XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Eador: Masters of the Broken World
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know there was such a rule. What about games which were only ever released on cover tapes?

It was probably one of my images you saw on geekmod. I found a collection of my old cover tapes from Your Sinclair/Sinclair User/Crash. Unfortunately most of the covers weren't in great condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bryce
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
admin
I currently have a PS3, PS2, Wii, XBox 360 and an Amiga 1200 all connected to my TV
badge
HMS Astute on Sea Trials
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we do now allow cover-disk/tapes and game listings. There has always been a bit of a discussion among the admins as to how to deal with them because we don't have periodicals like RPGG.

We have therefore recently added a new media-type of Type-in.

When entering type-ins or cover-disks/tapes the Publisher should be the name of the magazine. However if you are entering a new magazine as a publisher, it would also help if you state the parent publisher of the magazine. (Computer & Video Games (C&VG) was originally published by EMAP, for example). This is analogous to labels from larger publishing houses (e.g. Firebird Gold is a label from Firebird).

In the description of the Release, it would be helpful to include information as to the Issue and Cover Date of the magazine.

For the release date - usually magazines go on sale a few days prior to the cover date. So the release date of a game published in a magazine dated in, say November would actually be October. Often the exact street date of a magazine can be found by looking at the previous issue. So Issue 2 of Computer & Video Games, with a cover date of December 1981, had an on-sale date of 18th November 1981. So that date should be used for any type-ins which appear in the December 1981 issue.

The Developer of Type-in listings will often be "(Self-developed Video Game)" because they were sent in by individuals. If this is the case, please name the author in the Description of the Release. Sometimes a company name is referenced in the REM statements at the start of the listing - if so, that should be used instead.

Edit: I've tried to enter one as an example - Supernim. This is not perfect, but I hope that it gives the idea. I don't have the exact date of publication because it was in Issue 1 of the magazine. Also the copyright date in the REM statements is much earlier than the date of publication in the magazine. So it is conceivable that it was published somewhere else first. But I can't find it anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
bryces wrote:
Yes, we do now allow cover-disk/tapes and game listings. There has always been a bit of a discussion among the admins as to how to deal with them because we don't have periodicals like RPGG.

Any chance of getting periodicals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bryce
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
admin
I currently have a PS3, PS2, Wii, XBox 360 and an Amiga 1200 all connected to my TV
badge
HMS Astute on Sea Trials
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
bryces wrote:

Any chance of getting periodicals?

I can't really comment - not my area of knowledge I'm afraid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.