Tales of Graces
Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
15348 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [614] | 

Video Game» Forums » Everything Else » The Arcade

Subject: Level 827! VGG chat about life and everything. And of course about √(-¾). rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enjoy some homing fireballs!
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Level 827! VGG chat about life and everything. And of course about 43.
I don't see how you'd possibly play a full chord? Dyads yes, but you've only got two hands, so even a basic triad is out of the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cynical wrote:
Am I understanding that instrument correctly? It looks like it's only capable of 9 notes, which would leave it incredibly limited, since there's 12 notes in an octave.

That why you need to be creative when playing. There are tons of videos of very talented people playing and making really nice music with this instrument. It's not for everyone, which can be also said about any other instrument. To each to their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurkfish wrote:
First ep of SAO was whetted my appetite and will certainly need to continue with the series.

RWBY season 4 trailer drops October 3rd. Cool.

Yay! SAO is apparently polarizing and a lot of people either love it or hate it. We can talk about it when you're done with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
New thread, maybe I can keep up a bit more here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhhh, it's finally Friday.

Last night one of my beagles ate one of my daughters socks. He's done stuff like this before, but thankfully, it was on my wife's watch, so I can't be blamed for it. Rather glad it was one of my daughters socks too, since they're pretty small.

The fact that it hasn't already taken the "Northern" exit means we'll likely see it exiting from the South in a few days.

Gross.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After all the craziness of finishing up the other thread yesterday, I wake up to mb this morning...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
janiera wrote:
After all the craziness of finishing up the other thread yesterday, I wake up to mb this morning...

Heh, I'm not surprised in the slightest. I'm curious how many posts I made yesterday actually.

Edit: Somewhere in the ballpark of 75. Not bad. Felt like a lot more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:

Last night one of my beagles ate one of my daughters socks. He's done stuff like this before, but thankfully, it was on my wife's watch, so I can't be blamed for it. Rather glad it was one of my daughters socks too, since they're pretty small.

The fact that it hasn't already taken the "Northern" exit means we'll likely see it exiting from the South in a few days.

Gross.

When you 'discover' it you need to bring it in the house and tell your wife you're just going to throw it in the wash because "it still looks pretty good"

gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
janiera wrote:

Sad that I missed the post frenzy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Riddlebox85 wrote:
janiera wrote:

Sad that I missed the post frenzy.

It was a good time.

Sorry I couldn't come up with a good Wesley pun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
It now looks incredibly unlikely that I will be able to find someone to share my room at PDXLAN November. Which means I will have to bear the entire $260 bill myself, with no help. Not a big deal to most people who go to LAN parties at hotels, but a pretty big deal for me. Bus service to the hotel is non-existent so I can't commute. Staying at the hotel is nice, but will cost the resulting pretty penny.

I have a feeling everyone who wants a room has one by now.

The trip will be something to look forward to, of course -- three days away from home spent with gamers of many different stripes, all with their PCs set up to play mostly the games I don't. It's outside my usual comfort zone, but that's part of what I love about it. And the cause it supports (Union Gospel Mission's Thanksgiving food programs and meals) is an excellent one. It's just the timing that's a challenge.

On an unrelated note (except that money is involved), does anyone know anything about this smartphone? My current phone won't update anymore and doesn't think it has storage left when it does. The Best Buy clerks are clueless, as you would expect, as to Android not automatically moving things to the MicroSD card to make room. 8GB is no longer enough -- I need more space if I'm going to do what I want. And I certainly don;t want to spend more on a phone than my usual month's rent!

Hold out hope on the hotel. For an event, I saw people still trying to share rooms the night before the event started. You might find someone.

Regarding your phone, I'm assuming you've tried a factory reset?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurkfish wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:

Gross.

When you 'discover' it you need to bring it in the house and tell your wife you're just going to throw it in the wash because "it still looks pretty good"

gulp

This has actually happened a few times now. The first time it happened, I was the one unfortunate enough to have "discovered" the missing sock. For anyone curious, a sock doesn't bear much resemblance to a sock anymore after it's passed through the digestive tract of a beagle. It's in one piece, sure, but yeaaaaaaaaa, it looks pretty much like everything else that comes out that end of a pup.

She was pretty pissed that I didn't take a picture of it, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
janiera wrote:

Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cynical wrote:
I don't see how you'd possibly play a full chord? Dyads yes, but you've only got two hands, so even a basic triad is out of the question.

I've watched some videos of it being played and it looks like you can hit two notes with the same hand (thumb and either middle or ring finger can hit adjacent notes simultaneously). That means you can hit three or four note chords by using both hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mb
janiera wrote:

congrats
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mb
Kattvippa wrote:

It looks like a 'lite' version of a steeldrum. I would love to try out a steeldrum once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit intrigued by this handpan thing, more for curiosity sake than anything.

I think I get the idea. It's pretty similar to a steelpan, but the designers are pretty adamant it's not a "drum". Each handpan is (obviously) pre-tuned to a specific key, and it appears the instrument itself is limited to a single octave.

So, technically speaking it wouldn't be a challenging instrument to learn from the perspective of needing to know scales or anything of that nature, but would require some decent rhythm on the part of the player.

The "Zen" bit makes sense then. I do see this as something that would be pretty relaxing to play. Pretty unique sound, too.

Have fun with it Jonna!

(You realize since you mentioned it on here, you are now obliged to record yourself playing something and post it on GeekDo, yea?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn admins, posting in the other thread. Jan of them at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, noticed that too. To have the power...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:

If your name rhymes with 'hat' you should never have that power, it'll make you mad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:

If your name rhymes with 'hat' you should never have that power, it'll make you mad.

I do agree with this, but then again, given the number of shots to the head I've taken over the years, there's no way I'm not already mad.

Edit: Previous made no sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mb
Jythier wrote:

Yeah I coudn't resist...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:

Gross.

It'll scrub everything out and then be easy to find in the yard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:

Yea, I got excited when I saw 2 more posts...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeorgeMo wrote:
Jythier wrote:

Yea, I got excited when I saw 2 more posts...

I was hoping to get a post in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [614] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.