Tales of Graces
Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
15349 Posts
[1]  Prev «  604 , 605 , 606 , 607 , 608  Next »  [614] | 

Video Game» Forums » Everything Else » The Arcade

Subject: Level 827! VGG chat about life and everything. And of course about √(-¾). rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocket League w/ Amy and her badonkadonk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mb
I know, thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Rocket League w/ Amy and her badonkadonk.

Ehhhhhhhhhhh, I'm sure this is an inside joke and all, but man...I've been slapped for less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it's not too inside.

She would always be saying, "Hit it with my donk" and it was just hilarious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, I could have sworn I saw some of these posts a couple of years ago. Deja Vu?

Speaking of deja vu-like phenomena, does it mean anything when my dreams get weird in vivid, presentational ways?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
You know, I could have sworn I saw some of these posts a couple of years ago. Deja Vu?

It's entirely likely, nay, probable that you saw some of these posts a couple of years ago. Given the number of shots to the head I've taken over the years, it's entirely likely that I've just forgotten what I post around here, and just repeat the same stuff over, and over, and over again. Kindof like Groundhog Day!

Michael Hopcroft wrote:
Speaking of deja vu-like phenomena, does it mean anything when my dreams get weird in vivid, presentational ways?

In my case, it just means I probably ate something I shouldn't have too close to bedtime. Gives me weird dreams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
I hope it's not too inside.

She would always be saying, "Hit it with my donk" and it was just hilarious.

I'm still not touching that with a ten foot pole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can't think what anybody sees in them."
mbmbmbmbmb
Relax, Pat, it's just a reference to the rear of the vehicle. Amy tends to improvise quite a bit in voice chat. She must've really been in need of a break from ATLAS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
mbmbmbmb
Whoa, Jan, that's a lot going on for you right now! Congratulations on the new place! I guess it will add to the stress if I surprise visit you guys right now, right? I'll cancel my flight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
- Playing 7 Days to Die with Rudy, and watching him find landmines by stepping on them.

And you never once walked over to my corpse and asked if it hurt... when I fell from heaven.

Man, I got to find time to play more games with you guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Spirit of 70 wrote:
Relax, Pat, it's just a reference to the rear of the vehicle.

I assumed as much, I'm just being a smart-"rear of the vehicle".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
And you never once walked over to my corpse and asked if it hurt... when I fell from heaven.

There wasn't enough of you left for me to do that!

...and as I recall, I was too busy laughing my ass off at the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spirit of 70 wrote:
Relax, Pat, it's just a reference to the rear of the vehicle. Amy tends to improvise quite a bit in voice chat. She must've really been in need of a break from ATLAS.

Rudy and Amy in the same chat was always crazy wonderful, and add in Matt's sardonic deadpan and Seth's puns and pretty much every kind of humor was covered. Then my kids backseat driving...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a bit of a golden age of gaming for me. Mostly playing Payday 2 which is a game I probably wouldn't have liked without you all in there with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
This week is a slog and it is only Wednesday.

Best of luck with the house Jan!

I hope everyone sick recovered quickly!

Jythier wrote:
Rudy and Amy in the same chat was always crazy wonderful, and add in Matt's sardonic deadpan and Seth's puns and pretty much every kind of humor was covered. Then my kids backseat driving...

This sounds awesome!

I'm sooo ready for the day to be over... at least I have less than three hours left to go.

I'm feeling rather down about being stuck in QA this year. I was depressed Thursday/Friday and the weekend, and it hasn't really gotten better this week. I think it might be related to how awesome the team is that I'm working with - this is a team I'd be super happy to stay on - if I wasn't in QA. Here's to hoping that this year I break free...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Jythier wrote:

This sounds awesome!

Oh, it was.

Quote:
I was depressed Thursday/Friday and the weekend, and it hasn't really gotten better this week.

I hope you are able to bounce back and shake off the depression. That's a ride no one likes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
It was a bit of a golden age of gaming for me. Mostly playing Payday 2 which is a game I probably wouldn't have liked without you all in there with me.

Resisting urge to say I wouldn't have liked it even with you great people in there.

Whew, almost gave in to urges. Wait...err...modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick note to say that:

1) there was an article in the national media that there's a new virus (not Flu, not a normal cold) that lasts way longer than normal this year. Up to 6-8 weeks.

2) I, too, was wondering what the game was that Osirus purchased.

Shall we never know??!! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Jythier wrote:

Resisting urge to say I wouldn't have liked it even with you great people in there.

Whew, almost gave in to urges. Wait...err...modest

If I remember correctly, it made you motion sick. I wouldn't want to play anything that made me motion sick. Motion sickness sucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also miss playing with Jay and Rudy and Amy and Matt, although I don't think I ever played a game with all 4 at once. Maybe Sonic Racing?

And sorry everyone, the game was Hyperborea, which I was looking into because a friend from the Meatball GCL on here had recommended the game. I read her excellent review, and then a few more reviews, and then it turns out that it was incredibly cheap on Amazon! So I had Debbie read reviews also (I'm trying not to buy any more games Debbie won't play with me, because they sit on the shelf), and she agreed it sounded cool, so I ordered it on Monday.

It arrived today, and we played it tonight. Similar to Orleans with the bag-building, but also a tiny bit like Mage Knight with the balancing move/fight/infrastructure actions around a board. Cool game, Debbie and I both enjoyed it and looking forward to a second play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
And sorry everyone, the game was Hyperborea, which I was looking into because a friend from the Meatball GCL on here had recommended the game.

Yay! Closure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny story - we're in the midst of a snowstorm today. Wife got the call early this morning that schools were on a 2 hour delay, so I waited a bit before clearing the driveway, thinking if I did it too early, it would just be a mess again by the time they would need to leave.

An hour or so later, I fired up the snowblower, figuring I would get the driveway cleared then head in to work late myself. Clearing the driveway took a lot longer than I expected as the snow is rather heavy out there. While doing the snowblower thing, wife stuck her head out of the door and notified me that every school in the county was now cancelled. Figures.

So I finished up, went inside to get logged into the VPN and check in with the team, letting them know I would be in a bit late due to school shenanigans. Well, it turns out that about half the team was in the same boat as me, either working from home, or arriving late. But even better, the building I work is having physical network issues, and no one there is able to get online. So anyone who DID make it in is now heading BACK home to work remote, since the VPN is still up.

What a ride. At least I'm warm and have access to better coffee here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
So...why do they have these overtext things anyway?
badge
This is what I really look like. Really. Actually, it was clip art borrowed from the internet
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Funny story - we're in the midst of a snowstorm today. Wife got the call early this morning that schools were on a 2 hour delay, so I waited a bit before clearing the driveway, thinking if I did it too early, it would just be a mess again by the time they would need to leave.

An hour or so later, I fired up the snowblower, figuring I would get the driveway cleared then head in to work late myself. Clearing the driveway took a lot longer than I expected as the snow is rather heavy out there. While doing the snowblower thing, wife stuck her head out of the door and notified me that every school in the county was now cancelled. Figures.

So I finished up, went inside to get logged into the VPN and check in with the team, letting them know I would be in a bit late due to school shenanigans. Well, it turns out that about half the team was in the same boat as me, either working from home, or arriving late. But even better, the building I work is having physical network issues, and no one there is able to get online. So anyone who DID make it in is now heading BACK home to work remote, since the VPN is still up.

What a ride. At least I'm warm and have access to better coffee here.

Have a second cup after all that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
Quote:
I was depressed Thursday/Friday and the weekend, and it hasn't really gotten better this week.

I hope you are able to bounce back and shake off the depression. That's a ride no one likes.

I'm slowly improving?

Last night we watched a bad movie (Legacy of Blood) and I had some doughnuts, so that was nice. I also chatted with a friend who is in a similar situation - qualified to do much more than her current job, yet stuck making not-so-great money in a job she finds tediously boring that everyone thinks she is great at. We spent time commiserating together. Someday we might do what we joke about and write vampire romance novels (we hear those make bank) so that we can at least quit the jobs we dislike. Though we'd have to lower our literary standards.

I'm still not back to a happy, or even my normal mildly sad, state but I'm feeling better. It helps to know I'm not alone in starting the year off wishing my job situation was different.

(I do love the team I'm on... I just need more creativity in my life, and QA is the very opposite of creative.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Had surgery this afternoon. Now keeping hand elevated. So no games until Saturday afternoon (other than mobile).

I'm going to try to get those free games, then see if Godless is any good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  604 , 605 , 606 , 607 , 608  Next »  [614] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.