Tales of Graces
Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
15350 Posts
[1]  Prev «  603 , 604 , 605 , 606 , 607  Next »  [614] | 

Video Game» Forums » Everything Else » The Arcade

Subject: Level 827! VGG chat about life and everything. And of course about √(-¾). rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnRayJr wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:

That said, I did see a video of some guy doing a speedrun on the original Quake that kindof blew me away.

There's a decent chance it's this run from AGDQ 2014, which has over 2 million views on youtube.

That's the one! Good find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
So...why do they have these overtext things anyway?
badge
This is what I really look like. Really. Actually, it was clip art borrowed from the internet
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnRayJr wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:

That said, I did see a video of some guy doing a speedrun on the original Quake that kindof blew me away.

There's a decent chance it's this run from AGDQ 2014, which has over 2 million views on youtube.

Yes, I took a little longer than 17:50:50 when I played Quake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too!

Quake is the only game I've played in a LAN setting. Probably spent 60 or 70 afternoons in the Fall of '96 and Spring of 97 playing team deathmatch and capture the flag with 15 or so other teenagers. Good times.

For whatever reason, this experience has also meant that I never see anything "new" in online FPS multiplayer. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plugs in hard drive that showed up in the mail containing new aerial photo tiles. Starts transferring files to network drive. Windows says estimated time is a wee bit over an hour. Well, that pretty much kills off my afternoon!

Tomorrow I may, if I'm feeling frisky, import the tiles into GIS which takes another several hours...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurkfish wrote:
Plugs in hard drive that showed up in the mail containing new aerial photo tiles. Starts transferring files to network drive. Windows says estimated time is a wee bit over an hour. Well, that pretty much kills off my afternoon!

Tomorrow I may, if I'm feeling frisky, import the tiles into GIS which takes another several hours...

Wow, I actually understood some of that. I guess I did learn something about GIS over the past year.

Granted, most of that was just publishing data from a spreadsheet, or those couple times I had to create an "app" allowing users in the field to gather data points, but still.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
....what? More than 12 hours without a post? Unacceptable.

Played some Red Dead Redemption 2 for an hour or so last night. That game can be really immersive. I think I spent the entirety of that time hunting. Or getting / upgrading gear for hunting, then going out on horseback to track animals.

Got a few perfect pelts I can now use to make some unique stuff, and found a legendary animal, so that was cool.

Then it was 11 o'clock and time to go to sleep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
/checks VGG after a few hours...

Wow, it is REALLY quiet around here today.

Spending some more time in the new gig this week, although I'm still limited to just a couple days a week. Starting next week I'll be in the new job three days a week, and by the week of the 28th, I'll be over here full time.

I can't wait.

It is a completely different tempo, and there is significantly less stress. Most importantly though, I don't feel like I'm being micromanaged or set up to fail. After my last experience, that actually feels pretty foreign to me - which is pretty sad, the more I think about it.

I really think I am going to like it here. I can already see several areas and processes I can improve upon, and showed the current team a thing or two that should really help them out. This just feels like a good fit to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got this, Pat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today my job coach and I partially completed the application for a records job at a substance abuse practice, all that remains is for me to shore up my references and see who I can use. We should be able to get all the paperwork and documents in next week, which will hopefully not be too late. The work is really a good fit, not just the work but the hours and the environment. The developer is very optimistic that they will fi9nd me exactly what they are looking for,

As for gaming, j just scored my first multiplayer win in Field of Glory II. 1-5 isn't a great record, but I am getting more competitive in the tournament. I don't even know the standings, of course, but I now know I won't finish in 100th place out of 100.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh, miserable day at work - yet again too much to do, with me doing most of it. Blargh.

But now it's RPG time! Yay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Please remove your cursor from my avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Woke up really sick this morning. Felt off the past few days, but chalked it up to just being tired. Had to take a sick day from work, which unfortunately put my team in a bind with a few things. Finally started to feel better this evening, and now I feel pretty much back to normal. Weird day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostpants wrote:
Woke up really sick this morning. Felt off the past few days, but chalked it up to just being tired. Had to take a sick day from work, which unfortunately put my team in a bind with a few things. Finally started to feel better this evening, and now I feel pretty much back to normal. Weird day.

I'm increasingly convinced the intensity of the "24 hour bug" is far worse than anything. Fortunately, those sudden intense bouts of sickness do tend to resolve quickly, at the very least.

Maybe it was a touch of food poisoning or something? That's happened to me a couple times, and it seems like I get really sick really quickly, but it's gone soon thereafter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Please remove your cursor from my avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
ghostpants wrote:

I'm increasingly convinced the intensity of the "24 hour bug" is far worse than anything. Fortunately, those sudden intense bouts of sickness do tend to resolve quickly, at the very least.

Maybe it was a touch of food poisoning or something? That's happened to me a couple times, and it seems like I get really sick really quickly, but it's gone soon thereafter.

Definitely could have been food poisoning. Whatever it was, I'm glad it's over. I agree, those sicknesses that come out of nowhere always seem to feel worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Either way, glad you're feeling better Gabe - being sick is never fun.

Case in point, I still have a bit of a cough and some sinus issues from the cold I got over the Holidays...and that was more than 2 weeks ago now. I feel fine and everything, but it's just one of those things that seems to last forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
The cough is lingering this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
The cough is lingering this year.

You said it, platypus. It's annoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woke up with a sore throat and some post-nasal drip; and here I thought I was going to avoid this plague. I must have caught it from Jay when I was playing an MMO with him last night.

In happier news, I bought myself a boardgame this week, which I haven't done in almost a year (since I bought Shards of Infinity on release, which was a great purchase). Planning to try it tonight or tomorrow with Debbie -- really hoping we both like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
I too have had a nasty sickness with a nasty lingering cough (still lingering as we speak). None of you too a flight from Chicago to BWI recently did you? Trying to blame it on someone here.

Keep fighting back, I got your backs sick friends
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
Woke up with a sore throat and some post-nasal drip; and here I thought I was going to avoid this plague. I must have caught it from Jay when I was playing an MMO with him last night.

In happier news, I bought myself a boardgame this week, which I haven't done in almost a year (since I bought Shards of Infinity on release, which was a great purchase). Planning to try it tonight or tomorrow with Debbie -- really hoping we both like it!

But you're not going to tell us what board game??

Also I'm better now, wasn't even coughing last night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
But you're not going to tell us what board game??

Ha! Great minds think alike, I was just going to post that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I want a new boardgame. I still really want Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, but I know I don't have the time, space or patience to commit to that right now.

...so I think I'll just pick up Fallout: New California in keeping with the Fallout theme. Kiddo and I have had a lot of fun playing the base game, even if it is just me mostly playing solo, and her wandering around the board while I do stuff - which is still awesome!

Although, I still don't yet own any games in the Axis & Allies series, which seems wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Know what I was just thinking about? That one night a few of us got together and played a few rounds of Blackwake. That was genuinely one of the most entertaining and downright hilarious gaming experiences of my life.

I think at our "peak" it was Jay, one of Jay's offspring, Matt and myself...right? I'm not missing anyone, am I?

"Ready the cannooooooooooooooooooooon....FIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE!"

/kerblammo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mb
Not a lot of time for games. We got the keys to our new house yesterday. So we have been doing stuff in there for the last two days. Now my wife is there still working while I'm home babysitting. It's hard with two small children at home to get some work done.

It's a bad moment as we are doing some small renovations but that means things are looking bad and ugly at the moment while we want to improve. So we are waiting (and I'm freaking out). We need to move at the end of the month so I'm wondering what and how.

We also learned that we need a new cooker and we want that in a different room. We were hoping to delay that until we moved there but things will have to be done quicker. The plumber is coming in two weeks so it's hard to decide what to do.

Currently the electricians are working in the house and putting in new wiring through the house. Just to get everything working properly and safely. But we will fix up the bedrooms later. Just getting the living area done will be great.

I hate change, I hate renovations (I do love playing House Flipper but things seem much easier there)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Honorable mentions for memorable gaming experiences with various members of the 'geek:

- Playing 7 Days to Die with Rudy, and watching him find landmines by stepping on them.

- Chicken dinner with Tony and squad in PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS.

- Playing a two man squad in PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS with Jay, most notably driving through a red zone in the PUBG equivalent of a Pinto.

- ARK: Survival Evolved and our short lived VGG community. Shenanigans aplenty. Notable memory: Pat and Rudy facing off on the beach at 30 paces with spears (The good guy won that fight - Rudy ended up with a spear to the face).

- Playing Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege with multiple geeks all at once! (I miss Jonna!)

- Wargame: Red Dragon with Jay. And our racing challenge in Project C.A.R.S..

Good times. And I'm sure I'm forgetting more than I'm remembering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on the new place Jan! I'm sure it's stressful and frustrating and a huge pain in the @$$ at the moment, but it will be "home" before you know it, and you'll be able to enjoy the new place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  603 , 604 , 605 , 606 , 607  Next »  [614] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.