yeard, but none of them has ever heard it. I suddenly remember a place called Ashen Archipelago, but that is so far away from here, it can’t be that.

Filian test the liquid as much as he can without any equipment. It has sharp smell, it’s colourless and somewhat oily. That’s all he can tell. So we decide it’s about time to get back to Seòl. but before we leave, Caerian tries to heal one of the children, with no effect. He can see how the last glimmer of hope just disappeared from the parents who were watching him trying. As a last resort he puts a healing cherry in one of the children’s mouth and forces him to swallow it. The wound in his neck immediately heals. At least they could now keep the children alive with some kind of broth.

At Seòl

As we arrive we can see that the city looks very festive, apparently everyone’s getting ready for the Lord’s birthday. Filian asks from one of the guards at the gate why there are so many long faces since there’s a big party tomorrow and all. Lord McIsenor’s daughter was on a diplomatic trip on her own and now her caravan has gone missing. People are worried and sad.

The Good Doctor

Filian remembers having had some dealing with a Magientist called Doctor Jard Iunvan. While Fiona and Filian go to see him, me, Caerian and Ruach go to a tavern I know Varigals frequent. Fiona and Filian walk into the not so nice part of the city and all the buildings there are pretty dark and they don’t look too inviting. As they arrive, they see a sign that says “Healer” on Iunvan’s door. There’s a man with constant coughing and a woman who holds her stomach. They hear a bell and the woman goes in. She comes out stil holding her stomach. The bell rings again and the man goes in, coughing. Soon he comes out, still coughing as much as he was when he went in. As the bell rings the third time, Fiona and Filian walk in. All the blinds are shut and they see some doctor’s equipment. Filian says he wants him to analyze the content of the medicine bottle. He also asks about Evarzeg, but Iunvan doesn’t recognize that name. Iunvan smells the liquid and coughs, and then asks how valuable this information is to Filian. Iunvan asks for a pretty high price and a long haggling starts. Finally Filian says he can take the medicine to the other doctor, what’s his name was again, if Iunvan doesn’t want his money. they finally agree on a price and Iunvan says the result can be picked up tomorrow.

Frozen Waterfall

In the meanwhile we walk to the cozy and clean tavern I’ve been overnight many a times. The inn keep happily greets me and I tell him we’re looking to find any info about Ashen Yards there is, I would appreciate it if he could pass the word. He asks if I take my usually room and I agree to take it. I’m happy to be home. Or at least as close to home as it ever gets to me. He then goes off, spreading the word about the knowledge I’m looking to find. We have something to eat and drink while waiting to see if anyone knows anything. A man walks in, Ruach knows him and he knows Ruach, as they worked the same profession back at Kel Loar. they slightly nod at each other, but do not approach each other.

After having eaten, Ruach heads back to the gate to ask if anyone with Evarzeg’s description and wounds would happen to have arriving here yesterday or today. the guards says he wasn’t on duty yesterday, but Ruach should come back tomorrow when the guards who were, will be back on duty.

To be Continued…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai S.
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Drama Llama Roleplaying Society
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again a great session report, thanks for writing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
nemesis13 wrote:
Once again a great session report, thanks for writing this.
Thank you for running the campaign and for your kind words!

I might not have enough time to write sessions reports for all the sessions I've ever played in, but I try to write them of all the campaign sessions I play in. Unless they would mostly be super spoilery or loaded with information, like for Masks of Nyarlathotep (3rd & 4th edition).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls