Popular Tags: [View All]
David Hicks
United States
Evansville
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got Super Smash Bros Wii U and three amiibos (Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby)

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool I'm not a fighting game guy but I am a Nintendo guy, I'll be interested to hear your thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hicks
United States
Evansville
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good game. In keeping with the other SSB. If you get the chance, buy the accompanying amiibos. They add alot to the gameplay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I downloaded SSB4 last weekend and the whole family's had a blast with it every day. The kids are totally getting Amiibos for Christmas. I haven't played any prior SSB's and rarely play fighting games, so I can't provide much enlightened commentary, but we're enjoying it. Everything looks great, plays smoothly, and is lots of chaotic fun.

The only criticism I have is that the various game modes seem very poorly explained. Obviously, the huge "Smash!" button is the common free-for-all mode, and that's fine. But then there a ton of other modes to play with, including single-player "Classic". I tried that a few times, but I don't understand the point of it. Gold? Custom parts? Abilities? What does any of that do? I even looked in the manual, but it didn't help. Am I supposed to understand this from playing previous SSB entries?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hicks
United States
Evansville
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally agree. I have had to spend a lot of time on smash wiki just yo figure out what to do in each mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
In all honesty, "too much" is a good description of what I thought about the modes.

I really like there being a single-player mode to train on, but really, this was overdoing it. I liked the N64 one, where there was a special one-player mode that was a bit crazed. I always thought the superduper long "adventure" modes on the GameCube and Wii were overdoing it, but this is way over the top. I don't even know how to navigate them.

And really, I was seriously annoyed at the "random loot" and "catch'em all" thing for single play mode. What is this, World of Warcraft? Even more so when playing single player mode costs virtual coins that you gain from – playing a simple single player mode!

So… I'm supposed to play single player mode simple ones, so I can PAY for playing a harder mode, so I can gain stuff that I can use in other modes?

I mean, seriously?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls