Tales of Graces
Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
15348 Posts
[1]  Prev «  605 , 606 , 607 , 608 , 609  Next »  [614] | 

Video Game» Forums » Everything Else » The Arcade

Subject: Level 827! VGG chat about life and everything. And of course about √(-¾). rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Summertime is Christmas time
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Had surgery this afternoon. Now keeping hand elevated. So no games until Saturday afternoon (other than mobile).

I'm going to try to get those free games, then see if Godless is any good.

Good videogames you can play one handed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Grabbed the free games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
wytefang wrote:
Jythier wrote:
It was a bit of a golden age of gaming for me. Mostly playing Payday 2 which is a game I probably wouldn't have liked without you all in there with me.

Resisting urge to say I wouldn't have liked it even with you great people in there.

Whew, almost gave in to urges. Wait...err...modest

If I remember correctly, it made you motion sick. I wouldn't want to play anything that made me motion sick. Motion sickness sucks.

Damn! I was hoping no one would remember that. LOL

But yeah, I actually thought parts of it looked cool but that graphics engine. Ho boy. Makes me super sick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
manukajoe wrote:
frumpish wrote:
Had surgery this afternoon. Now keeping hand elevated. So no games until Saturday afternoon (other than mobile).

Good videogames you can play one handed

Europa Universalis IV and Crusader Kings II were pretty good one-handed games too, as is Civ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Please remove your cursor from my avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
Not a lot of time for games. We got the keys to our new house yesterday. So we have been doing stuff in there for the last two days. Now my wife is there still working while I'm home babysitting. It's hard with two small children at home to get some work done.

It's a bad moment as we are doing some small renovations but that means things are looking bad and ugly at the moment while we want to improve. So we are waiting (and I'm freaking out). We need to move at the end of the month so I'm wondering what and how.

We also learned that we need a new cooker and we want that in a different room. We were hoping to delay that until we moved there but things will have to be done quicker. The plumber is coming in two weeks so it's hard to decide what to do.

Currently the electricians are working in the house and putting in new wiring through the house. Just to get everything working properly and safely. But we will fix up the bedrooms later. Just getting the living area done will be great.

I hate change, I hate renovations (I do love playing House Flipper but things seem much easier there)

Congrats on the new house! That's always a big moment. I've never been a fan of the renovation process either. Granted, that probably stems from my lack of any useful skills in the department. I'm great at swearing a lot during renovations though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Please remove your cursor from my avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:

Have a good recovery! Does this mean you staying home from work too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Does this mean you staying home from work too?

Yes it does. If I had an office job I could go back in a couple days.

But I'm restricted to lifting 1-2 pound objects, and I need to be able to lift 70 lbs to perform my duties. I'm also supposed to avoid repeatedly grasping objects which is pretty much what I do all day.

So it's two weeks off for me until stitches are removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured out what I'm watching Feb 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tuned out the trailer when it started to veer inst standard horror-movie territory. But I imagine that's what people are into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Local anesthetic is starting to wear off. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What was the surgery for? Why did you need it, Tim?

I hope the pain isn't too bad. Get well soon, buddy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was for a condition called trigger finger.

Mayo article

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
My husband is home sick with a fever and I'm here at work... though I have to admit I'm not feeling too great - though I'm more nauseous than feverish. We'll see how long I last.

I was feeling fine earlier, hence why I bothered to come into to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
My husband is home sick with a fever and I'm here at work... though I have to admit I'm not feeling too great - though I'm more nauseous than feverish. We'll see how long I last.

The plague continues to spread.

We're doing okay here. I'm home today, so wrangling children into chores and school so that, hopefully, we can have some fun later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My own plague seems to be worsening as well. Woke up every 2 hours last night, combination of post-nasal drip and sore throat. Hoping to be better by Sunday for game night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
adularia25 wrote:

The plague continues to spread.

We're doing okay here. I'm home today, so wrangling children into chores and school so that, hopefully, we can have some fun later.

Seriously! We're clearly all catching it from posting on this thread!

I'm glad you're doing alright.

My husband had to cancel his dentist appointment today, and he is voluntarily staying home from work, which he never does. I can't remember the last time he was sick... and the last time he stayed home from work because of an injury was 11 years ago!

Osirus wrote:
My own plague seems to be worsening as well. Woke up every 2 hours last night, combination of post-nasal drip and sore throat. Hoping to be better by Sunday for game night.

I hope you get better!

I'm also worried if we continue to be sick we'll have to cancel gaming this weekend...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is some sinister form using this thread as a means to send out vibrations that bring on disease?

Probably not. In fact, it's pretty clear what happened in my case.

I woke up this morning with a maddening headache, one of the worst I've had lately. Well, I hadn't had any soda for a while, so I got some and took my morning meds with it (a pretty good handful of pills) -- and threw up immediately. So I went to a supermarket looking for something that would help -- and threw up again. So I called my primary care to get an ap[pointment for Monday and went to Urgent Care this morning.

The thought it was caffeine withdrawal mixed with dehydration so they gave me water, Tylenol (for the pain), and anti-nausea medication. I haven't thrown up since, though I didn't eat anything afterward more difficult than a donut (Glazed Twist from a local shop -- tasty!) and Tortilla Soup with cheese. If I hold that down, hopefully, I can have something more substantial later in the day -- I was looking longingly at those fish fillets in the freezer before I settled on soup for lunch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Summertime is Christmas time
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel fine went for a 9k run this morning, now drinking coffee in the mall. Sorry to hear you guys are poorly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manukajoe wrote:
I feel fine

Hooray! Maybe health is contagious too; hopefully I'll catch it by quoting this post. That's no dumber than many things I've seen on my Facebook wall recently, but that's an RSP conversation I don't even want to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Made it through the day, heading home after picking up some meds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Been watching Godless on Netflix. I don't understand the motivations of basically all the characters.

I think I'm around half way through the series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
So...why do they have these overtext things anyway?
badge
This is what I really look like. Really. Actually, it was clip art borrowed from the internet
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:

I was fortunate...it glanced off me last week...two other family members were not so fortunate...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beardandglasses wrote:
Osirus wrote:

I was fortunate...it glanced off me last week...two other family members were not so fortunate...

My illness is getting better. I think I brought it on myself with my soda. Problem is that I would have the same symptoms, only worse, if I quit cold turkey. My willpower is too small to handle tapering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will I still be able to play my Wii VC games when the Wii Shop closes? As long as they are on my Wii?

Or will I lose all of those purchases?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  605 , 606 , 607 , 608 , 609  Next »  [614] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.