Julie M
United States
flag msg tools
*Not really sure if this is spoilers, since it's not exactly a secret. But I wanted to warn anyone who didn't want to know the new Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U characters ahead of time.

What are your thoughts on the announcement of Pac-Mac as a character in the new Super Smash Bros.? I've heard some mixed opinions already and wanted to know what you all thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian S.
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a mixture of Kirby and Game & Watch.

I'm more happy to see Mega Man in there finally...I assume he was announced previously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Twice
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
I think it's really great. We have the flagship characters from Sega, Namco, Capcom and Nintendo in the same game and that's very cool. Add back Snake and we would have all the big Japanese developers on board.

Concerning Pac-Man himself, I love how they have added a lot of Namco fanservice through the character and he looks fun! He doesn't look out of place aesthethically and it seems his specials will be interesting.

It's just very cool and I really like Smash Brothers so why not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enjoy some homing fireballs!
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more surprised by seeing Mega Man in there. I'd have never thought that Capcom would have let Nintendo use him, given that he's also in the MvC series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Still no love for Bonk.
soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Birzer
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was the second character announcement at E3, with Lady Palutena being announced yesterday.

It looks like a solid lineup. My son was sold once they had announced that Greninja was in the game.

Personally, I like the announcement about being able to play as Miis. It looks like there will be a good variety of customization that you can do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garcian Smith
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the gameplay video of it and I guess to me it just looks all the same as the previous one. However it still will be one of the best 4 player games to play with anybody on the couch. Hopefully Namco will get rid of all the terrible problems plaguing the previous game such as the trip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Twice
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Complaints about tripping were always exagerated, I've organized dozens of tournaments for more than a hundred players and it has never had an important impact on the outcome any match.

In fact, my main complain about it is that it's utterly ineffective and little more than an annoyance, like a small lag spike.

Of course, given the online Smash community is probably the single most toxic community I've ever seen form around a game, even the smallest deviation or annoyance is turned into hate and insults.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Twice
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
fireflyhex wrote:
I wonder if a game like this will be okay on the 3DS
My worry is how the two different versions will be handled. What will happen if characters work noticiably different in each platform? That would suck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor G
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They should put bomberman in the next SSB. You know, if they have the rights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls