Onitama: The Board Game
Oxenfree
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
World of Warcraft
Portal 2
Artifact
The Castles of Burgundy
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (1993)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Tabletop Simulator
Tides of Time
Shards of Infinity
Borderlands
BioShock 2
Super Mario World
Saints Row 2
Tales of Phantasia
Super Mario 64
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario Kart
Mario Kart 64
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Galaxy
The Movies
Grim Fandango
Diablo II
Diablo III
Super Monkey Ball 2
New Super Mario Bros.
Stunt Race FX
Red Dead Revolver
Impossible Mission
Master of Magic
StarTropics
Golgo 13: Top Secret Episode
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Video Game» Forums » Bazaar » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Lucasarts/Disney Games are now on GoG.com rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A. Power
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the best news I've heard this week!
Lucasarts games, now on GOG.com

Launch titles include these:

Star Wars™: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam & Max Hit the Road (Windows + Mac + Linux!) - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition
Indiana Jones® and the Fate of Atlantis™ (Windows + Mac + Linux!)
Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic

The X-Wing and Tie Fighter Special Editions include the DOS versions and the Star Wars: X-Wing Collector's Series versions with the updated Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter engine. I'm thinking I'm about to lose $20 to games I already own.

Edit: Looks like the DOS versions of XW and TF are not the Collector's CD-Rom versions with all the cool voice overs, but merely the Floppy disk versions. I might have to wait and see if they'll add the Collectors versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was surprised to see this as well but just as excited! I wonder if we will finally see Star Wars Battlefront get a rerelease. I own the game already (bought a copy at a used bookstore) but I wouldn't mind having a digital download back up. I might do the same for KOTOR. I have it on Steam but don't like having to boot Steam up just to play it all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Power
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's looking like the whole LucasArts/Disney catalog may become available, as these are just the first games up and running. Can't wait to see what else shows up next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this mean I will get a chance to play Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle? Because if so I may actually put money into my GoG account.

So far it has just been used to soak up free games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Check out my first published board game: In the Name of Odin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking if I should buy X-Wing and Tie Fighter given that I'll be able to play them with a joystick but only on my crummy laptop. Agonising over it. Would you say they might still hold up nowadays?

As soon as they put Full Throttle on, I'm going to go all "shut up and take my money" on them. I haven't played that game, but always wanted to. Also, I'll be happy to pick up copies of Jedi Knight II and Jedi Academy... hoping they'll somehow make the latter work with their GOG Galaxy thingy. I'd love some multiplayer in that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Birzer
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Does this mean I will get a chance to play Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle? Because if so I may actually put money into my GoG account.

So far it has just been used to soak up free games.

Well, Double Fine is remaking Grim Fandango, so you might want to hold out for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bryce
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
admin
I currently have a PS3, PS2, Wii, XBox 360 and an Amiga 1200 all connected to my TV
badge
HMS Astute on Sea Trials
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord_Kristof wrote:
I'm thinking if I should buy X-Wing and Tie Fighter given that I'll be able to play them with a joystick but only on my crummy laptop. Agonising over it. Would you say they might still hold up nowadays?

Yes, they do. TIE Fighter in particular is still one of the best space combat games out there. Though it can be a little tough in some of the first missions where you are flying an unshielded craft and one collision can kill you!

Incidentally if you already own the original games or the collector's edition (as I do) they can be installed on modern systems through the use of a fixed 64-bit installer. Also if you get strange colours when playing the game, you simply need to create a batch file that kills explorer.exe. I understand that both of these fixes have been applied to the games being sold through GoG.

The 64-bit installers are here.

Instructions for creating a batch file to kill explorer.exe (and other fixes) are here (X-Wing) and here (TIE Fighter).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Friedman
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord_Kristof wrote:
As soon as they put Full Throttle on[...]

Yes, please! I love this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Schoonmaker
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
badge
This overtext intentionally left blank.
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in the day, I always got the impression that X-Wing would be better played with a joystick. I assume that's still true. Does anybody have joystick recommendations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Power
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bryces wrote:
Lord_Kristof wrote:

Yes, they do. TIE Fighter in particular is still one of the best space combat games out there. Though it can be a little tough in some of the first missions where you are flying an unshielded craft and one collision can kill you!

Incidentally if you already own the original games or the collector's edition (as I do) they can be installed on modern systems through the use of a fixed 64-bit installer. Also if you get strange colours when playing the game, you simply need to create a batch file that kills explorer.exe. I understand that both of these fixes have been applied to the games being sold through GoG.

The 64-bit installers are here.

Instructions for creating a batch file to kill explorer.exe (and other fixes) are here (X-Wing) and here (TIE Fighter).

They do hold up well, even with the early 90s 3D ship models. I went ahead and reinstalled my copy of Star Wars: TIE Fighter Collector's CD-ROM and was impressed with how cool the game still is to play. I couldn't get those installers from Mark Egger's site to work, but I was able to copy the contents of the TIECD to my HDD and install it via DosBox. There's plenty of topics about getting TIE95, as it's called, to work on GOG.com.

NeonElephant wrote:
Back in the day, I always got the impression that X-Wing would be better played with a joystick. I assume that's still true. Does anybody have joystick recommendations?

I'm just using my xbox 360 gamepad and other than some issues centering the joystick (there's a slight pull to the right I can usually compensate for), it works like a champ. Messing with the mouse, you'll need to increase the mouse sensitivity in your dosbox config file.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I am the wasp / that burrows in! I am the shriek / of twilight din!
mbmbmb
Paid. (This is a ye olde thread BTW).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Methinks that you may be conversing with a bot there Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Methinks thou art correct.

They have also posted coupon links in another thread.

I've reported them in the LASH group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
Methinks that you may be conversing with a bot there Phil

I'd like to give that bot a microbadge:  Thread Necromancer... I revive dead threads.

robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.