Popular Tags: [View All]
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be way behind here but is this no longer on the App Store? I was reloading stuff on my iPad and this one says it's no longer available. That is a real bummer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janus Lin
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just purchased this in the past 2 weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it depends on your device. Somewhere along the way they updated the app and made it basically unplayable on my iPad2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this post and I have an iPad Mini with Retnia display. I went and checked on it annnnnd nothing. My I was talking with my girlfriend who has the first Ipad Air and she also checked on the Store...its not displaying there for us either.

Kind of scary since this is one of our favorite games and we're both still hoping for multiplayer considering how far apart we both live.

*puts up HanClinto light*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have iTunes on my desktop. What happens when you visit this link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alien-frontiers/id565675755?u...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I get a pop up window that says "The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegre wrote:
Oh. Hello.

Tegre wrote:
I saw this post and I have an iPad Mini with Retnia display. I went and checked on it annnnnd nothing.
Hrmmm, let me write to Game Salute and see what Dan says. It's all under their account on the App Store.

Tegre wrote:
Kind of scary since this is one of our favorite games and we're both still hoping for multiplayer considering how far apart we both live.
Thanks. Game Salute is still interested in this -- this is primarily an issue of my own scheduling -- not theirs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the past I have not been able to download certain apps or books from US store and found a fix.
Go into iTunes settings and change your country address, works as a fix to download and simply revert back afterwards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for checking into this Clint. I have an iPad air 2 so it seems like it should be able to handle the app. It's been awhile since I played (obviously) but it has always been a favorite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
biffta wrote:
In the past I have not been able to download certain apps or books from US store and found a fix.
Go into iTunes settings and change your country address, works as a fix to download and simply revert back afterwards
This seems like an awful big hassle. I went to iTunes settings to try and it wouldn't accept the change unless I provided a valid address in (I picked the UK) the country I picked. I'm sure I could fire up google earth or some such app and come up with an address that it may accept but it would just be easier to download the app from the App Store that I purchased it from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZillaGod wrote:
biffta wrote:
This seems like an awful big hassle. I went to iTunes settings to try and it wouldn't accept the change unless I provided a valid address in (I picked the UK) the country I picked. I'm sure I could fire up google earth or some such app and come up with an address that it may accept but it would just be easier to download the app from the App Store that I purchased it from.

Yes, you need a proper address...you could Just google and pick a company one whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Brassard
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegre wrote:
I get a pop up window that says "The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store"

Funny - I'm in Canada and I get the message that it's not available in Canada, but it is in the US store... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now it's not even in my list of previously purchased apps...bummer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Freeman
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not available in the UK App Store either

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've messaged Dan about this as well - as soon as I hear back from him, I'll let you know what I discover!

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uel McAdorey
Canada
Fonthill
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking for Hive the other day but couldn't find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoser wrote:
I was looking for Hive the other day but couldn't find it.
For Hive try checking the iPhone apps instead of iPad apps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Stelling
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
dasmurphy
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI. It is also not available in the german store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone - we have some progress! Seems there was an issue with iOS that we needed to get fixed which has now been done. You should find the game back on the App Store, good as new, in the next few days.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Stelling
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
dasmurphy
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:
Hey everyone - we have some progress! Seems there was an issue with iOS that we needed to get fixed which has now been done. You should find the game back on the App Store, good as new, in the next few days.
Thanks for the update. That good to know.

Will it be still compatible with iOS 5.1 on my old iPad?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dasmurphy wrote:
Game Salute wrote:
Thanks for the update. That good to know.

Will it be still compatible with iOS 5.1 on my old iPad?

I believe that it should, yes. One personal goal of the project has always been to always maintain backwards compatibility with the iPad 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Huh, and here's me thinking it must have been replaced by this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, that's something that we've not authorised!

I just checked and though the game's not yet back on the App Store, we expect it to return shortly.

- Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euro Gamer
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HanClinto wrote:
Tegre wrote:
Oh. Hello.

Tegre wrote:
I saw this post and I have an iPad Mini with Retnia display. I went and checked on it annnnnd nothing.
Hrmmm, let me write to Game Salute and see what Dan says. It's all under their account on the App Store.

Tegre wrote:
Thanks. Game Salute is still interested in this -- this is primarily an issue of my own scheduling -- not theirs.

Online multiplayer for this one would be the best! Clint you have done an amazing job with the app so far. It is what got me interested in the physical board game. Great stuff!

Are there plans for an online multiplayer at any point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
neverscene wrote:
HanClinto wrote:
Tegre wrote:
Oh. Hello.

Tegre wrote:

Tegre wrote:

Online multiplayer for this one would be the best! Clint you have done an amazing job with the app so far. It is what got me interested in the physical board game. Great stuff!

Are there plans for an online multiplayer at any point?

Development on online multiplayer has started, but it stalled due to unrelated real-life circumstances. Game Salute is actively interested in me finishing the online multiplayer, but I have not yet scheduled the work onto my calendar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |